Harry Potter

What if Snape hadn't become a death eater?

Poll Question: Would he have married Lily?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [20.00%]
8 [80.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 November 2008 at 6:49pm | IP Logged

If Snape hadn't chosen the death eaters and Voldemort over his best friend, Lily, do you think he and Lily would have gotten together in the end? Or do you think Lily and James were soul mates, and they were meant to be?

Please give an explanation for your answer. Thanks!Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What if Snape hadn't become a death eater?" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 11 November 2008 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Wow, a nice question, I personally think there is a chance she and Snape might have gotten together, coz the only reason Lily was drawn away from Snape was his obsession with the Dark Arts. Moreover, Lily disliked James during that time. Personally, i dont really like James, so I would have been happy with the Snape-Lily union.
But then, there would be no Harry Potter.ConfusedLOLSo dunno.

Edited by redhotght - 11 November 2008 at 7:18pm

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:02am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stranger@mirror

I think there would have been a lot of change in the storiesf Snape hadn't been a Death Eater apart from him getting married to Lily...

You see, Sanpe is a shaded character. By showing him as a death eater and then a redeemed person, J.K.R made him a more shaded character. This makes some us wonder whether he really reformed or is still a death eater or not..

And also, it shows a side of DD's character. DD believed in second chance and was a forgiving person. This was because when DD was young, he had commited some deeds which weren't exactly good (ofcourse I wont say evil, cause none of what he did was evil, and what happened to his sister wasn't his fault...) but later he reformed himself and became one of the most whitest character in the series. Infact I guess he is the whitest character through out the entire saga....anyways, the fact that he is very forgiving, and believes in second chance is showed by showing that DD had forgiven Snape even though he was once a Death Eater. And fortunately DD was right.

Comming to the topic, no I am happy with Lily James...even tho i like Snape more.Embarrassed

-Labib

Nice explanation...I personally like Lily/James pairing more, but I would have loved it if poor Snape had remained friends with Lily, who was really his only true friend. It's so sad that he lost her!Cry
But Lily cut off her friendship with Snape in the end of her fifth year, and somewhere in the books it says that Lily/James got together in their seventh year, when both became head boy and girl, so I think Lily and James are soul mates. I don't think Lily threw herself on James due to the sorrow of not being Snape's friend or anything. There was a whole year gap for Lily to see that James had matured, and was more than the arrogant bullying "toerag" he had been in his earlier years. I think that's why Lily fell in love with him. He too was like a "reformed" character in a way.

I think there is one true love in everyone's life, and that one true love of Lily's was James. I feel that if Snape had not sided with the Death Eaters, his and Lily's friendhip would have grown into something resembling brother/sister affection, at least on Lily's part. Maybe Snape would have told her of his love, or maybe not. We will never know, but my opinion is that Lily and James were soul mates, and they would have gotten together no matter what.  

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 12 November 2008 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
I don't really have an explanation for this answer.... but somehow i feel that Lily and James were meant to be... and even if Snape weren't a Death Eater they would still be together...

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 12 November 2008 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

I don't really have an explanation for this answer.... but somehow i feel that Lily and James were meant to be... and even if Snape weren't a Death Eater they would still be together...

Agree ! Even I was stumped a bit at the question, but the answer was obvious although an explanation didnt come too clearly to me, so yeah James and Lily were meant to be!

And possibly Lily would have been just as close friend she was to Snape!

SitaLakshmi

Groupbie

SitaLakshmi

Posted: 12 November 2008 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
Definitely Lily and James; for me they were the best couple in the seriesEmbarrassed (all though that much about their courtship wasn't mentioned). I really like the character of Snape; he was really a true brave soul, but I just don't think he and Lily would have fit as a couple; as best friends definitely, but not as a couple, for me at least.Embarrassed 

rv_annie

Goldie

rv_annie

Posted: 13 November 2008 at 3:32am | IP Logged
I liked lily with james

Post Reply New Post

Go to top