Hey ppl,

I am in a dilemma.. To those who have read any of

"My sister's keeper" By Jodie picoult
"A great and terrible beauty" by Libba Bray
"sophie's world" by Jostein Gaarder
"the Runaway jury" By John grisham

What are your personal opinions regarding them and
Which one should i start with???

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Which one to choose" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 11:27am | IP Logged
I've read "sophie's world" by Jostein Gaarder  & "the Runaway jury" By John grisham. Spohie's World and its quite an emotional book, while Runaway Jury is a thriller. If you wanna enjoy a fast paced read , Runaway jury is the one, and if you want a nice emotionally gripping read - Spohie's World. It was amongst the must read lists when it was out and I remember I enjoyed the book immensely!!!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 16 November 2008 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
I haven't read the other three but I have bought "My sister's keeper" By Jodie picoult and after I finish "The Kite Runner" I'll be reading it so we can read it together!

But I now, Sareeta, I have to go buy Sophie's world... I like your review.

-Mahi

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 17 November 2008 at 1:39am | IP Logged
^^ And Mahi, based on your review and recommendation, I've picked up "My Sister's Keeper " and "Beneath My Mother's feet " as well!! Smile

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 17 November 2008 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Oh great, Sareeta, then we should read "My Sister's Keeper" together... I keep saying to everyone because I love it when someone else is reading the same book as me so we can talk about it at lengths.. You know it's fresh in your mind and that's when we can have the best discussions Embarrassed

I think I like "Beneath My Mother's Feet" because I have been introduced to that culture and I know that that really does happen... I was actually expecting a tragic end but to my surprise the end was pretty uplifting and full of hope - another reason why I like the book.

-Mahi

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 17 November 2008 at 8:13am | IP Logged
^^ Sure Mahi. Which one do you wanna start with first??!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 17 November 2008 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareeta

Are you reading anything now? Because I have to finish "The Kite Runner" which shouldn't take more than 2 days because I have exams... Then we can start "My Sister's Keeper".

-Mahi

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 17 November 2008 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Originally posted by sareeta

Are you reading anything now? Because I have to finish "The Kite Runner" which shouldn't take more than 2 days because I have exams... Then we can start "My Sister's Keeper".

-Mahi

Sure. I would need time till weekend though to begin with my sister's keeper , since I am caught up at work with hectic deadlines!! I hope that is okay! :-) I've never done this before , but I am sure its going to be fun! :-)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top