Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 7:13pm | IP Logged

Hey Friends

How are you all...?
i had some problems with my internet connection...so isliye i've been kinda inactive at If..
i think you all must have missed meWinkLOL

So in the meantime i've been wondering about the different ways of expressing yourself...about how u feel, what you want to share etc..

Expressing How You Feel

Expressing yourself can help you keep in touch with how you are feeling. It can also release a lot of tension that you may be carrying around with you. Sometimes when people get out of touch with how they feel, their feelings burst out in situations or ways that are embarrassing or inappropriate.

Everyone needs some time to themselves to reflect on their feelings. Being able to express how you feel may help you make better decisons about what is right for you now.

---

i did some googling as well to find out the most common ways of expressing yourself...

Read on.........

Ways of Expressing Yourself

Finding out the best way for you to express yourself can be rewarding. You may find that you enjoy expressing yourself in a particular way, such as painting, playing sport, singing, drumming, or even doing something like kicking ball or yelling at a tree. If you don't know what way suits you, try some of the following suggestions.

Write About How you Feel

Writing may be a useful way to explore your feelings. Some people keep diaries, others just write down whatever comes into their head. You may want to write a story about whatever is happening in your life now or even make up a story based on some past event in your life. Writing poetry works for some people so you might like to try that.

Play Sport

Playing sport lets you express yourself in a physical way. There are plenty of opportunities to yell or curse or feel elated when things go well. Team sports allow you to express yourself and combine your energy with others both in verbal and non-verbal ways.

Draw or Paint

Even if you don't think of yourself as artistic, drawing and painting are useful ways of expressing yourself. No one else has to see what you do. You may just want to experiment with drawing lines, sketching, colours and so on.

Sing, Play Music, or Shout

Singing along to your favourite songs or playing a musical instrument is another way to express yourself. Sing in the shower or out in a park. If you play an instrument or sing regularly you may find that you even start writing your own songs or music to express how you feel.

Dance

Dance is a form of self-expression. Put on some music at home or go out and dance as much as you like.

----

There are 5 ways of expressing yourself listed here....

So now you share....what way do you use to express yourself..?
If u use Other ways of expressing yourself..please feel free to add them as well!Wink

Looking forward to your answers....Big smile

Love,
Gracella

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Expressing How You Feel...." in Chit Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
as for me..

Through writing....

I am like the type of person who likes to read and write. I love to write poems to express myself.  i even have had 2 diaries and am holding my 3rd diary right now..

If one day i feel very strongly, angry, upset ...i write about it...
It makes me feel so good afterwards...
I also like to write in my diary when i'm very very happy..

the poems which i've written are also always about my feelings...
I have written poems about family, friendship and love

I also love to express my thought through the posts i make..here at CC forum..or my paranormal section etc..

Love,
Gracella

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
well.. for me.. i'd say, writing.i used to write a diary, i had about 3-4 of them..now i don't, but sometimes wheni need to express myself.. i write down whateve rthta comes to my mind..sometimes a story, or just random thoughts.. and ocassionaly, i draw.

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pinky-

well.. for me.. i'd say, writing.i used to write a diary, i had about 3-4 of them..now i don't, but sometimes wheni need to express myself.. i write down whateve rthta comes to my mind..sometimes a story, or just random thoughts.. and ocassionaly, i draw.

hey Pinkzz..
wow we are so similar...againWinkLOL i mean th writing /diaries part..
draw...no no...i can't draw sadly...i wished i couldEmbarrassed

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 3:49am | IP Logged
woww gracie great topic hmm we know u were busy fixing up ur internet connection rt hehehehehe
i express by singing like if am happy i sing but if i am upset i share it with true frds like u hehehe now dats a type of writing nah tho i used ti write diary but not anymore as it can make things go worse too so just to be on da safer side i stopped

Lovers Ka Love

IF-Rockerz

Lovers Ka Love

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 3:20am | IP Logged
I am like the type of person who likes to read and write.
this iz sumthing, yOu have shOwn frOm ur pOst.. hehe.. just kiddin Grace.. 
ne ways.. hey, all yOu..hOw dOin
well, frankly speaking, i use tO express my anger and wanna shOw the hyper in me to all the peOples.. i really wanna shOw them hOw angry persOm, i am. 

Girl_2007

IF-Rockerz

Girl_2007

Posted: 26 December 2008 at 5:17am | IP Logged

among the above written ways, i express my feelings through writting, painting/drawing, singing and composing, and when im happy, dancing.

but i dont express my sadness usually, i just come to IF, and it cheers up me.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 26 December 2008 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
I definitely express myself through writing - it's just my kind of thing.

Even when I am not writing about myself and my feelings, and even when I am writing a story, many of characters express me, my worries, and my life at times.  I think when you can't express everything you want to, then the best way is to write it.. Whether or not you share with anyone else is a different story.

I also express myself by dancing.... But this mode of expression is mostly used when I am very happy or am in a great mood.

I also express myself by drawing/painting.   I have countless drawings and paintings where I have done what I wanted to - express myself.

Great topic, Gracy!

-Mahi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top