Page 2 Page 12

the_charm

IF-Veteran Member

the_charm

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 27 November 2008 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Hello!

It's time for another topic to discuss.

This is one of them most controversial and yet very simple topic.

Can a boy and a girl be best friends? I am not just saying friends but best friends. They share secrets with each other, care for each other, understand each other. It's believed that throughout their lifetime, one day or the other, they will fall for each other or the one will fall for the other.

• What are your views on it?
  • Can a boy and a girl be best friends forever?

L&F Dev Team

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MegaAngelzsmaybe-just

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can a boy and a girl be "BEST" friends?" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mrs.Brett Lee

IF-Rockerz

Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 27 November 2008 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Yes Dey can be best friendz..for sure..I have many best friendz of myn..and in my best friendz list the two of dem are guys and Mind you I have never liked dem as a crush ..Friendship is unconditional..If I hv made a guy my very good friend I generally dont fall for him..Though sumtyms it does happen tht crushes do becum ur gud friendz in future..but in my case wenever I and my crush becum good friendz I stop liking him..lol..I have a friend of myn who is a guy and I think we have a conference of three where we talking rubbish and share everything..including about our presonal live and we share our problems..our happiness and everything..So in my case it has come true without both of us liking each other..

Once so happened that I had a crush on one seniour..and he had added me on Orkut and den we started chatting with each other and haha it happens na..that sometimes u can share everythign wid the strangers n not friendz..so we used to chat a lot and den now we have become best of friendz..I hv even told him tht I used to like him before and we laff at it wenever we think about dose days earlier..

My views are that yes dey can be best of friendz but yeah ppl can mistake d friendship as love which sumtyms get on d nerves so I think some ppl shud stop nosing into d personal matter at tyms..I hv gone thru it many a times..so tht is y maybe i am removing my frustration out here..lolEmbarrassed..
All if fine for now..I have not ever fallen in love wid any of my best friend and yeah one of my best friend aldready had a girl friend who is also like my best friend so I can never even think abt liking my  best friend..

Nice topic btw..n ya i would love to see other ppl's opnion on dis topicSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

babii.girlSobtiObsessionAngel-likeDevil

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 28 November 2008 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
Of course they can! Infact, my bff is a boy. Ive known him all my life, since I was a couple months old. We grew up together, and share everything with one another.  Now there is nothing of THAT sort between us yet, but idk lets see...Wink

sweety90

sweety90

Posted: 29 November 2008 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
i think they can't be best friends forever. bcz i have a friend and his friend has best friend who was girl. they were very good best best friends. my friend used to praise about her a lot that his best friend is the great in all of his friend. he even never care about me that much like he care about his best friend but now she is kind of ignoring him and doesn't like to talk just bcz she dont want to. he didn't do anything wrong but she is not interested in him anymore. i use to think that my friend like his best friend as crush but now they are not even just friend s
like me and my friend are. im feeling very sorry for him. so i dont think a girl and boy can be best friends not important to transform friendship in relationship but they it can also become enemys.

Siddhi_

IF-Sizzlerz

Siddhi_

Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Yes. A boy and girl can be best friends forever! I have many best friends and one of them is a boy, but I have never liked him in that way! If girl and boy can be friends, then they can be best friends! The only time it bescomes a problem is when the girl/boy gets married. The husband/wife might not choose to like the fact that his/her husband/wife shares secrets with another man/woman! But if the husband/wife is an understanding person then the boy and girl can stay as best friends forever!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 01 December 2008 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Yes, I believe a boy and a girl can be best friends.  Although all of my best friends are girls but I have many boys that are friends.  I guess I have never had a best friend that's a boy because there are a lot of things that at least I am comfortable sharing with a girl than a boy.

But yeah they can definitely be friends.... because friendship doesn't say that the person's age should be this, or their gender should be that, or whatever. Friendship is just friendship... whoever clicks.. So it doesn't matter what the gender or any other factor is.

-Mahi

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 December 2008 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Why is it always assumed that a boy and girl who share a close friendship will fall for each other, or one for another; but two people of the same gender can be completely platonic for infinity.

But to answer the question. Yes any two people including guys and girls can be best friends forever. Think of all close relationships in life. You were not born loving your family. Sharing your life and spending time together has built an unbreakable family bond with grandparents, parents and siblings.

Friendship grows in a similar way. When you share your life and spend time with a best friend, you build an unbreakable bond of a lifetime and get closer as people. Everyone develops their friendship in a different way. Sometimes friends are family, we love them but not in a romantic way. Sometimes we love them as just friends, not romantic, not in a family way, just a friend. And yes there are times when we may start viewing them as a person we want to spend our life with. That feeling maybe reciprocated or not, but there is no reason why the friendship should cease. Some people even marry their best friends, but why can't a husband and wife still be BFF for life.

I think the problem is that we tend to label relationships. It has to be 'this' or 'that', it has to be 'friendship' or 'love'. Life is not black and white, but many shades of gray. The best thing to do is cherish the important people in our lives and stop worrying about where they fit in this labeling process.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

BilliCat.baz786Angel-likeDevilU-No-Poo

xXStarryNightXx

Groupbie

xXStarryNightXx

Posted: 11 December 2008 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
They can def. be best friends, but ppl start seeing them as girlfriend/boyfriend, as if something going between them...

I think it depends on everybody point of view, and how they view them...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top