Posted: 15 years ago

If the mood at the recent Yuvvraaj event was anything to go by, things between Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif seemed far from smooth. The entire star cast and important members of the crew were present at Subhash Ghai's Whistling Woods to celebrate the success of Yuvvraaj's music. AR Rahman, Gulzar, Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal, Zayed Khan, Anil Kapoor and Salman Khan sat alongside Subhash GhaiKatrina Kaif did little but smile and clap occasionally.
and patted each other's back on the success of the music. Through all this backslapping though,

Even as the three men kept laughing and recounting the good times they spent in Austria, Katrina stayed away (or perhaps was kept out) of the conversation. Finally at one point, she simply snatched the mike from Salman, slightly irritated, and quipped, "It's not like I was lonely. I too had a good time shooting the film."

Ghai requested Khan pose to a question to 'any three people sitting on the dais'. Salman picked Zayed, Anil and Ghai before leaving the mike back on the table, continuing to ignore Katrina.

Then he insisted that Salman accept the cello Katrina played in the film as a memento. To which the actress replied, "I'm not sure if it's a good idea." She was left with little option though as the musical instrument was brought upon the stage before you could say 'Katrina Kaif'. Here the cold vibes seemed more evident than ever as both Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif did everything they could to avoid a photo opportunity.

Ghai stepped in yet again and asked Salman to pose a question to Katrina. "Hi! Howz you?" he asked very matter-of-factly not even bothering for a response. "Main theek hoon, aap kaise ho?" Katrina replied in Hindi to which our man retorted right back, "Aur log kehte hai ki yeh (Hindi) bolti nahin hain (And they say she doesn't speak Hindi)!"

It was only recently at Katrina's birthday bash that Shah Rukh and Salman reportedly fell out. The actress is now said to be drifting towards the other Khan, with prospects there seeming brighter.

Chances are that the two may never work together in the future. But then again, it's not like we're talking of an immortal screen couple here. It's been seven years since we've last seen Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan together. And the world hasn't come to an end. So, why the long face, Mr Khan?

The cold vibes and snub seemed to hardly affect the pretty lady as she continued to smile and put up a brave face before the media. With rumours of the actress having bagged the next big Yash Raj venture, Salman Khan seems far too inconsequential in the larger picture now.

At one point, Salman lifted a bottle of water between the two of them but promptly kept it back, seemingly at Katrina's instance. This however was just the beginning of the cold war.

This was not all. At Subhash Ghai's instance, Salman was asked to present a painting to Katrina, which he did making no efforts to hide his discomfort and displeasure. It was left to the Showman to step in-between the two (literally) and reduce the palpable tension.

Rahman an otherwise reticent man actually asked for the mike again and congratulated Kishan Kumar of T-Series for successfully launching the album and making it a success.

Lyricist Gulzar, who has teamed up with Ghai for the very first time, also joined in the bonhomie and thanked the producer-director for giving him the opportunity to work with him. Gulzar's dry humour came through when responding to Anil Kapoor's request of directing him in a film. "All I need is a filmmaker and I'd love to direct you!" he suggested cheekily casting a sideways glance at Subhash Ghai.

The 59-year-old Kapoor taking the joke further, told Ghai to produce Gulzar's next so he could act in it and added, "We could sign up Salman so we can sell it to the distributors."

But Ghai, the astute businessman, responded just as irreverently, "Yeah right! And the film will be called Yeh Kabhi Nahi Ho Sakta (This can never happen)."

Zayed Khan seemed more than happy to just share the dais with 'Anil Sir' and 'Salman Bhai'. He came across as a bloke straight out of college eager to show off the smallest of his achievements. Zayed joked, laughed, complimented Katrina Kaif and didn't care less about anything.

In the midst of this, a real-life drama was unfolding between Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif. For most part the two maintained a distance, literally and there seemed more chemistry between Anil Kapoor and Salman Khan.

link

http://buzz18.in.com/slideshows/movies/sallu-gives-kat-a-royal-snub/97201/45751#slideshow

Edited by surkikhani - 15 years ago

this wat i hate about media folkz  they make crap story so they can sell their papers ... i watched the clip of this event and i didn't  see any of these things......... all can i say is  that plz leave them alone ..... they had enough of u media ppl ...

thanks for the article...
but everything seems to be fine!
LOL..the media will never give up.

It's all fine! There's probable nothing worng!
Definetly adding words for nothing...please katrinas future is not bright because of srk but because of her own hard work. I think her and salman get on really well. They are not babies or teenagers they need to be in your face...sticking some unposed pictures when they are looking around and not together does not suggest anything.
i dun care abt media's fake stories..btw salman n kat look really nice together n kat is looking amazin in her beautiful gown..soo pretty..
aww this media is too much😡
aww sallu looks so nice in the 2nd last pic... omg.. his look it so funny the way he looks at kat
Originally posted by Katrina82

this wat i hate about media folkz  they make crap story so they can sell their papers ... i watched the clip of this event and i didn't  see any of these things......... all can i say is  that plz leave them alone ..... they had enough of u media ppl ...

agree