Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 14 November 2008 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
ES: Why does Dumbledore allow Peeves to stay in the castle?

JKR: Can't get him out.

ES: He's Dumbledore, he can do anything!

JKR: No, no no no no. Peeves is like dry rot. You can try and eradicate it. It comes with the building. You're stuck. If you've got Peeves you're stuck.

ES: But Peeves answers to Dumbledore

JKR: Allegedly.

MA: Allegedly?

JKR: Yeah. I see Peeves as like a severe plumbing problem in a very old building, and Dumbledore is slightly better with the spanner than most people, so he can maybe make it function better for a few weeks. Then it's going to start leaking again. Would you want Peeves gone, honestly?

I don't know how old this is but I found it on the Leaky Cauldron forums and thought it was fun Tongue

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

HPCRAZYElusiveDevotionCeruleanSkytukz_REmix

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "J.K Rowling talks about Peeves" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mad-about-Rajat

IF-Dazzler

mad-about-Rajat

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Thanks chhilt.......!SmileI agree with J.K.Rowling.....Whoever would want Peeves to go?I really like d small songs he composes.....LOLN hez damn funny,even if he may create some trouble.

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 8:25am | IP Logged
I agree, I actually really like Peeves.

One of my favourite lines in the whole series is when the Weasely twins left in OOTP and Fred I think said" Give her hell from us Peeves!"  Classic.  Peeves adds Character to the castle!

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

I agree, I actually really like Peeves.

One of my favourite lines in the whole series is when the Weasely twins left in OOTP and Fred I think said" Give her hell from us Peeves!"  Classic.  Peeves adds Character to the castle!

Shelly, I've to agree totally - I opened this topic to read, because I saw the name Peeves. And my fav line or one of my fav lines is "Give her hell from us Peeves!" and the polteregist acutally takes it seriously and everyone in the castle seems to help him including McGonagall!!

And I liked the way you said  he does character to the castle or for me - He add this mad air of fun to the castle !!!

HPCRAZY

Goldie

HPCRAZY

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 9:21am | IP Logged
I agree with JKR & you guys tooBig smile I wouldn't have wanted Peevsy to leave Hogwarts for anything in the worldTongue Love reading his parts in the books coz they are so funny.& he is got quite a talent for coming up with funny one-liners & stanzas on the spur of the moment tooWink Here are some of my favorites;

"Potty luuuuuuuuuurves Loony"LOL

"Oh Potter You rotter oh,what have you done?
You are killing off students, you think it is good fun-"LOL

"Oh most think he's barking the Potty wee lad
But some are more kindly & think he's just sad
But Peevsy knows better & says he's mad..."LOL

We did it, we bashed 'em,wee Potter's the one
& Voldy's gone mouldy so now let's have fun"LOLLOLLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sna004ElusiveDevotion

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Hahaha I agree with all of you! And that's another reason why the books are so much better than the movies... Peeves isn't in the movies... how weird is that?

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

Hahaha I agree with all of you! And that's another reason why the books are so much better than the movies... Peeves isn't in the movies... how weird is that?

Come to think of it and now that you mention it , yeah, he doesnt figure anywhere in the movies!! But it must be hard for them to include all of the characters in the movies and do justice , but I would have loved to watch a couple of Peeves' scenes, am sure they would have been a blast!!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareeta

Originally posted by chhilt

Come to think of it and now that you mention it , yeah, he doesnt figure anywhere in the movies!! But it must be hard for them to include all of the characters in the movies and do justice , but I would have loved to watch a couple of Peeves' scenes, am sure they would have been a blast!!

same here! i guess the filmmakers were afraid that they wouldn't be able to do justice to Peeves' character in the movies!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top