Book Talk

harry potter

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

_Ashy_

IF-Dazzler

_Ashy_

Posted: 12 November 2008 at 4:10am | IP Logged
How many of you actually think that Harry Potter is the real deal?????????Wink I know I do. J.K.Rowling has sure mesmerized the world with the charm of her magical talent. Along with other renowned books like "Quidditch Through The Ages"; "Amazing Beasts"; "The Stories Of The Beetle The Bard"; Harry Pooter has surely mesmerized us.Cool What do you think?Dancing

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "harry potter" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 13 November 2008 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Oh definitely! By the way, you might be interested in being part of the harry potter section ;)

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 13 November 2008 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Yeah, Miley, definitely, the HP fever is still on - and I do still visit the sites and have re-read the books and would do too in the future.

Its like when I realize I am slowing down on my reading, I pick up a HP and bang, I am back to my usual speed with reading. those series infuse that kind of enthusiasm into me!!

And I have the VCDs too and I keep watching them when I get a chance! Its jus that HP world is my fav world and I love escaping into this world when I get bored !

Do join us in the HP section as chilt mentioned , it would be fun to discuss there!!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 13 November 2008 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Oh yeah definitely! I think Harry Potter is one of the very well written books that has humor, mystery, suspense, and awesome writing style and beautifully characterization of the characters!

I didn't use to like fantasy that much but since all my friends were crazy about HP and I used to get comments like "how can you be books lover and not read Harry Potter?" so I finally decided to read it and then I just fell in love with the series and have read them so many times...

-Mahi

diya_1987

diya_1987

Posted: 14 November 2008 at 4:42am | IP Logged
oh yeah therez definitely sumthing magical bout the HP books(literally)Smile.......wenever i read  the books i feel as if i m also a part of the magical world.......jus cnt get enuff of HP

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 15 November 2008 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

I didn't use to like fantasy that much but since all my friends were crazy about HP and I used to get comments like "how can you be books lover and not read Harry Potter?" so I finally decided to read it and then I just fell in love with the series and have read them so many times...

-Mahi

Thats so true in my case too Mahi!!  A colleague of mine chided me about being a book lover and not having heard of Harry Potter and she jus dumped the book in my hand and said - Read!!

I fell in love with the series after that literally!

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 16 November 2008 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareeta

Originally posted by -Mystery-

-Mahi

Thats so true in my case too Mahi!!  A colleague of mine chided me about being a book lover and not having heard of Harry Potter and she jus dumped the book in my hand and said - Read!!

I fell in love with the series after that literally!

I started reading Harry potter for similar reasons, a friend kept telling me how great the book was until eventually she wore me down and I read the books. I think too I was motivated by the feel of the first movie too which I saw first before I read the books.

Whatever the reason I started reading I'm glad I did, because I don't think that a writer could draw so many into this world if there wasn't something truly special about it.  All the characters are so real, and not over fantazised as you would expect from a fantasy novel. They are very relateable to anyone young or old.

It makes one want to believe that a world of magic and wizards exist and that there are these extraordinary persons with these extraordinary gifts out there. The first time I read the books, I remember wishing that  back when I was in high school i would have been able to attend a Charms or Herbology class as opposed to the Math and English classes that I did attend.LOLSmile

And I do read the books over again every so often, because the Harry Potter Series seems to be able to offer something a little bit different everytime I read it! Or maybe it just reminds me that I wish that this world really existed and that maybe I could do magic! 

Edited by shellytt - 16 November 2008 at 3:27pm

bindya.Malhotra

Groupbie

bindya.Malhotra

Posted: 13 February 2009 at 1:25am | IP Logged
ya but its very much fictional

Post Reply New Post

Go to top