Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 21 November 2008 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
Megan Mccafferty. Her writing style is so jagged and thought provoking and HILARIOUS.

Edited by suuunshiine - 21 November 2008 at 8:20pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who's your favourite author? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 24 November 2008 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Milan Kundera!

Read his books - Ignorance, Incredible lightness of being and a few others and absolutely love his writing style! It flows with an ease and seems simple and yet is so deep!

Will edit later in the day - have a lot more to say, about this author, who introduced me to a new style of writing altogether!

Edited by sareeta - 25 November 2008 at 4:32am

mz.jess

IF-Sizzlerz

mz.jess

Posted: 25 December 2008 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
I adore Eric Walter books like "Camp X" & "We all fall down".

umrao_jaan

Goldie

umrao_jaan

Posted: 26 December 2008 at 12:58am | IP Logged
And my vote goes TO:

Sydney Sheldon-Come along, isn't there any one single SS fan? I LOVE SS! Why? For the simple reason of being a total page turner! I can never keep a book down. The twists and turns, character developements and endings are stunning! Plus another thing that specially draws me towards his books are the portrayal of feminine characters-courageous, intelligent and beautiful. Quite inspirational!!! The Best Laid Plans and Other side of Midnight are my favourites.

J.k.Rowling-I absolutely ADORE JK! Her books are quirky, un-putdownable AND amazing! She has the rare talent of making fantasy both readable AND mysterious! My favourite is POA and Half Blood Prince. 

James Hadley Chase-The story from the criminal's POV-quite delicious! There's not one solitary moment-though no great serious novels-a really fine source of entertaintment!

Agatha Christie-Hiii Chiilt I absolutely share your love! But fact is, I've got used to Agatha Christie, that I usually get an inkling of the culprit! Absolutely adore Sad Cypress!

Meg Cabot-She's absolutely readable! I've only read Princess Diaries-and i don't exactly care much for Mia BUT I love her WRITINGSS! Talk about readability!!!

Frederick Forsyth-Heady stuff-but great reading when you get into the plot! Loved The Day of the Jackal and The Veteran. Find the spy bits boring, but as a whole-shape!

I've not read The Kite Runners-but from you guys raving comments, i'm determined to CHECK it out the next time I go book-shopping!

jollygl

jollygl

Posted: 06 January 2009 at 9:00am | IP Logged
nora roberts

Lost_Soul141

IF-Rockerz

Lost_Soul141

Posted: 07 January 2009 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
i would say jk rowling obviousli but since readin the twilight books i also love stephanie meyer!
others i lyk are kathy reichs, nora roberts,dan brown and also garth nix his abhorsen trilogy i could read a thousand times!

Edited by angeleyes141 - 07 January 2009 at 2:15pm

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 07 January 2009 at 9:24pm | IP Logged

Mine would have to be JK Rowling, because Harry Potter is my absolute favorite!!

But I also love Anthony Horowitz for his Alex Rider series...

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 08 January 2009 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
I have quite a few favourites:

Emily Bronte - Because her "Wuthering Heights" at the time it was written was rather unorthrodox. Her realistic portrayal of the human nature (no pun intended), her prose, her complex narrative structure and her narrative point of view are an absolute delight. Her passion is evident in the words she writes. I only wish Charlotte had not burned her other novel, out of jealousy or love. It would have been a treat.

Jane Austen - Her biting sarcasm in her political and social commentaries never fails to amuse me. Most of her works are pure jems. Her realism is absolutely fantastic. The irony within her writing always manages to engage me. I've read Pride and Prejudice, along with Emma more times than I care to count.

Fyodor Dostoevsky: Anything by him is a complete masterpiece. Although the length can seem daunting, none of his books or short stories, for that matter, are boring. They are insightful while providing a thorough dose of realism. His characters are extremely realistic.

Vladimir Nabokov - Despite the unconventional story, "Lolita" was a masterpiece. His style of writing is exceptionally appealing and it's a shame people refuse to pick up Lolita because of the implicit scenes of sexuality in it. It's far more complex than a pedophile having a mid-life crisis.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Post Reply New Post

Go to top