Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 26 November 2008 at 11:16am | IP Logged
A/N: Urh, waiting for someone to tell me to shut up and stop writing. Until then, another one-shot.  Was in an angst-y mood and came up with something for Gehna.  Makes sense to me……but then again I have a weird thought process.

P.S. Veer makes an appearance here as well.  No idea who he is but I like the name :P

Hope.

Sunshine, laughter, the breeze in her hair.

Gehna rushed up towards the terrace, feet cool against the stone steps as she hurried to take down the washing before the rain drenched everything completely.

The company of her friends and the pani puri outside school.

She could hear Dadisa grumbling downstairs.

"Arre Beendhni, khana kaun pakayegha?"

Veer with his motorbike, standing at the gates.  Watching her as she opened his letter and blushed at the endearments.

"Meri Pyari Gehna…"

Basant glared at her, his fingers tightening on the newspaper as she faltered at the steps.  Adjusting her chunri so it fell across her forehead and lowering her eyes she hurried to the kitchen. 

It had been a week now since she had entered his bedroom.

Orange, Blue, Purple and Yellow.  The colours of holi, back when everything had seemed beautiful.

She caught sight of her distorted image in the pan.  Tired eyes, hollow cheeks, and the red sindoor like a gash across her head.

Her parents, her sister, her happiness.

Anandi came rushing in to the kitchen, delighted at the sound of her choodiyan tinkling against each other.

"Chothi taiji!  Dekho Jagdish mere liya kya lekar aya."

Gehna smiled, Anandi's infectious good nature sweeping away the darkness and throwing light in her life.  Had she ever looked so young and fervent?

Hope.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

HUSE6thElementCeruleanSky-aditi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SS: Hope" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--Pinky--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Pinky--

Posted: 26 November 2008 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Beautiful.  Loved reading it.

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 27 November 2008 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Oooooh.....I loved it EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

It was great how Gehna's present gloominess was interspersed with her flashbacks ...Clap

Loads o' love ,Shreya

-aditi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-aditi-

Posted: 28 November 2008 at 12:43am | IP Logged
no nimbu!!!!
no no noooooo!!!!!!!! No for noLOL because no one would ever want you stop turning up with suchhhEmbarrassed sooo beautifullyyyy writtenEmbarrassedloving this one as well!Tongue

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 28 November 2008 at 9:46am | IP Logged

Thanks Guys!Hug

But I feel the odd one out because no-one else writes anything on the forumConfused....Depressing because we ahd an FF competition and I know that we have wonderful writers here....soo; Someone write an FF!!

That is all.

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 29 November 2008 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nibbles

Thanks Guys!Hug

But I feel the odd one out because no-one else writes anything on the forumConfused....Depressing because we ahd an FF competition and I know that we have wonderful writers here....soo; Someone write an FF!!

That is all.

Aapki tamanna poori karne ki koshish karoongi Big smile

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 29 November 2008 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

^^Shocked

YAY!Big smile

Lipika agarwal

Groupbie

Lipika agarwal

Posted: 30 November 2008 at 4:33am | IP Logged