ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Ra.1: SRK's Sci-Fi flick

Shah Rukh Khan is said to be putting together a giant science fiction movie with plenty of special effects.

The buzz is the film is to be directed by Anubhav Sinha and is to be called Ra.1.

The name was chosen by SRK himself. Ra is the Egyptian sun god. King Khan has been enthused by his son Aryan's desire that papa play a Sci Fi superhero.

Anubhav Sinha is said to be directing his dream project. Though Sinha refuses to comment on the progress of the movie, it's learnt that the film is to be titled "Ra.One" and that the title was suggested by King Khan himself.

"Shah Rukh is taking very keen interest in the scripting of Ra.1 and might be credited as a screenwriter for the project," source said adding that it was still not certain that SRK's production house Red Chillies would actually make the ambitious thriller given its budget.

Shah Rukh is currently completing projects for Aditya Chopra (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi) and Karan Johar (My Name Is Khan). The star was meant to be start King Khan this year but Karan Johar allowed Adi to take his booked dates from SRK.

He will only work on the Sci-Fi movie after King Khan, sources close to him said.

Santosh Sivan, who was earlier speculated to be directing the movie for SRK, says that it's not going to be him directing it, though he said he was working on a fantasy movie of his own.

"I'm still scripting it and the screenplay is a long way from being completed," Sivan said, "So how can I be thinking of casting? And I'm not doing a film with Shah Rukh at all."

He and SRK worked together previously in Ashoka, the flop from 2001 which also starred Kareena.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aww soo cute of srk he loves his son so much and be interesting to see him in a sc-fi.
wezyus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
oh how careful papa he is ...thnks SRK
lavienrose thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
he's such a cute papa😃