Little Leading Lady : Article

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 18 November 2008 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Little Leading Lady : Avika Gor

She sure knows about her stardom now and is confident of getting to where she wants to be ' the ramp. Avika Gor aka Anandi of Balika Vadhu not only exudes a great degree of confidence but also clarifies that juggling between shooting and studies is no tough task for her. "I love studying and acting in Balika Vadhu doesn't affect my studies. I study on the sets and when there is an exam, we take leave. In fact, both of us (co-actor Avinash Mukherjee, her on-screen husband Jagdish) are in the same standard and we study together," says the Std VI student. She visited Ahmedabad on a promotional tour on Saturday.

Born and brought up in Mumbai, this little Kutchi lady has already declared that her sole aim is to grab the Miss Universe crown. "I've told my mom-dad to do anything and garner all the information required for the same," says Avika with mischievous innocence. Ask her who is looks up to, and she's ready with the list: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sushmita Sen, Lara Dutta and Diana Hayden. "I like Aishwarya's style, the way she speaks. And Sushmita looks very sweet," are the analyses.

So how has all the attention and appreciation, pouring in for the much-loved beendni, changed Avika's life? "Some of my friends have turned more friendly now. Jo pehle kam baat karte the, ab jyada baat karte hain aur mere teachers bolte hain ki tu jyada roya mat kar, tu hamein bahot rulati hai." Quiz her on the mischiefs they must be indulging in, and Avika turns defensive: "It's not us, but director sir who plays pranks. Once we were shooting a scene, where I was crying. I kept crying and crying, and learnt later that he had signalled cut long back and I was not told of it!" she says.

Avika is an avid dancer and it was through one of her dance show clippings that got her the protagonist's role in Balika Vadhu on Colours. Did she know about child marriages before the serial happened? "Of course, I read in Std V about Raja Rammohan Roy opposing child marriages. But I had no idea that its still prevalent," she replies, and goes on to add: "But, it's wrong because it robs the children of their childhood and playful days."

She speaks of loyalty when she says that she only watches Colours channel, some serials and Bigg Boss too, apart from cartoon shows! Her schedule is well planned : 7-8 hours of shooting, studying, watching television, playing with her Barbie and parents and then bedtime. Although Avika has had no training in acting, the camera has never made her nervous and soon, she would be sharing screen space with Shahid Kapoor in the film Pathshaala. Avika mentions with utter delight how she enjoyed dancing with Kapoor. She would also be seen with veterans Anupam Kher and Sharmila Tagore in Morning Walk. Another star in the making...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article has been added to our 2008 Articles Archive....please check it out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Shubh_Aastha - 18 November 2008 at 5:13am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Little Leading Lady : Article" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top