DOTW: Vasu's Vengeance

desigrl05 IF-Sizzlerz
desigrl05
desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 6:55am | IP Logged

DOTW: Vasundhara's Vengeance

Salaam Namaste All!

This week's discussion is upon Vasu and her adamant will to do as she wishes. 

Do you think it was Vasu herself who is leading her own way to destruction? At first she wanted to get Sadhna Alekh married...she did.... She wanted Ranvir to reject Ragini at first...she did... and now when it seems all that is going to her plans the tables have turned and all things that she planned for are going against her... Alekh dislikes her even more, and now Ranvir is even more wanting to get with Ragini...

Do you think Vasu set herself up for disaster from day 1 itself?

Although it seemed that she had foolproof plans, where did she go wrong?

Does she deserve all of this?

Why do you think she is doing all this?

Please be on topic and try not bash characters

Kruthika.N IF-Veteran Member
Kruthika.N
Kruthika.N

PPAW Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Nice topic for discussion Jhanvi... here r my viewsEmbarrassed

Do you think Vasu set herself up for disaster from day 1 itself?
Yes, in a way she did. See, there is an entire mystery behind the Rajvansh past that they haven't revealed yet. So its hard to imagine how life was when Vasu and Ambika just married into the Rajvansh's. Because she was the fairer among the sisters, that may have boosted Vasu's ego over the top which explains her personality. For her, her motto in life is simple: My way or the highway. She can never go wrong, according to her, and she can never be proven wrong.

Although it seemed that she had foolproof plans, where did she go wrong?
I dont want to say that I completely think Vasu's evil. She thinks from a mother's POV and she wants her son to marry a rich, fair girl... that is the mindset of someone like Vasu. She underestimated her children and wanted to take all their decisions herself.

Does she deserve all of this?
I can't answer this question in a certain direction. Because I'm still undecided abt Vasu. I sympathize with her, because all she was doing was looking out for her children. There's no 2 ways abt that, she loves them immensely. But because of her inflated ego, she wants them to behave how she likes, do what she wants, take the decisions she would take. And its wrong of her to expect these things.

Why do you think she is doing all this?
Its simple, no one in Bidaai is a completely negative character. Even Malti is innocent and humorous at times. Same with Vasu, she is just being the mother she is. Looking out for her children, wanting only the best for them. She's happy with Sadhna, she just wishes Sadhna wud stick to being Alekh's caretaker instead of creating problems by bringing in Ragini - the last person she wud ever want for her son Ranvir.

Edited by *Kruthi* - 11 November 2008 at 10:28am
sweet_shagun IF-Veteran Member
sweet_shagun
sweet_shagun

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Interesting points wud be back in posting my views(by 2mrw)

Most probably wud edit this reply out!!

Edited  My Take

Well, Everything was destined to happen, it wasnt Vasu's plan that succeeded it was Aalekh and Sadhna's destiny that they would get married as they say "Marriages are made in heaven" It was good Karma's and Prayers of Saalekh irrespective way which said they wud unite one day and they did..... Vasu played all kind of tricks starting from a fake promise... She didnt realise and hasnt realise still that its God who runs destiny and he is human... She did everything she can to keep Ragini and Ranvir part but Destiny had its own plan and no matter how  IMpossible it seemed to Vasu they fell in love.... Irrespective of the fact she did so much that Ranvir doesnt accept back Ragini but eventually as its said "Lie cant stay for long, truth has a ray of shine which overshadow's all sort of lie's ever" and Ranvir went back to Ragini he accepted her and all her plans and predictions fell flat on her face.....Now more complications she tries to create RagVir's trust and bond wud go thicker and inseperable and which makes you feel as a viewer that no matter what this female does RagVir wud reunite!

I dont know about Vasu, but i think Vasu's ego and her overconfident approach of using and cheating and insulting nyc ppl deserve this, she did everything to get things done her way... and now she is getting what she gave to others and its deserving for sure atleast it seems right now, her ego is deserving a big blow!!

It seems she did this all to satisfy her ego first then rest of the reasons, she wanted a beautiful bride for Aalekh as she challenged another female and she got it, ditto for RagVir as i stated before but destiny and god's grace they fell in love and she cudnt stop it!!

Luv,

Shagun

Edited by sweet_shagun - 10 November 2008 at 10:06am
desigrl05 IF-Sizzlerz
desigrl05
desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Okay, here are my anwers...

I think primarily Vasu is doing this because she has been doing it and has been getting away with it for so long, and Indrajit doesn't really want to take the family matters to hand/or rather lack of Vasu letting him take those matters in hand is what is causing the problem... the Rajvansh parivaar seems to be dictated by Vasu's decisions and thoughts, more over to even an opinion is not even granted...

So for all this to happen is a HUGE blow to Vasu's ego, I remember how Sadi felt bad at the beginning that she was trying to set up everything when everything is really up to God... I think Vasu still has to find this fact out that not everything is run by her but by God and what destiny has in for her and her family... Short to say: Vasu considers  herself God and all should worship her and agree to her decisions or else beware of her wrath...

I am not sure as to WHY she's doing this rather than to build of what she has in her mind as a perfect family, I am sure theres something been her and Ambika that might've happened that may have lead to this.. I wonder if Vasu and Ambika are sisters??

Even though it seemed like her plannings were foolproof, I think Kudrat and destiny  had a huge part to play and incidently turned the tables on her to where as she's going around and looking for help... I don't know if she deserves this, but what goes aroudn comes around... I hope Vasu learns from all this and becomes good before its too late and she looses everything
sweet_shagun IF-Veteran Member
sweet_shagun
sweet_shagun

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Alright i just edited my previous post with reply and my take nyc answers desigrl interesting to read!!

Luv,

Shagun
Kruthika.N IF-Veteran Member
Kruthika.N
Kruthika.N

PPAW Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 11 November 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Edited my post, everyone else pls do post ur views... this is a wonderful topic, and wud love to hear all ur array of views :)
vipashi Groupbie
vipashi
vipashi

Posted: 11 November 2008 at 4:42pm | IP Logged

Like what Kruthi mentioned. Vasu is doing what every mother want for her child. She goes beyond just wishing, she takes steps to get it done. Only problem is that she doesn't realize that she is hurting people.

It is hard for Vasu to realize that some things are just not in your hands. Even though she considers herself perfect, she has a son who is not, even though he is good looking. For Vasu, everything is superficial and she doesn't see inside a person. If she has she would have realized that Choti Maa is such a great person. Only thing she did was to use her.

I believe that this thing with Ragvir should teach her some lessons that should have been taught to her years ago.

ASRdeewani Goldie
ASRdeewani
ASRdeewani

Posted: 22 November 2008 at 6:06am | IP Logged
i think she is just overall a  bad person her plans could be a sucess but this could result into her son's life being destroyed .she is a very mean and spiteful character who is selfish and cares for her status more than her own son!

p.s i think seema kapoor is doing a great job playing vasudhara rajvansh she really captures how vasu would act to different situations!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top