Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 08 November 2008 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Okay so i have 2  groups of friends whom i hang out with on a daily basis.
But when i hang out with one, i act totally different. And when i hang out with the other , i act different. And when i am at home i act different and actulley feel like myself.

I feel like I act fake just to fit in, and i dont know why i do that. It just happens. My sister even asked why do you act so different when you are around different people.

Why do i do this? And how do i stop? I dont act like myself, that's why sometimes i get tired of hanging out with them and just want to stay home...If i act like myself, i am scared, they'll think im annoying, or something...

Any suggestions?Ouch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why do i find my self acting fake?" in Advice Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

salt

Goldie

salt

Posted: 08 November 2008 at 6:34pm | IP Logged

hmm. Sometimes people often bring out a different side in you. For instance sometimes you have to deal with some people with the way they are (i.e. if they are bitchy, then you have to be bitchy) because its the best way to deal with them. You may be a really reserved, quiet, shy girl at heart, but out in public sometimes you are forced to be talkative. Is that what you are doing? or No?

Edited by Sonali06 - 08 November 2008 at 6:35pm

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 08 November 2008 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sonali06

hmm. Sometimes people often bring out a different side in you. For instance sometimes you have to deal with some people with the way they are (i.e. if they are bitchy, then you have to be bitchy) because its the best way to deal with them. You may be a really reserved, quiet, shy girl at heart, but out in public sometimes you are forced to be talkative. Is that what you are doing? or No?

Yeah, thats soo truee!! And i am pretty quiet and reserved, and  they do bring out a different side out in me...

thanks for the commentTongue

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 08 November 2008 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
well i think certain personality traits come out when ur with certain people.  with ur friends, a certain part of ur personality will come out, with family, a different side of u will come out.... i dont think its 'acting' or 'faking'.. unless u feel that ur being forced to be that way or u cant be urself.  then thats a problem.. but oherwise, i think its natural to act differently around different poeple.. like.. with friends u can be stupid, crazy, whatever.. but with other people, u will be different. 

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
You are not faking it because you want to... So I am not sure if I want to call it fake.  It's not... I definitely agree with Pinky.  When you're with different people, it's only natural to behave different.   I mean people can be all crazy with their friends, but they can't really be that with their professors, right?

Same's the case with different people.  You might be reserved and shy with some because maybe you're not that comfortable with them or maybe you don't want to share that side of you with them.

But then with other friends you can be totally unreserved and really outgoing....

Friend, that's life and that's how we are.  And those people are lucky who have people they can be with and behave different and be happy!

-Mahi

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pinky-

well i think certain personality traits come out when ur with certain people.  with ur friends, a certain part of ur personality will come out, with family, a different side of u will come out.... i dont think its 'acting' or 'faking'.. unless u feel that ur being forced to be that way or u cant be urself.  then thats a problem.. but oherwise, i think its natural to act differently around different poeple.. like.. with friends u can be stupid, crazy, whatever.. but with other people, u will be different. 

yeah, you are right..I am not forced to act that way it just happens..but sometimes i just get tired of hanging out with them sometimes thats probably why...i dont know..

thanks for your helpTongue

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

You are not faking it because you want to... So I am not sure if I want to call it fake.  It's not... I definitely agree with Pinky.  When you're with different people, it's only natural to behave different.   I mean people can be all crazy with their friends, but they can't really be that with their professors, right?

Same's the case with different people.  You might be reserved and shy with some because maybe you're not that comfortable with them or maybe you don't want to share that side of you with them.

But then with other friends you can be totally unreserved and really outgoing....

Friend, that's life and that's how we are.  And those people are lucky who have people they can be with and behave different and be happy!

-Mahi

You are right, i guess i didnt see it that way..

thanks for your helpEmbarrassed

pearls1124

Groupbie

pearls1124

Posted: 14 November 2008 at 7:20am | IP Logged

Well I don't if its called faking I even think all of us act different with our friends than we do with our parents atleast I do...

Like we can share almost everything with our friends but with the parents we cannot really do that most of the times -- some people can... Infact I think its good thing  that you act different with your friends but you should stay with them as much as you like not more than that I guess... but  always be yourself.  Do you share everything wtih them --- like you tell them everything about your personal life or Is it someone else that you share everything wtih because you don't like to be with your friends. When you don't like what they talk about or you don't share anything with them you don't wanna be with them -- these might be the reasons. I just hope that it helped.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top