skeptical thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi folks,

While watching the crkt match, I saw the promo of this new channel.  I think something on Shivaji was shown and I saw the lady in Avantika there.  Anyone knows anything about this channel??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chaitalee.s15 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

yaa i found a article regarding it

Indiantelevision.com's Regional Media
Star's Marathi GEC to be called Star Pravah  

Indiantelevision.com Team  

(Updated on 20 October 2008 11:30 pm)
(20 October 2008 12:30 pm)

MUMBAI: Star's Marathi general entertainment channel (GEC) will be called Star Pravah.

The channel is expected to launch in mid-November with 20 hours of original weekly programming.

Star Pravah will bank on its driver show, Raja Shivchhatrapati, based on the life and times of the great Maratha warrior Shivaji. Produced by Nitin Chandrakant Desai's Chandrakant Productions, the hour-long show will be aired three times a week. A mega set has been built at Big ND Studio in Karjat.

"We will break the common notion of viewers that regional channels are built with low budgets and quality. We are not worried with the clutter of Marathi general entertainment channels and are here to redefine the category," said Star India CEO Uday Shankar while unveiling the name and logo of the channel.

Also present on the occasion were Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray, Bollywood director Ashutosh Gowariker, and the star cast of Raja Shivchhatrapati.

The content of the channel, which is yet to be revealed, will include daily soaps, non fiction shows, talk shows and movie-based content.

"We will provide differentiated content. Being contemporary is not enough. The programming needs to be culturally rooted," said Star India EVP regional channels JC Giri.

Star Pravah will be a pay channel. "We are in talks with multi-system operators (MSOs) and DTH service providers for carriage," said Giri.

Soon after New Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch announced in India the intention to invest $100 million in six regional channels, Star launched Bengali GEC Star Jolsha on 8 September. Plans are also on to launch a Gujarati GEC soon.

😊😊 Edited by sparkling.star - 15 years ago
chaitalee.s15 thumbnail
one more article...!!!

Star Pravah to launch on 24 November
31 October 2008

MUMBAI: Star India is launching its Marathi general entertainment channel (GEC) Star Pravah on 24 November.

Star Pravah will launch with original programming between 7-10.30 pm in the prime time band.

Star Entertainment Media EVP and GM - regional channels JC Giri says, "After the successful launch of our Bengali GEC Star Jalsha, this is our next offering for Marathi audience. We will launch the channel on 24 November." Star also runs Tamil GEC Star Vijay.

The channel will bank on two of its driver shows Raja Shivchhatrapati and Agnihotra. Also in line are 24-episode drama Goshta Eka Lagnachi, comic-thriller J3 Junction, daily soaps Jyvlaga and Kulswamini, comedy sitcom Kukuchku, fiction-talk show Ase Ka Ghadle and celebrity talk show Star Durbar.

Star will kickstart a 360 degree marketing campaign from 10 November throughout Maharashtra. The focus will be mainly on four cities - Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur and Nashik. The new channel will be promoted on TV, radio, print and outdoors and through on-ground activities. The channel has booked spots on Star's own network as well as other networks.

Star India EVP marketing and communication Prem Kamat adds, "We will start our promotion from 10 November. It will be backed by PR events, mass media as well as on-ground activities. On TV, we are in talks with news, regional and kids channels as well. The main focus will be on Raja Shivchatrapati and Agnihotra."

Star Pravah will be an encrypted pay-channel and will be distributed by Star Den.

The channel's main driver show Raja Shivchhatrapati will be aired Monday-Wednesday at 8.30 pm. The show will also be backed by a talk-show Shiv Dhanush every Sunday, where historians will throw light on the life of Shivaji and history of the Maratha dynasty.

Agnihotra, Jyvalaga, and Kulaswamini will be aired six days a week from Monday-Saturday. Ase Ka Ghadle, and Goshta Eka Lagnachi will be aired four days a week while J3 Junction and Kukuchku will be aired three days a week. Additionally, the celebrity talk-show Star Darbar will be aired on Sundays.

Nitin Chandrakant Desai will be making Raja Shivchatrapati while BAG Network is producing Star Darbar. Indian Magic Eye is doing Agnihotra, which is supported by big star cast including Mohan Agashe, Vikram Gokhle, Vinay Apte and others. Smita Talwarkar's Asmita Chitra is producing Goshta Eka Lagnachi and Smita Thackray's Rahul Productions is making Kulaswamini. J3 Junction is being produced by Siddhivanayak Creations and Ase Ka Ghadle is by Madhvi Mutatkar. Rakesh Sarang's Cams Club is producing Kukuchku whereas Shashank Solanki's Seventhsense Media is doing Jyvalag
 Star Pravah to launch on 24 November

Channel will come on Day 1 of its launch on TataSky.. Good news for Marathi Viewers..
😊😊
chaitalee.s15 thumbnail
 the above artcile says that :-
The channel's main driver show Raja Shivchhatrapati will be aired Monday-Wednesday at 8.30 pm

Asambhav chya timing madhe to show thevlay....Asambhav baghaycha ka Maharashtrala swaraj milvun denarya thor mansachi jeevan-gaatha baghaychi.???????πŸ˜•
repeats asnar pan.....
arey pan 1st cable valyane te channel daakhavle pahijeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...its a pay channelπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
lets c...
skeptical thumbnail
SS

Wow !! That's some info you have dug out from here and there. Thanks for everyday dear.

I have TataSky and am glad that I shall get to see the channel.  😊

I cant see Saam Marathi since its not beamed by TataSky.
skeptical thumbnail

Originally posted by: sparkling.star

the above artcile says that :-

The channel's main driver show Raja Shivchhatrapati will be aired Monday-Wednesday at 8.30 pm

Asambhav chya timing madhe to show thevlay....Asambhav baghaycha ka Maharashtrala swaraj milvun denarya thor mansachi jeevan-gaatha baghaychi.???????πŸ˜•
repeats asnar pan.....
arey pan 1st cable valyane te channel daakhavle pahijeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...its a pay channelπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
lets c...

Bahutek muddam thevlay.  Karan Maximum darshak hya velela TV baghat asto.  Tyana phodaycha asel tyancha bet. Ha dushtapana zala ki nahi? Ek tar marathi prekshakana pharcha choice nahi.  Saas bahu ithe pan ghusle ahet. 😑
nehavarun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
????? ???! ????? ????????? ??? ?????? ????? ! ??? ??? ??? ?? 8:30 ??? timing ????????
 I will watch Asambhav only. Will catch this Star Pravaah serial during repeat telecast if it suits my timetable. anywayz I hv read a lot abt Shivaji and I know his entire life story. So there is no curiosity abt 'what happens next' like it is there for Asambhav.

But otherwise Star Pravaah seems to be a good channel. Good for marathi people, options are increasing.

Our cable guy shows all marathi channels except IBN Lokmat. I wont keep it on my tv even if it is available coz it seems (Everyone says) IBN Lokmat is very anti-marathi.Edited by nehavarun - 15 years ago
skeptical thumbnail

Originally posted by: nehavarun

????? ???! ????? ????????? ??? ?????? ????? ! ??? ??? ??? ?? 8:30 ??? timing ????????

agadi khara bollis
 I will watch Asambhav only. Will catch this Star Pravaah serial during repeat telecast if it suits my timetable. anywayz I hv read a lot abt Shivaji and I know his entire life story. So there is no curiosity abt 'what happens next' like it is there for Asambhav.
I too will continue to watch Asambhav but I shall also watch Shivaji at another time (If I can)

But otherwise Star Pravaah seems to be a good channel. Good for marathi people, options are increasing.
Yes
Our cable guy shows all marathi channels except IBN Lokmat. I wont keep it on my tv even if it is available coz it seems (Everyone says) IBN Lokmat is very anti-marathi.

Thats really bad, sakhi
nehavarun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
IBN Lokmat solid dokyaat jaato. Especially Nikhil Wagle. To ekdum anti-marathi aahe. According to him, marathi ppl r always wrong abt everything n non-marathis r always right. to mahamoorkh aahe.
skeptical thumbnail
Majhya kade TataSky aslya mule, IBN Lokmat lagat nahi.  Dev Pavla.  Nahi tar tya daadhiwallyala baghun doka phiraycha. 🀒