Raghu talks about Ashutosh's BB win

Posted: 15 years ago

Roadies creator Raghu talks about Ashutosh's Bigg Boss win

Ashutosh's mentor Raghu on his Bigg Boss win

When MTV Roadies 5.0 concluded and Ashutosh Kaushik was crowned the winner of the reality show, creative producer of the show A Raghu Ram declared, "Ashu might have won the show but he hasn't won my respect!" Now that Ashu has won his second reality show on the trot with Bigg Boss, we asked Roadies' main attraction if he'd changed his opinion of the boy from Harayana. Read on to see what he had to say...

What made you say Ashu didn't have your respect?
I said that about everyone on the show; especially about him and Nihal, the two finalists. The way they came up wasn't very convincing for me. That's why I came in the last episode and changed the teams around and this new season too is going to be tougher and more difficult of everyone coming through.

Do you think Ashu has some special quality that made him win his second reality show?
He is very smart and witty but at the same time the kind of innocence he has, was eventually very helpful for him to stay low and win both these shows. He's a very quick learner. I think the survival tricks he picked up from Roadies helped him. 

Did you give him any pointers before he went into the BB house?
I met him a few days before he went into the house and told him that the other people would all be attention- seeking freaks and they'd also be loud, so he should just stay low for the initial five weeks or so and he could go a long way. I didn't watch Bigg Boss regularly but used to get regular inputs from people around me about his progress in the house from his nomination to the fights and so on.

Would you say you had a hand in helping him win Bigg Boss?
It is natural for everyone to give me credit for Ashu's success. He was picked up from Roadies I produce the show so it is all bound to happen. But I would not like to think like that. You can give me credit indirectly but I think it has more to do with his luck than anything else.

Source: http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2008/nov/271108-Mtv-Rodies-Raghu-Ram-Ashutosh-Big-Boss.htm

raghu being critical abt ashu was just part of the show , in real sense he's got nothing to do with ashutosh , but then between the lines , u do get hint tht he is infact proud to be associated with him , as his so called godfather . its all destiny , no one does anything for anyone.
thanks for the article. raghu did not like ashutosh during the roadies show at all. he blasted him during the semifinals. ashu basically failed most tasks and even had a bike accident which left him injured in the foot. so he had to sit out of the remaining tasks. finally before the finals, though the prize money was 5 lacs, it was brought down to just 2 or so because the roadies didn't do their tasks properly and didn't earn enough money.

and in the final episode, one of ashu's tasks was to slap a girl called shambhavi. he had hated her through the show especially since she'd played games with ashu's friend on the show, nihal. he took it all out on her during the slap and everyone was shocked at the intensity with which he hit her across the face.

raghu and rannvijay, the host and vj, are part of an ngo that supports women who've been physically abused. they were furious with ashu for that for a long time. they then patched up with him after his father's demise.
Originally posted by tv addict

thanks for the article. raghu did not like ashutosh during the roadies show at all. he blasted him during the semifinals. ashu basically failed most tasks and even had a bike accident which left him injured in the foot. so he had to sit out of the remaining tasks. finally before the finals, though the prize money was 5 lacs, it was brought down to just 2 or so because the roadies didn't do their tasks properly and didn't earn enough money.

and in the final episode, one of ashu's tasks was to slap a girl called shambhavi. he had hated her through the show especially since she'd played games with ashu's friend on the show, nihal. he took it all out on her during the slap and everyone was shocked at the intensity with which he hit her across the face.

raghu and rannvijay, the host and vj, are part of an ngo that supports women who've been physically abused. they were furious with ashu for that for a long time. they then patched up with him after his father's demise.

Yeah I heard that too. Ashu couldn't do the difficult tasks but chose to do the task of slapping a girl so well that it left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. 🤢 ðŸ¤¢

i'm a roadies junkie mithi. never missed a single episode. i hated ashu in this year's season!
Originally posted by tv addict

then why the heck did they have a task where a guy can hit a girl? 🤢 wierdos!
Originally posted by MithiBani

Yeah I heard that too. Ashu couldn't do the difficult tasks but chose to do the task of slapping a girl so well that it left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. 🤢 ðŸ¤¢

main yahaan ek cheez kehna chahoonga ,

there were certain tasks which had to be performed else you'd be out of roadies ,
those were the one on one tasks ,
and he won both the times these tasks were held (once with a broken leg , though the task wasn't related to leg at all )

So , what i mean to say is , he was a big match player LOL
Originally posted by shehzaadi91

then why the heck did they have a task where a guy can hit a girl? 🤢 wierdos!
so true😆😆
ashutosh asal mein hi nikamma hai.. planning kar kar ke jeeta hai
the task wasn't that a guy had a to slap a girl. ashutosh and nihal, the two finalists had two teams of 4-5 people each. one of the tasks of each team was that someone had to volunteer to get slapped. the other tasks were kissing an iguana, shaving your head, piercing nipples, getting stripped and wearing just a newspaper and what not. so one girl in the team chose to get slapped coz she refused to do any of the other things. she thought it was the least risky option, but the slap nearly displaced her facial bones!!! everybody present was shocked at how hard ashu hit her. there was no need for all that pressure. the task wasn't about how HARD you had to slap someone. just slap someone, that's all. agree it was an idiotic task, but many tasks are that way on such shows.

also, ashu had refused to do some tasks during the show such as eating reptiles that were cooked...delicacies of thailand. he said he was a shakahari and it was against his religion so he refused to participate. that was a money task as to how many courses of different dishes (of reptiles!!) they could eat. the rest of the roadies were pissed off with him and said if you come on the show you have to be ready for anything.

so its not like he could not have refused to slap her. it was the final task and he knew he had a shot at winning and he didn't wanna let go of that chance.

and finally, he didn't win because he completed the slapping task. it was a tie between nihal and ashu since both teams completed all tasks. so the strategy was that one roadie became the deciding person on who would be the winner. it happened to be Sonel, Ashu's GF then. naturally she chose him. that's the ONLY reason he won.

in BB, the same thing happened, he won because of rahul and raja rooting for him, not on his own merit.
Edited by tv addict - 15 years ago