Page 3 of 74

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 30 January 2009 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Satyajeet is happy to be back with Balaji :
 http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1118101

[Originally posted in the forum by pinkykhan ]

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles Archive (Page 3)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 30 January 2009 at 3:02am | IP Logged

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 30 January 2009 at 3:11am | IP Logged

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 6:28am | IP Logged
I love the attention : Satyajit Sharma

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1121613

Edited by Shubh_Aastha - 04 February 2009 at 6:29am

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 04 February 2009 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Dadi-saa discloses her fitness secrets

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1121615

ruchirarocks

ruchirarocks

Posted: 13 February 2009 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Thank u so much for posting such lovely informations Tongue Smile

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 14 February 2009 at 10:12pm | IP Logged

Cut, copy, telecast

When originality doesn't pay off, going the tried and tested way seems to be an easy solution. The latest trend among channels is to wait and watch for a show to become a hit. The moment it does they churn out identical shows.

When Colors' Balika Vadhu made waves on the small screen, The channel came up with another two serials with child protagonists. Uttaran is the story of a poverty-stricken child and the soon to go on air Laado talks of female infanticide.

Ashwini Yardi, programming head for Color, feels child protagonists provide a relief from family dramas. "Kids have been successful in raking in the TRPs and channels want to to cash in on the fresh appeal that they lend to the show," says Yardi.

However, it's not just shows with child protagonists that have been duplicated. Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyan and Radha ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi are centred around the theme of daughters standing up for their families in tough times. Both Saat Phere and Bidaai deal with the problems that a dusky girl faces because of the Indian bias towards her complexion.

Purnendu Shekhar, the story writer of Balika Vadhu and Saat Phere, admits there are loopholes in the working pattern of the television industry but holds viewers responsible for the trend. "I agree serials today are repetitive, but viewers like these concepts and have encouraged this trend. We are just catering to their demands," says Shekhar.

However, Dheeraj Kumar, producer of Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan, blames recession for the current trend witnessed on TV. "In the current scenario neither broadcasters nor the production houses want to take risks. Everyone wants to follow the sure-shot way to success and avoid experimenting," says Kumar.

The cloning of successful formulae has made it difficult for creative directors to showcase their talent. The success of Star One's Laughter Challenge's first season was not only followed by more seasons but the show's format was re-created on different channels. Where Sony still continues with seasons of Comedy Circus, Colors came up with Chote Miyan. The only difference being the latter has children as contestants.

Sanjay Upadhyay, creative head for Sony Television, says, "As long as the the shows are doing well I don't think there is a need for change. When viewers grow tired of these shows we will come up with something new."

Even singing and dancing reality shows look like clones of each other. Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Voice of India and Indian Idol have the same content with dramatic walk outs staged by the judges. Chore- ographer and judge on Star Plus Nach Baliye, Saroj Khan says, "I am fed up of these reality shows. It's high time the channels gave us innovative and interesting programmes."

With inputs from Sanskriti Media Entertainment

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tv-guide/cut%2C-copy%2C-telecast-088

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 17 February 2009 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
Everyone wants to be my best friend: Avinash

All of television's sons-in-law, eat your heart out. Avinash Mukherjee has marched ahead in popularity ratings, and how.

The cute Jagdish of Balika Vadhu was shortlisted from 200 kids to play the role of Anandi's better half. And the feisty little youngster is now a household name.The most appealing thing he says that attracted him to the role was it's story. "The concept of child marriage creates so much awareness in society. I feel proud to be part of such a show," he says. Learning lines come easily to him. "Thankfully I'm just given a few Rajasthani terms, the rest of the time, I speak in Hindi. Words like 'thare' and 'mhare' aren't really difficult to learn," he says nonchalantly. Among his co-stars, he speaks most highly of his stern Dadisa. "Everyone is great to work with. Each day is a learning experience. Surekhaji always motivates me to do better and teaches me on how I can improve my performance. I also enjoy Anandi's company ' we've become good buddies thanks to the serial."

And although he's been bit by the acting bug, fame is yet to change him. "Fame hasn't changed me as a person but astonishingly it's changed the people around me! My schools friends who never used to interact with me much, post the show, have started talking a lot, they even ask me for autographs and do whatever I tell them to do," he says with that cheeky grin.

Is he also hoping to go the Bollywood way like other child actors? "Yeah, I have received several offers, but right now I'm happy to focus on one show. My studies are important to me and I would hate to sacrifice them for anything. I intend on getting a degree in Software Engineering before jumping headlong into acting. But Bollywood does interest me and I'd love to be an actor when I grow up," says Avinash who's favourite Bollywood stars incidentally happen to be Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif. "I do find it a bit strange that my friends treat me differently and give me so much attention ' everyone wants to be my best friend suddenly," he says with a laugh.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Everyone-wants-to-be-my-best-friend-Avinash/articleshow/4143439.cms

Post Reply New Post

Go to top