gk_09

Global Moderator

gk_09

BollyCurry Buzzer, Crazy Creatives

Posted: 28 November 2008 at 1:53pm | IP Logged

[Thanks to Tumhari_Khushi]

Salaam Namaste Chefs!Hug

Welcome to this month's Discussion!Big smile

Today we are going to discuss about Bacteria that could be present in our food/water. For example, e.coli, listeria etc.

*~*~*~*

StarDiscussion QuestionsStar

Question What pre-cautions do you take against bacteria?

Question What if a bacteria outbreak happened in your area, what would you do?

Question For example, recently there was a Listeria Outbreak in parts of Canada in products of the Maple Leaf company. Would you ever buy the company's product again?

Question  Do you think our food and drinks should be checked and cleaned more than what is being done?

*~*~*~*

Feel free to share any other comments. Please do discuss and share your views on this issue...Thanks.

FDR Dev Team

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*DOTM - Bacteria in our Food..~! *" in Food, Drinks & Recipes forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 01 December 2008 at 5:58am | IP Logged
hey gur very intelligent discussion dis time n yet very very useful for all
let me surf first n then will be back wid my views
gud one gur........

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gk_09

Question What pre-cautions do you take against bacteria?  Well usually we get clean water because we make a special water to clean the filters and so.. For food, we tend to stay away from anything raw but fruits and vegetables and they are carefully washed.

Question What if a bacteria outbreak happened in your area, what would you do?  Well I'll consult my physician and we'll go from there Embarrassed

Question For example, recently there was a Listeria Outbreak in parts of Canada in products of the Maple Leaf company. Would you ever buy the company's product again?  Yeah I am not that kind of a freak... I think these things happen every once in a while but that doesn't mean that you don't buy stuff from the same company ever again.  Once again when we get the green signal, I'll definitely buy stuff.. It's just like the bird flu you don't stop eating chicken after that forever...

Question  Do you think our food and drinks should be checked and cleaned more than what is being done?
I think they're checked pretty much carefully... I think there food and drugs administration already does more than enough here to take care of that.

-Mahi

-Nadii-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nadii-

Posted: 22 January 2009 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gk_09

Question What pre-cautions do you take against bacteria?
Always wash the vegetables before eating them.. I always make meat and salat different, as I heard someone say if u use the same knife u used to cut the meat, to cut salat without washing it then u get some bacteria. And after that Always wash my hand after using the toilet. As Mahi said we also get clean water her, as it gets cleand before it comes out to us..

Question What if a bacteria outbreak happened in your area, what would you do?
Hmm, good question.. I will first of all find out how and why it happend, and then try to be sure it does'nt happend in my house. and then I will try somehow keep them away from my houseLOL 

Question For example, recently there was a Listeria Outbreak in parts of Canada in products of the Maple Leaf company. Would you ever buy the company's product again?
hard to say yes, as I can't be sure that their products are clean now, but if I knew the place well and this was first time ever something like that happend then I would keep buying, but unknown place then better to stay away..Embarrassed

yah.. deff.. as most of the vegetables we get are sprayed with I don't know what.. and u can never be sure that what ever u eat is cleaned.. we always eat somekind if bacteria..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top