Articles Archive (Page 67)

Post Reply New Post

Page 67 of 74

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:00pm | IP Logged

Ive been adventurous all my life 

TV actor Smita Bansal on conquering fear and her journey in tellytown in an interview with AT 

Kruti Lakhlani 

The first thing one notices about her is her sparkling white teeth and a broad smile.Shows like Amanat,Aashirwad,Sarhadein and now Balika Vadhu earned her brownie points as an actress who is loved by the tellyviewer today.Meet an ever smiling Smita Bansal who made a good impact on the audience as Anandis saas in the show Balika Vadhu.An all perked up Smita confesses that she was not confident of her smile initially.I used to feel conscious about my smile.Surprisingly,people appreciated my smile on television. On her acting career,the actress says,I was seventeen when I started acting.I took up acting as I hated studies and only acting could be an apt excuse from studying more. The actress considers acting as her most cherished possession.Acting has become my life now.Television has given me name,fame,love and everything I have today.I will continue to act till the last minute of my life, says Smita.The actress who won many accolades for her role in Balika Vadhu admits that the journey in tellyland was not easy and her success story had its own share of struggles too.Nothing was offered to me on a platter.I had to work really hard to achieve a name in the industry.Awards are token of appreciation from the viewer as well as the industry.It always feels great to get appreciation for something you have put your life into.Thank God,I am no more just a girl with a nice smile! 
Quiz her about playing only positive characters and pat comes the reply,It is a sheer coincidence that so far I have been offered only positive roles.Given a chance I would love to play negative roles, says this Jaipur girl who will be seen in Khatron Ke Khiladi-4 Torchaar on Colors.
Ask her if she is adventurous by nature,she says,Iam a risk taker.I have taken many adventurous decisions in real life,be it selecting acting as career against my familys wishes or deciding to marry a man just after dating him for seven days.But I had never thought of indulging in daredevilry things! Talking about the experience she says,It was the most thrilling experience filled with fear and anxiety.I had deep water phobia and the water stunts were the scariest part for me.But I am glad I did KKK4 as I have conquered my fears to some extent. 
So,does Smita find the competition getting fierce with many new comers entering the industry Bacche aayenge toh bhi maa baap toh rahenge hi na If you know your strength and weaknesses and if you are an established and grounded actor nothing should bother you, she says confidently.So does she connect with the characters she plays Coming from Rajasthan,I believe in Indian tradition and values.I am easy going and accept what comes to me happily, says the actor signing off.

Smita Bansal 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Edited by Armu4eva - 31 May 2011 at 7:00pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ammoos

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles Archive (Page 67)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 9:25am | IP Logged

Daadisa: played by Surekha Sikri in Balika Vadhu

Last updated on: May 30, 2011 17:04 IST
Surekha Sikri in Balika Vadhu
Prev     Next

Daadisa is the ultimate character and is beautifully played by Surekha Sikri. You cannot imagine anyone else but Surekhaji doing this role. You get to learn so much just by watching her perform. 

She comes across as unforgiving at times but that's the way the character is supposed to be. She is orthodox yet loving.  She behaves according to circumstances.

Image: Surekha Sikri in Balika Vadhu

Sumithra: played by Smita Bansal in Balika Vadhu

Last updated on: May 30, 2011 17:04 IST
Smita Bansal in Balika Vadhu
Prev     More

Sumithra becomes a mother to her daughter-in-law (Anandi) in the truest sense. At times we get the feeling that she has given more love to her daughter-in-law than her own children. She has done her duties very well as a mother-in-law.

Image: Smita Bansal in Balika Vadhu

Edited by Armu4eva - 01 June 2011 at 9:25am

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Jagya-Gauri get married; Kalyani suffers a heart attack

The news of Jagya-Gauri marriage comes as a big shocker for Maasa in Colors' Balika Vadhu..

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

Is small-screen small minded about women?

• June 4, 2011 
  • By Priyanka Kelkar
Is small-screen small minded about women?

When saas bahu dramas made their debut on television all those years ago, media-watchers cried themselves hoarse about the regressive nature of these shows. Over the years, the portrayal of women on the little screen has undergone a sea change but continues to draw flak for being offensive. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) recently sent a notice to UTV Bindass for its show Meri Toh Lag Gayi … Naukri, on allegations that its content is brash and aggressive. This is not the first time the channel has received such a notice; its earlier run-ins with the ministry were over shows like Love Lock Up, Emotional Atyachar and Dadagiri.

While Emotional Atyachar has women agents who are shown getting down and dirty with prospective cheats, Love Lock Up ran into trouble most notably for an episode involving Aryan Vaid and his wife engaging in fisticuffs. Dadagiri, like reality shows MTV Roadies and Bigg Boss, was pulled up for offensive language and behaviour.

So, have women on the small screen veered away from one form of negative portrayal, only to be slotted into another? Prachi Shah, who has been in shows like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, says that all TV channels tend to follow a certain trend. "The problem is that once a format becomes popular, it will be repeated across channels. At one point, it was saas bahu soaps; then it was shows based out of Rajasthan. Now it's the turn of reality shows. In all honesty though, we actors have no control over the content. It's the producer and the channels that decide," she says.

Shaurya Chauhan, who played the goddess in Dadagiri, agrees that actors have little control over content. "I am a professional and I do what I get paid to do," she says. "A lot of people may find the content and the language offensive but I never used any abusive language myself. I also made it clear from the start that I was not just some hot chick who was going to wear skimpy clothes. My job was to push people to their limits," she asserts.

While it is true that there is a me-too trend, Sony Entertainment Television prides itself on originality. "We have internal guidelines in place, which ensure that our female protagonists are different from the ones you see on other channels," says Ajay Bhalwankar, programming head for Sony. "Be it Kkusum, Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, Ladies Special or Krishnaben Khakrawala, we've always tried to portray progressive women characters. I don't think there has been a recent shift in trends in this regard."

Prachi, however, points out that the trend may not necessarily be a good one. "With the family dramas, the audience at least saw a growth in characters. Balika Vadhu, for instance, had a strong social message. But with reality shows, there is nothing," she says. "There are good talent hunt shows and something like a Fear Factor or Khatron Ke Khiladi also hones your sense of adventure. But what are we learning from them?" she asks.

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Daily show Balika Vadhu finally regained its position as the most viewed show in TV during the week of May 22 to 28.

According to TAM Peoplemeter System results the show got a viewers' rating of 4.91 percent whereas the show Saath Nibhana Saathiya came second with a TVR of 4.79 percent.

The show's current plot is said to have worked in favor of the show. Balika Vadhu left behind shows like Pavitra Rishta and Uttaran which got ratings of 4.78 and 4.46 respectively.

The TRP battle is getting more fierce with producers of the shows including twists and turns to get more eyeballs. With the IPL4 having recently concluded TV shows have much scope to better their TRPs.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Balika-Vadhu-regains-its-top-position/articleshow/8713485.cms

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Will Jagya's deception drive Gauri away from him?

Jagya and Gauri's love story seems to be heading towards troubled waters.

When Gauri finds out that his family doesn't approve of her relation with Jagya she decides to embark on a journey to win the heart and the support of Jagya's family. Jagya, who is guilty of hiding his marital status from Gauri writes a note to Gauri, which she doesn't read.

When Gauri reaches Jagya's haveli and her mind travels back to the past… memories from her childhood give her a feeling of deja vu. A
shocking memory strikes her mind as soon as shesees Dadisa. She realises that she was already married to Jagya and that she is
Jagya's second wife. When she first looks at Anandi's picture, she realizes that Jagya is already married to Anandi and that he had lied
to her all this while. When asked about this shocking development in Gauri's life, Anjum Farooki comments, "This indeed will be a huge shock for Gauri, realizing that she is the second wife to a man she is in love with!

All this while she was kept in the dark and all her hopes, aspirations just come crashing down."In this heart-wrenching episode, Gauri's
pain takes the form of loud cries and howls and she screams, "Itna bada jhooth, itna bada dhoka," she ends her phone call with Jagya when he tries to call her with a vow to never forgive Jagya for what he has
done.

Does this mean Jagya has lost Gauri forever? Will love never enter their lives again? Only time will tell how Gauri will cope after having discovered this 'truth' that is nothing but a big blow to her love and trust in Jagya.

Don't forget to watch the Balika Vadhu's Maha episode this Saturday at 8 pm only on Colors.

Edited by Armu4eva - 04 June 2011 at 1:22am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 3:02am | IP Logged
TV retains trend of memory loss
Indian channels have increased, channels scrambling for TRPs, the cat and mouse race is full on. Yet the small screen industry is still harping on the same trend to attract viewers. But why not, the audience still loves it and it touches an emotional cord. In case you have a bout of amnesia, let's refresh your memory.
Showing 5 of 5 images Previous    Next
Ballika Vadhu
Ballika Vadhu: Colors' Ballika Vadhu which was so popular because of its layered concepts has to finally follows the memory loss plot where Anandi (Avika Gor) forgets everything after she is shot in the head while saving Jagya. But later she regains her memory.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ammoosnami2811

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 06 June 2011 at 12:49pm | IP Logged

The leapside story of telly shows

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Jun 7, 2011, 12.00am IST

Move over dramatic twists and turns in storylines on television shows. It's time to say 'cut' and there is a time leap wherein young characters grey within a week or even a day's time. 

And the funda of introducing time leaps in shows seems to be working numbers so far as grabbing attention is concerned. What's interesting is that while the time span of the leaps vary from 'short' (one-seven years) to the usual generation leaps (15-20 years), the purpose of introducing the leap, however, remains the same — to break the monotony in the plot, by roping in new characters and newer twists and turns. 

If the story demands a leap, it gets reflected in the forthcoming episodes feel many. Producer and writer Raakesh Paswan of Baba Aiso Var Dhundho says, "Leaps are a natural progression to take the story further and make it more interesting. Audiences mostly enjoy the drama and elements which come post the leap. The reason for a leap may vary depending on the show and the creative team. Nevertheless, the story has to hold the interest of viewers." 

On why is it important to include leaps in shows, writer Purnendu Shekhar of Balika Vadhu says, "Leaps are important for a story to continue. If we are taking about soaps with longer shelf lives, then introducing leaps becomes imperative to keep the storyline fresh and crisp. Moreover, short leaps can happen only if one has a subplot which fits well into the story. In the past longer leaps were used in shows to introduce the next generation allowing the show to look younger." 

For actors who are part of show undergoing such transformation, is it difficult to mould oneself into an older character? Actor Muskan James, lead of Mata Ki Chowki says, "It's a different feeling playing a mother of girls who are five years elder to me in real life. But playing a mother when one is 22 is not that easy. If the audience is able to relate me to the character I play, that's fine with me. Personally, I don't feel a leap is important, what matters is a strong storyline." 

Actor Manasi Parekh Gohil is also comfortable doing her role post leap. "The eight year leap has added a freshness and a new look to the show I am doing. My character in Gulaal has matured now. It is certainly a breather because after a certain point, the audiences don't like the stories to be stretched out," says Manasi.

On the other hand, there aren't many actors who are willing to be a part of the show post leap. Actor Natasha Sharma from Naa Aana Is Des Laado quit the show because of a leap track. "I wanted to stay in the show till the end as it began with me, but I wasn't comfortable being a part of the show post leap as I had to be a mother of two girls who were almost my age in real life. In films it is fine but in shows once you have played a mother no one offers younger roles. Having a leap is the creative team's decision but it doesn't favour a young actor's career," says Natasha. 

As long as the viewer gets to see fresh faces and interesting plots unravel through the leaps, shows will have a good time experimenting with content with the creative team doing more brainstorming for that cut apart content. 

Leap Forward 
Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani — 1 year leap 
Mata Ki Chowki —18 year leap 
Choti Bahu — 20 year leap 
Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli —1 year leap 
Gulaal — 8 year leap 
Balika Vadhu — 4 year leap 
Na Aana Is Des Laado — 20 year leap 
Baba Aiso Var Dhundho — 7 year leap 
Phulwa, Pavitra Rishta and Chandragupta Maurya plan leaps soon

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

desisangelSerial-Addict-Swetha-