Indian Idol 6

Hussain set to make his film debut-New Artcl

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Hussain set to make his film debut

The TV heartthrob will be seen in a romantic comedy, But Adi Loves Sanjana Yaar

After successful TV to Films transition by popular TV stars like Rajeev Khandelwal in Aamir and Prachi Desai in Rock On!! it is time for yet another TV heart throb to make it to the big screen as a lead star. Kumkum star and host of Indian Idol 4, Hussein Kuwajerwala will soon be making his big screen debut with a romantic comedy, But Adi Loves Sanjana Yaar.

Our source close to the actor reveals, "Hussein has been a very popular name in the TV industry for a long time and had been getting a lot of film offers since the time he won the dance reality show, Nach Baliye 2 a few years back. But he had been resisting taking the plunge into Bollywood. But when good friend and old co-star Anuj Saxena offered him BALSY he simply could not refuse it. Firstly, because it's a great script and it's a romantic comedy, a genre which Hussein immensely likes."

The source further adds, "The auditions for the lead actress are presently on and there are chances that a new face will be launched along side Hussein in the film. The film also marks the directorial debut of actor Vivek Mushran whose career post a super hit debut in Subhash Ghai's Saudagar (1991) never simply picked up. The shooting for this film produced under Anuj's Maverick Productions banner is about to commence from early next year and is being scheduled as a Diwali release in 2009."

When contacted, both Hussein and Vivek remained tight lipped but didn't exactly deny this news.

cheers
resh..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

b_queen thumbnail
omg..thtz a gr8 news..soo cant waiiitttt..yiipppiiii
Bollybiz101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG!!!!!!!i'm having butterflies in my stomack. So will he leave Television?I hope not! Who will be his lead actress? a newcomer??????I'm soooooooo jealous of her who ever it's gonna be. can't wait to see him on big screen but I think i'm feeling nervous than any one else😳