1 [7.69%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 20 November 2008 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
According to an article posted in Indiaglitz, it states that only six films have gone to become successful, when the number of films released during this year is ninety six. And only two films (Dasavatharam and Anjathe) are original and the others are remakes of other films. 'Santhosh Subramaniam' is a remake of the Telugu super hit 'Bommarillu'. 'Yaradi Nee Mohini' is the remake of another Telugu film 'Adhavari Matalaku Ardhale Verule', 'Saroja' is the Tamil version of the Hollywood film 'Judgment Night' (though the comic element of the film is original), 'Anjathe' a brilliant film but heavily inspired by Akira Kurosawa.

So which film do you think deserev to be the best film of 2008? And what do you think the reason behind this alarming news?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Carynkadhambari

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Best Film of 2008 - Successful Six" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 21 November 2008 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
Sri,
Subramaniyapuram is also original story. I will go for Subramaniyapuram and Anjathey - both of the movies proved no big stars is needed to tell a good story and the direction was brilliantThumbs Up

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 23 November 2008 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Urrrmm somehow im goin for santhosh subramaniam Wink I like the comedy there  ... and it was a family entertainer

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 23 November 2008 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
I am going for Anjathe.  I haven't seen a good thriller like this for a long time.  You would never believe this movie is original and not copied cat.  The style. acting, mannerisms, etc were simply superb.

Much to my delight, songs were few and there was no fight.  I liked the way the hero was potrayed, that he is human being first even though he is a police.  He did not comeout as flexing his muscles.  They showed how the police worked - with intelligence.  Every other movie with police I saw was corruption and less intelligence.  It makes me want to fume. 

There was less romance.  They did not 'overdo' it on rape scenes etc. It was surprising to watch Prasanna in a negative role.  I can go on and on about this movie but I will stop here and just give thumbs up. Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up  Btw,  I have watched this movie at least 4 times and I am still not bored.  ROFL

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 23 November 2008 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by netra_rama

Urrrmm somehow im goin for santhosh subramaniam Wink I like the comedy there  ... and it was a family entertainer

I liked SS too, but I did not like Genelia's keechal voice.  It was overdone. Dead

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 24 November 2008 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Caryn

Originally posted by netra_rama

I liked SS too, but I did not like Genelia's keechal voice.  It was overdone. Dead

I second u Caryn...Genelias dubbing was so horrible and annoyingDead

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 25 November 2008 at 5:00am | IP Logged
I third you all....Genelia's voice was just soo bad, enough to crack ur nerves down!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top