Harry Potter

Which girl goes best with Harry? (Page 3)

Poll Question: Who do you think is most compatible with Harry?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [37.93%]
11 [37.93%]
5 [17.24%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.90%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

griffy.fz

IF-Rockerz

griffy.fz

Friendship Animated Sig. Winner

Posted: 20 November 2008 at 2:38am | IP Logged
i never liked the idea of harry and hermione......pair ..i feel rowling has put up one of teh best examples of a a boy - girl friendship.....
where u love each other as friend....
aah i knw many nt gonna agree just my view...
i loved harry luna pair esp after 5th movieEmbarrassed ginny was never umm in my list lllolLOLLOLLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Which girl goes best with Harry? (Page 3)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 November 2008 at 10:10am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

born-free

born-free

Posted: 20 November 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged
hey all,
 I am new to the harry potter forum. but i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEE all the movies .I have watched them again and again. but I am a bit confused here.

Lot of you say abt harry-ginny relation.... have they shown it in any movies???? I think not. I mean I hav enever seen of her much other than when she is taken to the chamber of secrets.

pls explain. i'll want to watch it again if i have missed it.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 November 2008 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by born-free

hey all,
 I am new to the harry potter forum. but i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEE all the movies .I have watched them again and again. but I am a bit confused here.

Lot of you say abt harry-ginny relation.... have they shown it in any movies???? I think not. I mean I hav enever seen of her much other than when she is taken to the chamber of secrets.

pls explain. i'll want to watch it again if i have missed it.

No, they showed barely any Harry/Ginny in the moviesCry, which was really diappointing, because there was already so little of Harry/Ginny in the books that in the 7th movie, it will seem a total suprise to those who watch only the movies, when Harry and Ginny end up married.
Oh well, the movie are good too, although not as great as the books, but they are not horrible either. I can't wait until the 6th movie comes out!!!!StarStarStar

SWEETSHREYA

SWEETSHREYA

Posted: 20 November 2008 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
i like parvathi and harry pair and luna is also good but not ginny

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 November 2008 at 8:38am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Zoe28

Goldie

Zoe28

Posted: 23 November 2008 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by godisone

Originally posted by stumps101

I choose Ginny.

Basically, I think they are very, very well-matched. They have similar senses of humour, which can sometimes be dark, they have similar coping mechanisms, they have similar passions, they enjoy each other's company, they are comfortable with each other, they have similar tempers, they ground each other, they even have similar experiences ( shared possession by Voldermort, death of a loved one etc) and they even have a mutual attraction. I don't think Harry needs someone who balances him out but someone who matches him on every level and Ginny's pretty much a 100% fit.

Basically, even if it wasn't canon, it'd be my ship of choice because Harry never laughs at her, he never feels sorry for her, he never feels embarassed by her, he's never uncomfortable around her, he never gets hassled by her and yet, when he's being a bit of a dumbo, she can talk him out of it, set him in his place, and vice versa. He doesn't have a problem in confiding with her something that he couldn't even tell Ron on Hermione. On top of all of that, there are all those moments where Ginny understands Harry so well, giving him what he needs without him saying anything, and then what I also love is that it's not one-sided as it seems to be with the other ships to me , because then there are instances where it's shown that Harry understands her just as well. It's not that oh Ginny understands Harry but that Harry understands her as well which I don't really think he has with the other females. It's all perfectly matched and balanced and that is why I choose Ginny.     

I agree with you; Ginny was perfect for Harry in every way, so I'm really really glad JK Rowling had them marry each other in the end!Big smile
Although their relationship and romance isn't described much, my favorite pairing in the whole Harry Potter world is Lily and James; can't explain why, but I think it's because it was one of those love/hate relationships. It's like, Lily was meant for James the minute she disliked him on that train ride to Hogwarts. One thing I was disappointed with the books is that JK Rowling discribed a lot of Lily and Snape's friendship, but she never explained how Lily and James got together, if Lily disliked him so much. In the 5th book, Sirius and Remus just say that James changed, and Lily saw the mature side of him, but I felt that wasn't enough. It didn't do full justice to James's character. By the end of the series, we're left with a very sympathetic feeling towards Severus Snape, but really...nothing towards James's. We just think of him as the "bully" who got the girl in the end.
Although...this does leave a lot of scope for imagination in fanfics doesn't it?Smile

Anyway, before I was rambling on about the Lily/James pairing, what I meant was that the reason I like the Harry/Ginny pairing is that it kind of reminds me of James/Lily. Of course, Ginny never hated Harry (quite the oppositeLOL) and Harry was not as immature as James (though he did get in lots of trouble), but...I can't explain it, but Ginny has lots of the characteristics of Lily Evans. She is described as the smartest witch in her year, she has quite a temper, she has red hair (although her's is supposed to be bright red while Lily's was dark red), she's logical, and...there are so many more I can't think of right now (I wrote down a whole list one day).
I feel that Harry and Ginny were meant to be, just like James and Lily. That's why, although there were other nice girls that Harry could have ended up with (like Hermione and Luna), he ended up with Ginny, who fit him in every way. I really like your explanation by the way!Clap

I was never a Harry/Luna fan, not because I don't like her, because I really love the character of Luna a lot, but she always seemed sister-like to me. She was like the sister Harry never had; know what I mean? Same with Hermione. I can totally see Hermione as a red-haired version of Harry's sister had Lily/James lived, because Hermione had the brains Lily had, though she was too much of a rule-follower in the beginning of the book. JK Rowling once said that Lily Evans had gotten some notices from the ministry cause' she did magic in the summer. I can never see Hermione getting one notice from the ministry!LOL

Personality-wise, Harry and Hermione could have gotten together, as there were many situations where both worked together without Ron, in which a romantic interest could have started, but I believe that Harry and Hermione thought of each other as sibling-like friends, because they shared kind of similar pasts, in that both grew up with muggles and didn't know about magic until they had received their letters.

These are my ratings with Harry and the possibility of him ending up with the girls I listed.

Harry/Ginny - 10/10
Harry/Hermione - 8/10
Harry/Luna - 6/10
Harry/Parvathi - 4/10
Harry/Cho - 2/10
*I feel that while Harry may have ended up with Hermione or Luna, there absolutely no chance with Parvathi or Cho! Parvathi was too much of a flirt like Lavender and Cho was selfish!)

your whole viewpoint on harry-ginny,harry-hermione and harry-luna is exactly what i feel about the pairings. i always felt ginny was very similiar to lily in terms of her looks and talent and since harry is so much like james i always thought harry and ginny were meant to be togethr just like james and lily. as for hermione and harry their relationship always seemed like siblings who are protective of one another just like harry and ron who are more like brothers than just best friends. finally luna and harry never seemed anything like a romantic couple to me yes luna understood harry quite well but again i felt they had more of a sibling relationship rather than something romantic, infact i always thought neville and luna would end up together because they were both different from a lot of other characters and were close like hermione and ron.

Edited by Zoe28 - 23 November 2008 at 7:58am

talkativetaurus

IF-Sizzlerz

talkativetaurus

Posted: 23 November 2008 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
i chose luna.

for the very first time i obviously went fr hermione but as the story progressed it seemed tht they r more of friends n a very good infact perfect example of a girl n boy frienship. later fr cho bcos harry eyed her. but it was a NO NO at the end of part 5. and in the same part after cho it was only luna who had better understanding with harry than any of the other girls. therefore i chose her.

ginny n parvathi dont exist in harry's dictionary at all.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top