Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Like my favorite books, my favorite authors are also too many to choose one. But I'll list a few.Tongue

1. First would have to be JANE AUSTEN, who was a pure genius for writing Pride and Prejudice and Northanger Abbey. I haven't read her other books (I'm on Emma eight now), but I definitely will! I absolutely love the mixture of wit and humor, along with the magic of Regency Romance in her novels. The guy I'd want to marry would definitely have to be like Mr. Darcy!Wink JANE AUSTEN RULES!

2. Then, JK ROWLING and LM MONTGOMERY tie for 2nd place, because I love the Harry Potter and Anne of Green Gables series equally. 
Need I explaing about JK Rowling?LOL She's also a sheer genius, and I have no clue whatsoever how she created her Harry Potter series! She's going to be the next Shakespeare she is, meaning everyone is going to have to read her books to pass High School in the future. Harry Potter is already a part of literature requirement in many schools, and in the future, it will become engraved in everyone's minds like Romeo and Juliet!Party GO JK ROWLING!Dancing
I will never know how LM Montgomery created one of literature's most beloved characters in Anne Shirley.Day Dreaming LM Montgomery lets us know through her beloved books that there is always a ray of hope in every critical moment of our lives, and we only have to find it. The realistic characters in her Anne of Green Gables series touch our hearts with every action of theirs, even despicable Josie Pie!LOL I LOVE LM MONTGOMERY!

Of course, after these three authors, my next favorites are....

1. Mary Higgins Clark for her "Queen of Suspense" novels which make us wish her books never ever end.
2. Carol Higgins Clark for her Regan Reilley mystery books which make us turn the pages, wondering how on Earth Regan will solve this mystery.
3. Carolyn Keene, who with her awesome Nancy Drew Novels first got me hooked onto mysteries.

And I love many many many more authors whose names I cannot remember at the moment out of the top of my head.Hug

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who's your favourite author? (Page 3)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

umrao_jaan

Goldie

umrao_jaan

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShadowKisses

Emily Bronte - Because her "Wuthering Heights" at the time it was written was rather unorthrodox. Her realistic portrayal of the human nature (no pun intended), her prose, her complex narrative structure and her narrative point of view are an absolute delight. Her passion is evident in the words she writes. I only wish Charlotte had not burned her other novel, out of jealousy or love. It would have been a treat.

So do I wish! Wuthering Heights is such a "dark" work-classic! It's hard to believe that a person who had lived such a sheltered life could write so.

umrao_jaan

Goldie

umrao_jaan

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by godisone

1. First would have to be JANE AUSTEN, who was a pure genius for writing Pride and Prejudice and Northanger Abbey. I haven't read her other books (I'm on Emma eight now), but I definitely will! I absolutely love the mixture of wit and humor, along with the magic of Regency Romance in her novels. The guy I'd want to marry would definitely have to be like Mr. Darcy!Wink JANE AUSTEN RULES!

Ahhh another Darcy fan!! I don't exactly love Jane Austen-but she's pretty ok. i find her characters-speciaaly men-a bit one sided with the exception of Darcy of course! What I like is her strong-woman complex and adore her female characters-specially Elinor and Fanny.

2. Then, JK ROWLING and LM MONTGOMERY tie for 2nd place, because I love the Harry Potter and Anne of Green Gables series equally. 
Need I explaing about JK Rowling?LOL She's also a sheer genius, and I have no clue whatsoever how she created her Harry Potter series! She's going to be the next Shakespeare she is, meaning everyone is going to have to read her books to pass High School in the future. Harry Potter is already a part of literature requirement in many schools, and in the future, it will become engraved in everyone's minds like Romeo and Juliet!Party GO JK ROWLING!Dancing

Wow!!! A pretty dramatic statement-but yes, JK's history! Her books are so very readable and memorable!

I will never know how LM Montgomery created one of literature's most beloved characters in Anne Shirley.Day Dreaming LM Montgomery lets us know through her beloved books that there is always a ray of hope in every critical moment of our lives, and we only have to find it. The realistic characters in her Anne of Green Gables series touch our hearts with every action of theirs, even despicable Josie Pie!LOL I LOVE LM MONTGOMERY!
 Like JA, I find LMMs male characters a bit one sided. I like Anne-but don't care much for Emily. The greatest pity is that there are no sequels for my favourite:Jane of Lantern Hill and Magic for Marigold.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by umrao_jaan

Ahhh another Darcy fan!! I don't exactly love Jane Austen-but she's pretty ok. i find her characters-speciaaly men-a bit one sided with the exception of Darcy of course! What I like is her strong-woman complex and adore her female characters-specially Elinor and Fanny.

Wow!!! A pretty dramatic statement-but yes, JK's history! Her books are so very readable and memorable!

Like JA, I find LMMs male characters a bit one sided. I like Anne-but don't care much for Emily. The greatest pity is that there are no sequels for my favourite:Jane of Lantern Hill and Magic for Marigold.

Yay!!!!!Star I'm sooo glad you're a Darcy Fan, and also an Anne Fan. I've never read Sense and Sensibility or Mansfield Park, so I don't know much about Fanny or Elinor, but my fav female character of Austen's is Jane Bennet and then Elizabeth. I also love Catherine Morland though I find her a bit too naive at times.
Yup, JK's history!
I've never read Jane of Lantern Hill or Magic for Marigold. What're they about?Smile

xXdEejAyXx

IF-Rockerz

xXdEejAyXx

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 7:38am | IP Logged
for me its agatha christie...............her thriller novels r just too good

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
must we forget Stephen King?

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 11 January 2009 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
James Oliver Rigney, Jr, a literary genius whose forte was the ability to build intricate story webs. Absolutely admire and respect his scope for complexity, and the wide range of genre he was able to explore under the fantasy heading.

shala-deepz

IF-Rockerz

shala-deepz

Posted: 14 March 2009 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
BLACKMAN MALORIE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top