Harry Potter

Which girl goes best with Harry? (Page 2)

Poll Question: Who do you think is most compatible with Harry?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [37.93%]
11 [37.93%]
5 [17.24%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.90%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

-Masakali-

IF-Dazzler

-Masakali-

Posted: 18 November 2008 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
I am of the opinion that Harry and Hermione are meant to be. The only reason, in my opinion, JK Rowling cast Ron and Hermione was because she needed the trio to stay as a family. Because had HP been with HG then Ron would be out of the loop because he couldn't very well married Ginny could he? So, even though Hermione and Harry understood each other the best I think for practical reason JK Rowling made HP and Ginny a couple. Although I do adore the HG coupling.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Which girl goes best with Harry? (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

stumps101

stumps101

Posted: 18 November 2008 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
I choose Ginny.

Basically, I think they are very, very well-matched. They have similar senses of humour, which can sometimes be dark, they have similar coping mechanisms, they have similar passions, they enjoy each other's company, they are comfortable with each other, they have similar tempers, they ground each other, they even have similar experiences ( shared possession by Voldermort, death of a loved one etc) and they even have a mutual attraction. I don't think Harry needs someone who balances him out but someone who matches him on every level and Ginny's pretty much a 100% fit.

Basically, even if it wasn't canon, it'd be my ship of choice because Harry never laughs at her, he never feels sorry for her, he never feels embarassed by her, he's never uncomfortable around her, he never gets hassled by her and yet, when he's being a bit of a dumbo, she can talk him out of it, set him in his place, and vice versa. He doesn't have a problem in confiding with her something that he couldn't even tell Ron on Hermione. On top of all of that, there are all those moments where Ginny understands Harry so well, giving him what he needs without him saying anything, and then what I also love is that it's not one-sided as it seems to be with the other ships to me , because then there are instances where it's shown that Harry understands her just as well. It's not that oh Ginny understands Harry but that Harry understands her as well which I don't really think he has with the other females. It's all perfectly matched and balanced and that is why I choose Ginny.     

Edited by stumps101 - 18 November 2008 at 9:54pm

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 9:01am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stumps101

I choose Ginny.

Basically, I think they are very, very well-matched. They have similar senses of humour, which can sometimes be dark, they have similar coping mechanisms, they have similar passions, they enjoy each other's company, they are comfortable with each other, they have similar tempers, they ground each other, they even have similar experiences ( shared possession by Voldermort, death of a loved one etc) and they even have a mutual attraction. I don't think Harry needs someone who balances him out but someone who matches him on every level and Ginny's pretty much a 100% fit.

Basically, even if it wasn't canon, it'd be my ship of choice because Harry never laughs at her, he never feels sorry for her, he never feels embarassed by her, he's never uncomfortable around her, he never gets hassled by her and yet, when he's being a bit of a dumbo, she can talk him out of it, set him in his place, and vice versa. He doesn't have a problem in confiding with her something that he couldn't even tell Ron on Hermione. On top of all of that, there are all those moments where Ginny understands Harry so well, giving him what he needs without him saying anything, and then what I also love is that it's not one-sided as it seems to be with the other ships to me , because then there are instances where it's shown that Harry understands her just as well. It's not that oh Ginny understands Harry but that Harry understands her as well which I don't really think he has with the other females. It's all perfectly matched and balanced and that is why I choose Ginny.     

I agree with you; Ginny was perfect for Harry in every way, so I'm really really glad JK Rowling had them marry each other in the end!Big smile
Although their relationship and romance isn't described much, my favorite pairing in the whole Harry Potter world is Lily and James; can't explain why, but I think it's because it was one of those love/hate relationships. It's like, Lily was meant for James the minute she disliked him on that train ride to Hogwarts. One thing I was disappointed with the books is that JK Rowling discribed a lot of Lily and Snape's friendship, but she never explained how Lily and James got together, if Lily disliked him so much. In the 5th book, Sirius and Remus just say that James changed, and Lily saw the mature side of him, but I felt that wasn't enough. It didn't do full justice to James's character. By the end of the series, we're left with a very sympathetic feeling towards Severus Snape, but really...nothing towards James's. We just think of him as the "bully" who got the girl in the end.
Although...this does leave a lot of scope for imagination in fanfics doesn't it?Smile

Anyway, before I was rambling on about the Lily/James pairing, what I meant was that the reason I like the Harry/Ginny pairing is that it kind of reminds me of James/Lily. Of course, Ginny never hated Harry (quite the oppositeLOL) and Harry was not as immature as James (though he did get in lots of trouble), but...I can't explain it, but Ginny has lots of the characteristics of Lily Evans. She is described as the smartest witch in her year, she has quite a temper, she has red hair (although her's is supposed to be bright red while Lily's was dark red), she's logical, and...there are so many more I can't think of right now (I wrote down a whole list one day).
I feel that Harry and Ginny were meant to be, just like James and Lily. That's why, although there were other nice girls that Harry could have ended up with (like Hermione and Luna), he ended up with Ginny, who fit him in every way. I really like your explanation by the way!Clap

I was never a Harry/Luna fan, not because I don't like her, because I really love the character of Luna a lot, but she always seemed sister-like to me. She was like the sister Harry never had; know what I mean? Same with Hermione. I can totally see Hermione as a red-haired version of Harry's sister had Lily/James lived, because Hermione had the brains Lily had, though she was too much of a rule-follower in the beginning of the book. JK Rowling once said that Lily Evans had gotten some notices from the ministry cause' she did magic in the summer. I can never see Hermione getting one notice from the ministry!LOL

Personality-wise, Harry and Hermione could have gotten together, as there were many situations where both worked together without Ron, in which a romantic interest could have started, but I believe that Harry and Hermione thought of each other as sibling-like friends, because they shared kind of similar pasts, in that both grew up with muggles and didn't know about magic until they had received their letters.

These are my ratings with Harry and the possibility of him ending up with the girls I listed.

Harry/Ginny - 10/10
Harry/Hermione - 8/10
Harry/Luna - 6/10
Harry/Parvathi - 4/10
Harry/Cho - 2/10
*I feel that while Harry may have ended up with Hermione or Luna, there absolutely no chance with Parvathi or Cho! Parvathi was too much of a flirt like Lavender and Cho was selfish!)

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 9:50am | IP Logged

@ Stranger@mirror:

Hey, nice article!Smile Really in-depth relationship about Harry/Hermione. It was a nice read; thanks for posting it!Big smile

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
@stranger@mirror - Very interesting article , and quite a different insight into relation too! Admittedly, these are things we notice while reading or atleast I did ,so I didnt have to go back to the books to re-read, but yes, I did not certainly interpret it in the manner outlined, so it was quite interesting! What seemed to hit though, is that the author of the essay did not mention the one thing Hermione does say about Harry looks , a passing comment  "Harry's never been more fanciable" in a conversation with Harry and Ron concerning Cho I think, but she does say and I thought, wow hermione, that was quite to the face!! Smile Wonder what the author would have made of that!!

Thank you for the article! The amount of detail , that the author has added in the essay certainly makes it all the more interesting, with all the instance references in place!

@Godisone - I found your interpretation about the Luna being the sister Harry never had - Incidentally, I pictured Hermione in that place, but I still maintain, girlfriend/ sister/friend, the connect Harry -Luna share is something I really liked and jumped at me through the books , than any other! Possibly because the kind of bond that Harry and Hermione share as good buddies is something I've seen and experienced and I have to admit , that sparks dont fly ! There is a lot more to it, and sometimes, leaving it unsaid is leaves the charm intact!!

With due respect to the author of the essay, I enjoyed the different interpretation of the relation and the insights!! :)

Thanks again!

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Thanks Labib, that was a really insightful essay. I admit, I did notice some of the observations described in the essay, but I always tended to interpret everything between Harry-Hermione as platonic. I have always thought that Harry-Hermione have all the components of a romantic relationship(trust,friendship,loyalty) except attraction and understanding. Harry has never had feelings(or understood her for that matter) for Hermione in same way he had for Ginny. And about understanding, I feel that Hermione just can't handle Harry the same way Ginny/Luna can when he gets angry. Hermione would either start crying or lecturing. (which would annoy HarryLOL). If Harry-Hermione had gotten together, it  would work out but wouldnt be able to last IMHO. Lasting friendship, Yes. But Lasting Romance?Dont think so.
But the essay definitely expanded my horizons. ThanksSmile

Edited by redhotght - 19 November 2008 at 10:25pm

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 19 November 2008 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by godisone

Harry/Ginny - 10/10
Harry/Hermione - 8/10
Harry/Luna - 6/10
Harry/Parvathi - 4/10
Harry/Cho - 2/10
*I feel that while Harry may have ended up with Hermione or Luna, there absolutely no chance with Parvathi or Cho! Parvathi was too much of a flirt like Lavender and Cho was selfish!)

Haha, nice ratings!TongueI agree with you on most except Harry-Luna (I would give 10/10). Ginny and Luna would be in a tie.LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top