Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Watched it! It wasn't tough to get tickets in Kerala,with Twenty20 rocking the state, but it was tough to get my parents to watch it!

Have to say I'm slightly disappointed.....the movie was overall very good, but contrast to wht I expected!

Heartwhelming film...my dad was all smiles during the dad-son scenes and kept gazing at me.....he ws never the advice-givin dad Surya is in the movie!Wish there were more son-dad instances, though, instead of those lengthy blah blah dialogues!!!! Honestly, WHO IS THE EDITOR???

Another part tht's tough to believe...a teenager whose family is surrounded by debts, with a paper to clear in Mech Eng(and he ends up in the army!)goes to the US n search of the girl made for him.....with his parents encouraging him!

All those 'responsible officer' scenes......sort of rip-offs from Kaakka Kaakka....The Kashmir mission, Child kidnap-rescue etc..they had nothing to do with a story line and were really unnecessary!

But this is a film who's flaws don't really linger in ur mind....it belongs to the list of movies which gets one thinking abt I even after days!

Surya........wht do I say?????????????All this time, he was a very good actor to me, but now, 'HE'S BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!' AWESOME!!! MIND BLOWING!!!A REAL PERFORMER!! Agree with GM, the movie wouldn't hv been possible wihout Surya,!The transformations are perfect....there's no connection b/w the bodies, U wud feel!U sort of travel with the character.As a drug addict faced with life's greatest trials, he's marvellous.Wish they gave National awards to such grt performances in commercial films too....he deserves one for this!Or else he should try and get his uncle or aunt or dad into the jury, as Saif Ali Khan did!Filmfare....YES, YOU ARE GONNA GET IT THIS TIME, BUDDY!(Buddy?)

The 6 packs....a total unnecessary thing.....to think he went thru all tht for a family drama like this, and tht too, just for 10 seconds(I counted!)

The teenage Surya---wowie!!!! Lovely to see him as a decent teenager, but a pakka one too....not good in studies but with a lot of interest in girlsGrt to see him as somebody of my age....gazed at him even more!

Simran-SPLENDID!!!! Awesome range of expressions, and she has tht bit of charisma which I didn't find in her before, in this one!

Sammera-awesome!!πŸ‘ Divya...okey dokey!

All in all, not exactly a masterpiece as one would have expected, after GM'S talks abt the movie.....but very good, very very good, except for some real time waste scenes!Part of it seemed like a documentary.

It's doing good business here too, and tht's a surprise!I thought our Malayali audience knew only abt Ajith and Vijay wn it comes to Tamil youngsters!
Edited by ditty - 15 years ago
sankadevi30 thumbnail
thanks ditty

seems like a ok movie
mellisai thumbnail
thanks for your review ditty. the songs seem to be doing better than the movie!
mellisai thumbnail

Originally posted by: ditty

All those 'responsible officer' scenes......sort of rip-offs from Kaakka Kaakka....The Kashmir mission, Child kidnap-rescue etc..they had nothing to do with a story line and were really unnecessary!

The VA team has decided to cut fifteen minutes of the film - the scene mentioned above by ditty!πŸ˜ƒ
Caryn thumbnail
Thanks for the reviews Meli & Isai.

I have not watched it, but Netra's brother did. According to him the movie is a bit drag. He said not to waste money.   What he liked about the movie, good portrayal of Simran.  She was good apparently.

So now Netra and I are thinking twice whether to watch this in cinema or get DVD and watch. 😊
Vani19 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I watched the movie and I liked it so much. I loved the songs, especially Munthinam Paarthene & Nenjukkul Peithidum Maa Mazhai.. superb... And yes Simram is beautiful in the 80's style....

Surya... Well well ..his acting is simply awesome πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ. And the 6 packs 😳....
Dits thumbnail
Really Sri? Wish I had watched the movie after the editing then!πŸ˜•It would hve been loaads better!

Good tht you liked the movie too, Vani!πŸ˜‰

It wasnt a real time waster, CπŸ˜‰There were only bits of it whch one can never enjoy, and tht's definitely a draw back, but all in all, the movie was fine!

Edited by ditty - 15 years ago
Vani19 thumbnail
Ditty, I don't mind watching it again..just for the sake of Surya πŸ˜ƒ
Dits thumbnail
Same here, VaniπŸ˜‰

This is a lovely review....talks about the positive and negative sides of the movie, and unbiased review.

Vani19 thumbnail
Thanks for the link ditty...