Fashion and Beauty

Fashion and Beauty
Fashion and Beauty

Tips to make/keep you thin!

Jess. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 November 2008 at 5:17pm | IP Logged

Tips to help make/keep you thin?

One treat at a time. It is ok to have a cheeseburger once in a while but don't use the justification that since you are already splurging that it ok to order the French Fries along with it. Allow yourself an occasional treat, as long as it is accompanied by smarter food choices like fresh fruit and vegetables.

If you can't just have one - avoid them. There are some treats that you can't just have one so it is best to just avoid those treats altogether. You may discover that a chocolate chip cookie triggers uncontrollable cravings but one square of dark chocolate appeases your sweet tooth quite nicely.

Don't lose weight for some one else. Reset your weight lost goals so they revolve soley around you. Sit down and figure out the benefits to you of changing your lifestyle. Writing down your goals can really help.

Avoid winter weight gain. Keep a bikini or a skimpy sun dress on the back door of your bathroom so you can visualize yourself wearing it every time you head for the leftovers.

Genetics are not on your side but' there are still things you can do. First of all set realistic expectations. First of all, you may never be a size two but that doesn't mean you can't be a healthy size 10. Small things like walking to the grocery store, choosing the stairs over the escalator can really make a diiference. Research shows that people who are physically fit and maybe carry a few extra pounds as opposed to people who are their ideal size and not physically fit.

After that workout I can eat anything. Most people over estimate the amount of calories burned. After a great workout reward yourself with a bath or a massage not food.

Avoid buffets. Most people love buffets because of the variety but they also tend to overindulge. To be safe just avoid them.

Remember make lifestyle changes don't diet. Quite simply diets don't work long-term so you are better off to make simple lifestyle changes and keep them up over time.

Avoid the hefty salad. A salad heaped with tons of toppings can be just as many calories as a burger. Be realistic about what goes on your salad. Adding a ton of croutons and you might as well be eating a sandwich.

Sweet and Carbs boost your serotonin but thankfully so does exercise,sex and low-fat carbohydrates so choose wisely.

Just because you brought it at the health food section doesn't mean it is healthy. Organic potato chips have just as many fat grams as regular potato chips so be warned.

Pace yourself with the slowest eater at the table. Studies have shown that eating slower can be more enjoyable and led to less calorie consumption.

Let's meet for a walk instead of let meet for drinks. Either way you are getting the same social interaction but also doing something good for yourself. Studies have shown that having an exercise buddy can lead to longer exercise.

Tip from Aradhana87 
Do not eat right before going to sleep. Our metabolism is really slow at that time and your food turns into fat
What and when you eat at the end of the day can have a large impact on your weight. If you eat the right thing at the right time you can actually lose weight while you sleep. Eat the wrong thing at the wrong time and you can plan on waking up with a little more body fat in the morning.

To succsufully loss weight, you'll need to stop eating two - three hours before going to bed. YOu shold not feel starving before bed but you should feel slightly hungry. When you're trying to lose weight, slipping into bed at night feeling slightly hungry is actually a good thing. It's your body telling you that what you did that day is working -- you're losing body fat. If you don't feel this way, you're probably not losing fat.
Believe it or not, eating late at night can also inhibit your calorie-burning potential the next day. Say, for instance, that you treat yourself to a sandwich and some fat free chips at 9.:30 P.M. one night and are fast asleep by 10:30. When your alarm goes off the next morning at eight, the last thing on your mind is going to be breakfast -- you're still full from the sandwich and fat free chips you ate the night before. Chances are, you're going to skip breakfast and lose all the metabolism-boosting benefits you'd get from eating a morning meal.
Tip from Chhilt
You can also substitute candy bars with high fiber granola bars or something similar... i agree it's not the same... but it's working pretty well for me :) and also, avoid custards and stuff.. instead have fruit flavoured yoghurt...

Tip From Me:
Drink a glass of water before eating, because it will help you eat less...drink water like 30 min before eatingSmile
Drinking water before meal is best for health but must be half n hour before. you can also drink water after meal but after half n hour or one hour after meal would be better, but you should avoid drinking water during meal because it causes digestion problems.
So what do you guys think about these tips? Would they actually work? can you see yourself following these tips?

And feel free to suggest any of your personal tips...will make sure to update on our first pageBig smile

Edited by Angad luver#1 - 07 December 2008 at 5:19pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Awesome tips! some of them are pretty easy to follow.. some are not so easy!
Jess. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
the one i thought was hard, is If you can't just have one - avoid them! lol that one is tough!
chhilt IF-Rockerz

Posted: 16 November 2008 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Also one treat at a time... very hard!
Henna 786 IF-Stunnerz
Henna 786
Henna 786

Posted: 17 November 2008 at 3:34am | IP Logged
lol... im lookin for tips to put on weight.. ill just do the opp to what is written.. great tips tho, this is a regime for a healthier lifestyle Thumbs Up
Jess. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 November 2008 at 4:56pm | IP Logged i just got to enforce the diet^^ skinny but when i did the thing for school it said i was really unhealthyLOL
miss5stars IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 November 2008 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angad luver#1 i just got to enforce the diet^^ skinny but when i did the thing for school it said i was really unhealthyLOL
samee here..! LOL  but OMG! tht damn pyramid..! i hate it Angry
we had to make the pryamid on a poster for P.E credit
and i made the old one LOL and she gav me a C cuz of it ShockedAngry
no1 ever told me tht the food pryamid changed ROFL

but yah.. im pretty normal ryt now..but im scared im gunna get OBESE when im older ConfusedOuch
or get diabetes... which ever it is LOL
so i try to avoid sugary/HIGH CALORIE foods LOL - which is so hard too do Cry
but yah... im trying to make a "healthier" choice LOL

sareeta IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 November 2008 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Nice tips, like the walking bit one, makes me feel better, since I do only that bit out of the lot suggested!! LOL

Got to cut down on those cheese burgers! Damn!! LOL

Go to top