Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 74

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Farida Jalal in 'Balika Vadhu'!!
[26 Mar 2009]
Farida Jalal, the veteran actress of bollywood and television, is all set to enter Colors' popular show 'Balika Vadhu'.

Farida Jalal will enter the show as Jiji (elder sister) of Kalyani masaa (Surekha Sekri). Farida's character will add new dimension to Surekha's role and will take the storyline forward.

Kalyani masaa's softer side will be revealed to the viewers for the first time through Farida Jalal, when the two sisters will be re-living their childhood like little girls. Farida's character will also be reprimanding Kalyani for her haughtiness

After a long time Farida Jalal will be seen on television. Explaining her reasons, the veteran actress says, 'Yes, it has been a long break for nearly two years after Shararat went off air, but I always tell people, who come with offers that it is very easy to tempt me to work. All I need is a good script and a good character. By God's grace I have no dearth of offers, but at my stage I have to think twice before agreeing to do anything. So, I certainly take time before saying yes to anything.'

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/200903263823/showtime/tv-news/farida-jalal-in-%91balika-vadhu%92.html

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles Archive (Page 5)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Farida Jalal's back on TV

After playing a comic naani in Shararat (Star Plus), Farida Jalal is back to the small screen with a very challenging and different role. She is seen playing 'Badi Jiji sa' in Balika Vadhu (Colors). The delighted badi jiji sa spoke to us about her comeback.

"I am playing Kalyani's elder sister. She stays in a city and so her thinking is very different from that of Kalyani. She is practical about things and will try to pass on some advice to her sister. She has come to bring in relief and happiness to the tense environment. Kalyani will also listen to her because she is elder to her, she will bring a change in her frigidness too," reveals Farida.
Excited about her comeback, she tells us, "Balika is a very good show, it gives its viewers a social message and there are many other plus points too. There was no reason to say no to this offer. I've comeback for a positive cause and my character is very strong. Most importantly, they have signed me for a cameo. It is a very challenging comeback for me and I hope viewers love it."

It has been a while now since the veteran actress started shooting. She tells us about her experience, saying, "I will bring about changes in Sughna's life. I will ease her life to an extent. I've shot for many sequences with her."

Even before she started shooting, the Farida followed the show regularly. She says, "One good thing about Balika Vadhu is that there are many repeats in a day. Even if you miss the evening telecast, you can catch up with it other time. I used to follow it quite regularly."

She has already worked with Surekha Sikri earlier and she is very happy to work with her again. She says, "We played sisters only in Shyam Benegal's Mummo in 1974. I admire her as an actress and respect her personally too. She's a great lady and it's really nice to work together after so many years."

Talking about the similarity between herself and her character, she says, "Yes, I am very much like my character in real life too. I too take a stand against anything I don't agree with."

On her role not being a full-fledged one, the actress says, "I know that physically, it's not possible for me to do a daily at this age. This role will only be for about two months and this is the reason I took up the offer. At this age, this much hard work is not possible! If the responses are good and I am asked by the channel to continue, then I might agree. The character is very exciting."

Farida Jalal entered the show on Thursday. Balika Vadhu airs from Monday to Thursday at 8pm on Colors.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090331_149

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 08 April 2009 at 4:44am | IP Logged

Vibha Anand, the spirit in Shree...

It is finally Vibha Anand of Balika Vadhu fame who bags the coveted role of the spirit Kangana in Zee's Shree..

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 08 April 2009 at 4:59am | IP Logged
Balika's Sughna to play Shree's Kangna

After hunting for a proper face who can portray role of the spirit in Shree (ZEE, Monday to Thursday at 10.30PM) the channel has finally settled on Vibha Anand who is presently seen playing the innocent Sughna in Balika Vadhu (Colors).

ACCORDING to a source, "She will be playing Kangna's role. She came in for the auditions recently and we have finalized that she is doing it."
But interestingly Vibha continues to strongly deny the news. "I was just approached for it in December but I didn't give any auditions. And after that I haven't been in touch with them as I have been too busy with Balika."

But the source tells us that very soon the channel will be announcing Anand's entry. "Many people were approached for the role. The channel initially wanted a new face but then towards the end the two names who were in the running were Vibha Anand who plays Sughna in Balika Vadhu and Ketkie J who portrayed the role of Nandini in Jasuben Jayantilal Joshi ki Joint Family."

"Yes the production had approached me and they even loved my look in the test. I trust JD bhai because I know that he knew that I suited the role but he was waiting for Zee's decision and so I was told to wait. But Zee recommended Vibha.. So I knew what was happening and now if Vibha is doing it I have no issues about that. I know Hats-off trust me, if not this then something better," says Ketkie.

The promos showing Kangna's entry are already on air. "Kangna's entry was supposed to be shown long back but since the face was not decided it was stalled. Currently the person portraying Kangna is actually a junior artist!" says the source.

Vibha Anand is expected to begin shooting for Shree soon.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090408_37

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:34pm | IP Logged

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 11 April 2009 at 9:50pm | IP Logged

Avika maintaining balance between work and studies

Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 9:36 [IST]

Avika Gor
The exams fever has started having its effects on the students. Especially the pressure of exams must be even greater for the students who are also acting in daily soaps. But our sweet Avika Gor aka Anandi from Balika Vadhu fame seems to be comfortable with the situation.

"My exams are starting from 30th of March. I will take a leave from the serial from 26th of March. But even now I carry my books to the sets and study whenever I am not in the shot. I have always successfully managed both work and studies," speaks Avika Gor. Avika further adds that her on-screen husband Jagya not only helps her with studies in the serial but also in real life, "Avinash Mukherjee is also helping me in my exams preparations. He too brings the school books at the sets and we study together."

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 11 April 2009 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
The story of the hit show Balika Vadhu was actually written in1992.

This is something BT discovered while speaking to writer Purnendru. Purnendru, whose growing-up years were spent in Rajasthan, was witness to many such cases happening around him. He had seen how kids were forced or tricked into early marriages and the pain that followed thereafter. "It's really sad to see how these kids are ripped off their childhood, education, etc and are pushed into serious family responsibilities.

For a long time, I wanted to do something about it. So I penned this down, and this was way back in 1992. Initially I wrote it as a film story. But then, at that time, I wasn't really working as a writer and it never occured to me to approach producers and push it forward." He reveals how one of his friends Vinod Sharma approached him for this story as he wanted to make it into a serial for Doordarshan, but that didn't really materialise. But Purnendru joined Sunjoy Wadhwa and they made Saat Phere. A couple of years ago the friends got together for Ballika Vadhu, which today has become one of the top shows on TV. The two friends have big plans ahead. Way to go Purnendru and Sunjoy.

[Purnendu Shekhar and Sunjoy Wadhwa are the writer and producer of BV respectively ]

Source : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Balika-Vadhu-script-was-written-in-1992/articleshow/4370093.cms

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 11 April 2009 at 9:51pm | IP Logged

She has played mother to the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Akshay Kumar in Hindi films, but veteran actress Farida Jalal has now returned to the small screen with Balika Vadhu. She says a lack of good roles for women her age in Bollywood led her to turn to television.

"Female character actors of my age are mostly slotted in the same type of role without much variation. I wanted to do all kinds of roles. That is why whenever TV producers offer me variety, I take it up," Farida told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

"I have done the creme of films. But still I feel that writers don't do justice as far as a mother's role in a film is concerned. My male counterparts have so much to do but not me," she said.

The actress nevertheless maintains that films will remain her "first love".

"In films, we usually have the same type of roles which we keep doing and television gives more scope to character actors like me. But still celluloid is my first love and will always be," she said.

Farida, 60, started her career as a child artiste with the 1960 hit Chaudhvin Ka Chand and later featured in Raj Kapoor's Bobby. Although the seasoned actress played second fiddle to top heroines in most of her films, she was paired with Rajesh Khanna in Aradhana.

In the last several years, she featured in character roles in movies like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai, Dil To Pagal Hai and Raja Hindustani, among others.

The actress started her small screen stint with Dekh Bhai Dekh and was later seen in Shararat as well.

Talking about Balika Vadhu, she said: "I decided to take up the soap because it's the best show according to me. Before entering I too used to watch it myself and was an ardent follower of it."

She plays Surekha Sikri's elder sister in the serial that focuses on the evils of child marriage.

"I'm returning to television after a long break and this role offers me the perfect platform for my comeback. The role of 'Badi Jiji' (elder sister) is a completely new experience for me as it is quite different from all the roles I have enacted till date. The role is challenging and instrumental to the storyline," Farida said.

"It is great working with the team of the show. I have known Surekhaji (who plays the grandmother) from before. We had done Shyam Benegal's film 'Mammo' together. I have great respect for her and I admire her greatly. All the actors suit their characters completely," she added.

"At the moment my role is a cameo, which will go on for the next two-three months. Developing the character further or increasing the length of the role to suit the show is the channel's prerogative," Farida said.

Known for her subtle and endearing portrayals, Farida feels that television shows were much better earlier as far as content goes.

"The time when I had entered television was far better than now. It was a better period for television in terms of content. The shows were different and had substance. Today there are a few shows like that but not the majority," the actress said.

She added: "Today, in most serials there are so many characters just standing in one line. I don't want to do a role like that where there is not much for me to do. I don't want to be a part of that line."

Asked about future projects, Farida said that working on a daily soap leaves hardly any time to do anything else.

Source : http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?sectionName=HomePage&id=0709f56d-4f2c-4e7c-9e4a-71083ee3412a&Headline=Men+my+age+get+better+roles%3a+Farida+Jalal

Post Reply New Post

Go to top