MaaU

IF-Sizzlerz

MaaU

DV & SOS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

what is the difference between crunches and sit-ups?Ermm

even i want to knw tht Confused

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Flat Stomach Exercises (Page 4)" in Health & Fitness forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pisces25

IF-Rockerz

pisces25

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

what is the difference between crunches and sit-ups?Ermm

I think the difference between crunches and sit-ups is that. A sit-up is when your  upper body rises off the floor completely and you are sitting on your bottom, so basically you  have your back on the floor and you raise up so your elbows touch the knees. While i think a crunch is when you have your back on the  floor but you only "crunch" your abs so that while you raise up slightly your lower back never leaves the floor. In short i think with sit ups your feet stay on the floor while with crunches you lift your feet as you lift your upper body and "crunch" up your middle, and Crunches use only your abdominals and situps use your hip flexor muscles as well as your abdominals.

Hope that helps

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shala-deepzmissindia26

koolgal25

koolgal25

Posted: 10 July 2009 at 4:26am | IP Logged
hey but i 'v heard sit ups wil coz abs i cnt imagine a girl with abs it wont luk gud

Edited by koolgal25 - 10 July 2009 at 4:26am

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 21 September 2009 at 3:34am | IP Logged
okay i heard that sit-ups are a good way to get flat stomach..but then can someone tell me the exact procedure?

i heard that if u suck in ur stomach and stay that way 4 some timme..and later relese it..u can flatten ur stomach..Repeat it whenever u can..

navchahal

navchahal

Posted: 08 October 2009 at 11:46am | IP Logged
snowflake0555, the fastest way to get a fat stomach is through exercise and diet together.  You would have to lower your bodyfat percentage.  Any number of situps will not help you.  Situps will help with firming them but if you have alot of excess fat around your abdomen, you will not be able to achieve a "flat stomach".  I would suggest maintaining a low fat diet while emphasizing on protein and complex carbohydrates.  In terms of exercise, i would suggest some caridiovascular activity such as walking, joggin and a muscle strengthening program using some sort of resistance.  It takes time, but if you keep at it for a couple month, you will change your body composition and realize a "flat stomach"
Good luck!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IpshitaaJess.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 10 October 2009 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
thanks ^^
that totally makes sense :D

alien79

alien79

Posted: 22 October 2009 at 11:12am | IP Logged
To lose fat from belly you need to start doing some cardio exercises like running or bike riding 3-4 times a week for 30-60 minutes. You need to support that with low fat diet and you should see results pretty fast.

flatstomach-weightloss.com

cutykoo20

IF-Rockerz

cutykoo20

Posted: 01 November 2009 at 11:40am | IP Logged

walking & jogging

Edited by cutykoo20 - 17 November 2009 at 11:59am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top