Like my favorite books, my favorite authors are also too many to choose one. But I'll list a few.
1. First would have to be JANE AUSTEN
, who was a pure genius for writing Pride and Prejudice
and Northanger Abbey
. I haven't read her other books (I'm on Emma
eight now), but I definitely will! I absolutely love the mixture of wit and humor, along with the magic of Regency Romance in her novels. The guy I'd want to marry would definitely have to be like Mr. Darcy! JANE AUSTEN RULES!
2. Then, JK ROWLING and LM MONTGOMERY tie for 2nd place, because I love the Harry Potter and Anne of Green Gables series equally.
Need I explaing about JK Rowling?
She's also a sheer genius, and I have no clue
whatsoever how she created her Harry Potter
series! She's going to be the next Shakespeare she is, meaning everyone is going to have to
read her books to pass High School in the future. Harry Potter is already
a part of literature requirement in many schools, and in the future, it will become engraved
in everyone's minds like Romeo and Juliet! GO JK ROWLING!
I will never know how LM Montgomery created one of literature's most beloved characters in Anne Shirley.
LM Montgomery lets us know through her beloved books that there is always a ray of hope in every critical moment of our lives, and we only have to find it. The realistic characters in her Anne of Green Gables
series touch our hearts with every action of theirs, even despicable Josie Pie! I LOVE LM MONTGOMERY!
Of course, after these three authors, my next favorites are....
1. Mary Higgins Clark for her "Queen of Suspense" novels which make us wish her books never ever end.
2. Carol Higgins Clark for her Regan Reilley mystery books which make us turn the pages, wondering how on Earth Regan will solve this mystery.
3. Carolyn Keene, who with her awesome Nancy Drew Novels first got me hooked onto mysteries.
And I love many many many
more authors whose names I cannot remember at the moment out of the top of my head.