Updates by Prachi4AJ - No comments pls.

Posted: 18 years ago

Hiya Sweethearts,so I See that there's No - One to Update this Forum right now at this point of time.So I Thought that I Might as well do the Honours for Today.😊

Well,there was No Action today as such.there was only a brief Introduction of all the Couples, All of them barely said the same sentence : " We DONT Know a thing about Dancing ".😆

The Host and Hostess are Shabbir ( of Kahiin Toh Hoga fame ) and Sangeeta Ghosh ( of Rabba Ishq Na Hove Fame ).The Judges are Saroj Khan,Farhaan Akhtar and Malaika Arora.And of course we are all well-acquainted with the 10 couples.😉

Then there was also a brief Introduction of all the Choreographers ( All of the 10 couples have their separate Choreographers,basically 2 for each couple ).And all of them were constantly Flattering each - other,the choreographers said " The couples are very good " and the Couples said that " No,the Choreographers r very good ". I guess they've taken this Inspiration of Cross-flattery from the Manish Malhotra Show.😆

Well that was it for today,though at the end we did ahve the hosts ( Shabbir and Sangeeta ) muttering a few " Double-Meaninged " Sentences for the couples.( Go Figure ! 😉 )

Tommorow's Preview :

Past the " Formal " Intros,the couples will now show their True Colors in the Practice Sessions and hints are that we will have a Fame Gurukul Part - 2 with the the Conspiracies,Politics,and Competition,So No more Mr.Good Guy ! So Keep watching NB To find out more about the Famous Couples and to see ki " Kaun kitne paani mein hai ! 😉😆 "

So till we meet again,GoodNight Darlings....Pleasant dreams.😊😳😳😳

Okay sweethearts....so I am back again !

Surprise !!!!!

Today was certainly OnE BIG Surprise ! Who said these couples don't know Dancing ? In today's Practice Sessions,they were Actually giving Michael Jackson a Complex !

The Good ones,The Better ones......and,the Even Better ones.

I said this b'coz no couple was actually " Bad " in the practice sessions ( Though I dont Give a Gurantee of the Final Ones ).But still,some1 has to be " the Best " and today,the Best Dancing skills were being Displayed by - Sai and Shakti ! Mihir and Maninee also seemed to give them Tough competition.

Passion IS the word Kiddo !

Well,today,There was One couple that was really setting my Television Screen on Fire ( Water, Anyone ? ) And it was none other than the Unmarried One - Neeru and Amit ! They were dancing on the Song " Just Chill " But their Expressions made everyone thinkin as if the song was " Bheege Hoth Tere " .Now this Couple is bound give other couples a Complex in both - Their Dance life and Their Love Life..Me thinks....Cud " Unmarried " be the Key-word to this Passion ?

Bachche Man Ke Sachche ( ? )

Archana and Parmeet Better win this Competition,coz their Kids miss them sooo much ! They Even dont get to eat a proper Breakfast,or so they said ! .

Hide Hide Hide !

There were also one " Invisible " Couple today....Namely....Shilpa and Apoorva.Though Shilpa still came up to the Camera,but apne " Camera Shy " Apoorva was looking as if he was singing the song " Ye Kahaaaaannnn....Aaaaa Gaye hum ????? " Poor baby,he looked totally lost,as if he was looking for his " Kumbh ke mele mein Bichdha hua Judwaa bhai in the Camera Lens ! "

Kissie kissie....

Then There was Shilpa Kissing Apoorva.....on the Cheeks of course,what were u guys thinking huh ? ( hehehee....Naughty, Aint I ? ) And that was bound to give some Apoorva-Fans a hint of Jealousy....( Yeah...I admit,I was one of them ! )

Lauralssss and Hardysss

I can't understand one thing....Why Do Extremely Thin Husbands mostly get Extremely Fat Wives ? What a mystery man ! We had Delnaaz there pushing her husband so hard that it was Bound to give him a Slipped - Disc !

Tommorow's Preview :

Gala is the word Sweethearts ! Get ready to see ki " Kisne kya Gul khilaya hai ! " .It will be a One - and - a - half - hour special Episode....So be there Darlings !

So till we Meet again,here's Prachi Signing off ! Goodnight Sweethearts.....and....Pleasant Dreams......   

13th Update by rose82

Hello guys!!!!!!!!im not as good as prachi...i'm just about managing to do it..tho agar accha naho hai..pls dnt throw chappal at me

Ok..The D-Day for what we all waited has just begun!and my my....what a great show it was!!i thought the couples wud just about manage to shake a leg...but their performances shaked everybody!!sab hil gaye!!

The show started with lovely anchoring of pretty sangeeta ghosh (rabba ishq na hove) and flirty shabbir(kahii tho hoga) and believe me..he doesnt leave any opportunity to flirt!

They had given a sort of curtain raiser by dancing to 'kajra re' tunes.and so well they had danced!!!!!

Judges introduction

Young and dashing Farhan came first and said tht he wud be sad as he wud have to sit thr and watch..not dance........

Next came the chaiya chaiyya gal-Malaika...she looked really stunning(im always wondering how she manages it with a baby 2????)......when asked wht she looked forward to,she said wanted to see the couples enjoying...(shabbir ne malaika ko bhi nahi choda..)

And finally came lovely Saroj who said she wud try to find out a 'hira'...(why doesnt she try going to nakshatra??..oops..poor joke)

Couples ka jadoo

Actually...thr was a different intoduction round whr all couples were introduced.but for easy reading (and writing of course..)..im clubbing it with their performances.

here is a G.K point we all need to know..Voting is done by audience and the money collected thro' the voting goes to a charity supported by each couple.

SO here goes my review....

Couple 01:Poonam-Manish

When asked if Manish ran after Poonam to woo her,Poonam said that they ran after each other to woo each other..(?????????i cant imagine if they do this literally...)

They danced on the song Salaam Namaste title song.Good movements...beautifully carried over by poonam's expressions.Manish coordinated well 2.The final touch was when Manish twirled Poonam between his legs.(i know its difficult to imagine...but it was gr8!)

charity goes to PETA and some other animals orgainsation

Judges verdict:

Both danced very well..but poonam had more ada.their eyes were on poonam only.Saroj said she wud love to choreograph for them.

Malaika-5.        &n bsp;     Farhan-5,    ;     &nb sp;     Saroj-4

Total-14

Couple 02: Mihir-manini

When asked whther it was true tht they didnt have time for honeymoon (hai ram..! what are they asking on tv??) manini was so embarassed and said naughtily tht honeymoon ka kya hai...it can happen anytime..)

They danced on Chori chori,chupke chupke,sar se sarak jaaye...dupatta (whch movie?)and once again the dance was gracefully carried by Manini who wore a backless choli with the thread dangling till the ground...(sorta looked like a tail)       Mihir was more robotic and looked as if he wantd to run away.

charity supported by them is for AIDS victims

p.s:when asked later backstage..how manini felt..she said she wanted to go 2 the bathroom

Judges verdict:

Great package,amazing chemistry,u had a good time enjoying on stage together.impressed by choreography.

M-7         &nb sp;         &nb sp;     F-7                                S-7

Total -21

Couple 03:Amit-Neeru

onle couple to be engaged and not married...inshallah,they said,they wud get married soon if they get thru this show..(if not??????)

Tauba tauba (kaal) was the song they moved to.Neeru looked like she dropped straight from Arabian nights.Not much to say abt thier dance...they always looked like they were searching for someone else to elope with

Judges verdict:

Too thanda.no chemistry to be seen.the couples looked at they were'nt looking at each other.u look like group dancers (thts the worst comment any1 cud have)

M-4         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         F-3         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;  S-3

Total -10

Couple 04:Archana-Parmeet

This couple was exceptionally different in the sense tht they had met on a terrace and decided to marry in just 2 hours!!wow...dil se sochna!!!nahi...said archana...tht was dil se bewkoofi!!

Bunty aur babli ko complex dene vaale yeh couple bilkul tapori jaise aaye.

Beautiful interpretation of Dhadak Dhadak from B n B made me awestruck.very good movements,good expressions,good comic timing.The highlight was when Parmeet snatched Archana's dupatta and both of them curled under it and hugged each other.(Fevicol ka bajmood jod hai...tootega nahi..)

Judges verdict:

Very well danced,u enjoyed urself..B n b original dance also was not so good!Parmeet said to Saroj tht he concentrated on expression as she always used to say.

M:8         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         F:8         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;   S:8

total-24

Couple 03:Apurva-Shilpa

When asked how they met???Shilpa replied that they met in kanpur thru' a common frnd...and the frnd is......................guess who???(well...its obvious!the connecting link to their respective serials)-Rakshanda Khan!

India's version of Michael JAckson and aur uski bahen....this im saying b'coz Apu wore a MJ hat and Shilpa looked slick in a total body hugging pants.both full black....and jived to the tunes of Dus Bahane frm Dus.

Danced pretty well (me thinks...) ..good expressions by both.and very very cute...i liked them.

charity supported by them is for multiple sclerosis as shilpa had lost her dad to MS 5 yrs back...

Judges verdict:

U both looked very cute together.Your love and closeness,chemistry cud be seen in ur dance.well done.

M-6         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;     F-6                                   S-6

Total -18

Couple 06 :Manasi-Rohit

2 left feet Manasi was feeling little apprehensive..but their performance of MAin hoon na's dhing tara..dhing tara was quite ok.Their show was managed all the way by Rohit.Manasi rollicked her head so much tht i thought it wud roll off ...her dance was little stiff....,but she was cute.

Judges verdict:

Manasi was all the while supported by her husband.ur head was moving cutely like asha parekh in aaj aaja.but rhthym peeche aur ,manasi aage.

M-5         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;  F-5                                      S-3

Total-13.

Couple 07:Varun n Rajeshwari

Any special Brahmastra?????well Rajeshwari said no...but they wud try their best!

Bunty n Babli title song had them going gr8.Rajeshwari had danced with grace and Varun was catching up with her quite well..good show togther ..but me thinks ..aur thoda love dikhna chahiye.

Judges verdict:

very well rehearsed,but looked spontaneous.u complement each other.good steps.I know tht Rajeshwari was a good dancer..but didnt know tht Varun cud dance well 2.To which Rajeshwari said it was all his hardwork and dedication to practise and put up the show..

M-8         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;      F-8         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         S-9

total=25

Couple 08: Delnaz n Rajiv:

When Rajiv saw Delnaz the 1st time...he thought she was a firangi!!but Delnaz sweetly says 'im hindustani'

Great and different start of its the time to disco(kal ho na ho) ...Delnaz was really good 1st i thought tht delnaz dance kar rahi hai tho stage ka kya hoga??...but she had me completely wrong.it was her all th way.and i cud look no where else except her..so much energy!

charity goes to the blind

Judges verdict:

U have overcome ur fatness like me (Saroj) and danced so well...cnt just comment on ur dance..too good.

M- 8           ;           ;           ;     F-9    &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;    s-9

total = 26

Rajiv said he was scared of his father n dance to which malaika said tht his father wud definite;y be proud of his dance.DElnazconfessed tht she was very worried abt rajiv dancing.she just prayed to god to change her husband b4 the dance......but now she doesnt want to change!!!

im just posting this as i didnt have more place...i'll post a reply to this again in 10 min...

also i dnt remember the other couple's charities..so pls excuse me

Oct 13th update continued by rose82

I havent painted this part prettier as it was little difficult 4 me…hope u understand.

Couple 09:Sachin-Supriya

'sachinji...supriyaji....how do u feel to be part of this show??' asked Sangeeta

But Sachin said tht they were only Sachin-Supriya and not Sachinji......also tht they were very happy to be here...part of the young couples

What can I say abt this couple?they are the rockers of the show!show stoppers!!they vibed together on aaja re mahi from fida .their steps…their timing..everything was perfect.

Me thinks....the toughest competition for all other couples was this pair.i think they will go on till the end...they had so much enthusiasm and zeal in them...tht was not seen in few others....

The exact response was given by the audience itself who gave a standing applause for them

Judges verdict:

20 years ke baad bhi itni chemistry???wish I cud have like tht-malaika.
Farhan said tht he used to watch sachin when he was small.they all cud not just comment on their awesome performance.

Supriya said tht she danced for her 16 yr old daughter..(who had khushi ke aasu)

M=10,        F=10&nb sp;      S=10

total=30

Couple 10:Sai-Shakti

I cannot say abt others…but I didn't like their performance.i had expected much more…Sai came as if she was entering a miss India contest (she even had tht miss India tag around her waistand shoulder…and a crown)whatever tht was for….i didn't get??

They decided to dance on just chill frm maine pyar kyun kiya which is quite a good song…well..ok steps. i think their dance looked like a cassette was being fastforwarded!

i think this was the most stupidest ending any1 cud have for a dance.sai kicked shakti's bum which had    'just chill' written on it...and then sat on it..

Judges verdict:

Your chemistry was lackng,it was like an item being performed and not by real life couples(farhan)…and just as u selected just chill song…ur performance was as if u were running all along,u shd chill a bit..(saroj) ,…..very good,oomph was also seen (malaika)

M=4        &nb sp; F=4         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;   S=4

Total=12

So….here r the final results:

Sachin-Supriya =30

Delnaz-Rajiv=26

Varun-Rajeshwari=25

Archana-Parmeet=24

Mihir-Manini=21

Apurva-Shilpa=18

Poonam-Manish=14

Rohit-Mansi=13

Sai-Shakti=12    

Amit-Meeru=10

According to me the tough competitors were Sachin-Supriya,Archana-Parmeet,Delnaz-Rajiv,Rajeshwari-Varun .

ok....im signing off now!!!!!!!!byeeeeeeeeee......loads of love

and ya.....u r supposed to vote for ur fav pair by 14th october midnight.

the phone number is 1902 424 3333.u just have to dial the numver followed by 01,02...and so on for the respectives couples

and if u want to sms them...just sms NACH 01 or 02 or 03 to 123....as per the couple u wish for.....

and remember tht the money u spend goes for a good cause...charity..

so keep voting till 2morrow!!!!!!!

so..adios!!!!!!!!ta ta...

Hiya All my IF pals,😛

So...How's life ? And oops...Look at me,Iam such a stupid Gal 😆😳 Forgot To wish u all a Very Very Very Happy Diwali !!!!!!! 😳

And now,for today's Update :

Waaaaaaannnhhhhh ! 😭 Booohooohoooo ! 😭😭

No Guys I am not crying 😆 But The couples Certainly were ! 😭 Reason ? Farewell Of our Last week's Eliminated Jodi - Sai and Shakti......though Shakti Too Seemed a Bit Disturbed when Their name was called in the elimination Round......But apni Sweet n Mushy Sai Did Not At all Seem to be bothered about it ! She was Infact quite Satisfied And said that They Aren't going home as Losers...And That's what Matters ! Wait-a-go Girl ! that's the spirit ! 👏

Regrets,Frustrations,and Complains.......

No....I am not talking referring our Indian Raliway System 😆.....It was the Couples,specially the Choreographers who Did not Seem too Pleased with the Judge's Comments, Assesments and Reactions.Almost every Jodi's Choreographer Was saying the same thing - " The Judges,while Commenting,give so sweet comments that We start feeling confident,BUT later,when It comes to Scores........😭 "  Poor Guys.....It seems they're Singing " Kya se kyaaaaaa Hoo gayaaaa  😕😆 " The Only ppl who took the blame on themselves were Sachin and Supriya,who Held themselves Responsible for Their Surprising Let-down In the Gala.👏

Poojas,Crackers,Sindhoors,and Oh my God !!!

Confused na ? 😆 Okay I'll tell u what I mean :

The " Pooja " Meant for the Couple's Doing Laxmi and Ganesh Pooja on Diwali,in thier Homes.......I bet they were all praying to god - " Hey Bhagwaan ! Bas iss round mein hume eliminate mat karo ! Screen par vaise hi bahut rote hain,real Life mein toh Mat Rulao ! " 😆 

Crackers - Well All were having a Gala Time Bursting 'em....😛

Sindhoors - Now That was Total " Filmi " The way Apoorva was filling Sindhoor in Shilpa's Maang during the Pooja Brought back memories of the old 70's Movies where the Hero's Mother always died at the end 😉 Guess They've Started Practicing For the Retro special gala in full speed now 😆

" Oh My god ! " - Well.....That refers to Maninee,Man 😕 Tell me ? Do u think she looks like One of those old,Supressed,Sati savitri Woman who used to call their Husbands like - " Ajee Sunte Hoooo !!! " 😕😆 No na ? But today,She shocked the Living daylights out of me when she cama dressed in a full-saree-attire and Made me think whether She is practicing for the Role Of Parvati from Kahaani Ghar - Ghar ki 😆

Kabhi Daant toh Kabhi Gardan.....

NB seems to have become a disaster ground now,,,Especially for the ladies...On one hand we had Archana Puransingh Going to her Doc to Get her Neck Fixed 😆 and on the other we already Have Shilpa with her tooth...Saying " Ab mera Daant cement ho gaya hai....Ab koi Ghusa Bhi Maarega toh bhi nahi Nikalne wala " Anyone wants to give it a Try ? 😆   

Ek Shaam Diwali ki Nach Baliye ke naam......

So apart from Celebrating Diwali at their own houses,the Couples Also had A Diwali-special get-together at A Dhaaba ( Or so it seemed to me 😕😆 ) Well....If anyone here watched Fame Gurukul,Then lemme Tell u it was the same Dhaaba where Rex Dated Manav's Wife as a Gift for being the top student....Poor guy ( No,not Rex,I mean Manav 😆😉 )........So all the couples came there and had a Hell of a time with Apne Parmeet Acting as the Ghost,Sorry,Host 😆😉.....

Antakshiri,and the Centre of Attraction - Sachin

So Next,the Couples Had an Anatakshiri with Two teams - Girls and Boys,rather Men and Women 😆...all songs...ranging from Ramaiyya Vasta Vaiyya.....to Thande - Thande Paani se......to Yamma Yamma...to Raat akeli hai were hummed.......And when it comes to " Stealing the show", Apne Sachin is always Ready ! Dancing passionately to the Song - Raat akeli hai....he made it clear to everybody that His Secret Source Of Inspiration Is Mallika Sherawat 😉😆

Preview :

So Tommorow we'll get down to the parctice sessions and to what all the Couples are Best at - Acting ! How ? Arre Sab abhi bata doongi toh kal meri update kaun padhne aaega ? 😳 

So we'll meet again Sweethearts ! 😛

Okay so that's all for now.....My back is Aching ( Yeah,Side- affects of Lighting so many crackers 😆😳 ) So I'll now Get Down to doing what I love Doing the most - Sleeping ! 😆😳😳

Any queries ? Had a Bad day ? Want someone to share ur Problem ? Then Puh-lease Dont hesitate to PM me darlings ! Me there for all of u 24-7 ! 😳

So Goodnight....Sleep Tight....and Dont Fight ! 😳

Edited by prachi4AJ - 18 years ago
hello dears 😳
aaj ki episode thodi thandi thi..compared to yesterday..as they were only rehearsing n much of praising n support of each couple by someone close to them..(lo..meine poori episode ek hi line mein bata di... 😆 lolzzzzz)

Hume support do...
Ya..b'coz lots of couples had some1 or the other rooting for them.Like Rajeshwari's parents had said tht though rajeshwari is a dancer..varun is a hardworker.and surprise..suprise..hamara heart throb hrithik roshan(yessssss...hrithik 😳 )spoke abt archana n parmeet tht they were working very hard.(why,hrithik???well..b'coz they star in his home production kkrish..thts y..nahi tho mein soch rahi thi..yeh hrithik kaha se tapak pada.. 😕

Tense couples:
It cud be sense of competition or need to act a little bit at this stage..whtever it is..all the couples were a bit tensed..thinking wht will happen next..n will they be eliminated??

Rehearsal time:
Well..well..jus for some info..zabardast songs like 'chod do aanchal','nahi nahi..abhi nahi','yeh din jo aata hai ek din jawaani mein'...and lots more are gonna be thr...
did i hear..who's gonna dance on wht??im nt gonna tell tht..nahi tho kal mere ko likhne ka kya hoga.. 😆
but 1 thing i'd like to mention..this shilpa is getting on my nerves..i liked her..but she's jus too irritating..who's gonna tell her tht she's hamming here more than she does in kkusum?? 😕

bhagwaan aapka bhala karega..
errrrr...if u r thinking tht a little begging is going on..u r right 😉 ..but just tht here they r begging for votes 😕
sachin said tht kolhapure cable tv wale approached them to permit them to advertise their couple n sachin said ok..(hmmm...mujhe kuch gadbad lagta hai..isnt it supposed to be other way..? 😕 )
rajiv said kolhapure kya..puri india mere liye vote karega..(lets see to tht.. 😉 )

Fir se accidents...
now i know u all wud go 'ohhh noooooo..not again..'
actually archana ki 'gardan' ki band ab uski kamar tak pahunch gayi..now she's having problems with her waist n still she keeps on saying 'bach baliye'..
rajiv got the formula of getting more sympathy 😉 ..n tried to have some fun taking 3 tablets saying this is 4 this..tht is for tht..blah blah..so pls vote 4 me(keep it up rajiv..going jus on track 😉 )

Ab rajiv ne kiya..tho manish kya peeche rahega??he showed us poonam who waz having problem with her leg..

hai ram...is program ka naam seriously 'bach baliye' rakhna chahiye.. 😕 😆

well..thts all 4 today..i might have missed little bits..but i think i covered relevant part of it.

ok bye guyzzzzz..ab preview aur final kal hi bolungi.. 😉 😆 lolzzzzzz
Edited by rose82 - 18 years ago

hi everyone 😃

Ok...the theme for today waz 'Classic flavour naya zaayaka'..meaning the songs wud be 1970's one...but shd be presnted in modern manner (read remix 😉 )

The show began with curtain raiser by Sangeeta n Shabbo in zeenat aman n amitabh's song 'samundar' n the choreography was done none other than DJ Aqueel 😛

lets get into some action now...let me jus tell u 1 thing..just like how Varuni n Rajeshwar stole the show last time...this time 2 thr were show stealers..who???arey bhai...novel padne se pehle last page killer dekhoge kya?? 😉

Couple no.07:Rajeshwari n Varun

Yeh din tho aata hai ek din jaawani mein...lolzzzzzz..this waz wht they both danced to.varun tried to do ala amitabh bachhan with disco lights jacket but failed to do so.. 😭 rajeshwari as usual danced ok..but over all..not tht good.

Judges verdict:
Electrifying,sexy,gr8 steps,but energy was less n it was thanda...
no synchronisation,waz disappointed.u both did not tally each other..over all bad.

M:7         F:3            S:4
Total=14

Couple No.02:Mihir n Maninee

Mihir was the pardesiya here(pardesiya..yeh sach hai piya) n maninee tried to woo this britisher (yup..mihir wore those typical british soldiers costume with hair streaked).Well..to begin with Maninee wore a red skirt type which later was stripped off by mihir!i was aghast.. maninee wore shorts revealing her thighs..
as usual maninee had to do more of dancing

Judges verdict:
Repititive steps..maninee only danced tht too without grace.it looks like maninee put lots of effort to dance n tht doesnt look attractive to watch..it was a straigh dance with sincerity n sensuality.but physically..maninee was bad n it was unnecesary to strip off like tht

M:4         &nb sp;   F:4         S:3
total=11

now here a small row waz created..their choreographer went all abt saying how judges were impartial towards varun-rajeshwari..like even thought they said the couple were bad..they gave a 7..n he was defending himself..an all.. 🤢
to this the judges were shocked n saroj shut his mouth by saying thr were no remix steps (like a teacher..lol 😆 )

Couple No.01:poonam n manish

Here again i was little surprised to see poonam dancing abt in a small frock as if she borrowed it frm a 5th class kid. 🤢 ..Well..they vibed to the tunes of "lekar hum..deewana dil'
also same performance like b4..poonam waz better than manish expression wise n all stuff.

Judges verdict:
Good n different dance..but we also shd enjoy seeing ur dance.u danced out of sync.Costume was good.. 😕 ..pls comeback..

M:4        F:4        S:3
total=12

Couple no.08:Rajiv n Delnaz

ooooooooooooo...mehboooooba a mehbooooooba.. 😆 ya..whever i hear this song..i crack up.. 😆
well..both of them were like banjaarans n both did very nicely.delnaaz was turning around so many times n so badly tht i thot she wud faint suddenly 😆

Judges verdict:
Chemistry good,good dance..but just finetune it.ur choreographers underestimated delnaaz n gave her only turns..give steps.only rajiv danced well 2day

M:7        F:7         S:5
total=19

Couple no.03:Amit n Neeru
This couple put up quite a good show with 'keh du tumhe..ya chup rahu'..Neeru had a sporty look n was pretty.amit did an awesome job of the rap..a must watch😛 

Judges verdict:
Best so far...consistent since last time.commendable performance.we congratulate the choreographer.. 😃

M:9       F:8         S:7
total=24

Couple No.04:Archana n Parmeet

Now this is fun!!I think they were the show stealers.. 😛 Archana came on stage with a jhaadoo (jhadoo?? 😕) ya..b'coz she was a kaam wali bai..n parmeet was the cook with his choti
the concept was like this...the 'maalkin' wud just leave the house n just then parmeet leaves his cooking n both of them dance.it was soooooooooooooo funny n nice... 😆 u shd'nt miss this performance.
i loved it! 😳
n even the ending was superb n hilarious.. 😉

Judges Verdict:
Gr8 Dance with facial expressions.u have tht spark which works 4 u..
Good dance+comedy+sexy+expressions..everything was thr in ur dance..(thts true 😳 )

M:10        F:10       S:9
total=29 👏 👏 👏

Couple no.09:Sachin n Supriya

Again this couple was as usual a total show stealer.i cnt just explain to u how gr8 their dance was!! 😛
Supriya wore 2 plaits n hat n was looking so cute... 😳 both of them danced so well..tht im short of words..really..good steps.btw...i almost forgot to say tht they danced on 'chod do aanchal zamaana kya kahega..'

Judges Verdict:
What a comeback!You had everything in ur danceim speechless.it was like last time u just wanted to see how it was to dance not so well..n then came back to ur form. saroj had nothing to say except a jhakaas tapori type whistle..wow!!!😳

M:10       F:10 & ;nbs p;    S:10
total=30 👏

Couple No.05:Apurva n Shilpa

Shilpa's 'chadti jawaani..' seemed to impress everyone..again she wore a short ballet type skirt..well..she's making the most of this chance to wear all tht she wanted to.. 😉
Apurva was cute with his expressions...

Judges Verdict:
Above our expectations,fabulous dance,congratulations to choreographer too. u had a hunger to win n thts gr8!

M:9        F:8         S:8
total:25

Thats it guys..its pretty much late already for me..so im cutting it short now..

The couple eliminated this time was,as every1 already knows..Mihir n Maninee

Maninee was very sportive n said tht all this was a learning experience..blah blah..(but it was nice whtever she said)
Mihir kept on adding in btw tht he's a good dancer.. 😛
Even their choreographer said tht as MIhir doesnt know anything abt dancing..he was proud of them.

p.s:Shilpa didnt plop this time!!!lets celebrate!!😆

So..im ending this here..today..my write up was so mechanical..tht im apologising for making it a bit boring.

Till next week...dil thaamke baitho!gudnight n sweet dreams all 😳

Edited by rose82 - 18 years ago

hi sweetoos, darlingoos and pumpkins! i know there has already been an update, but i just wanted to give you my take on the whole show, so i hope you like it!!!

Round number 4
3 Nov, 2005
Thursday

This week's theme was Retro Remixed and all in all, it was a great round, filled with some totally awesome performances, some thanda ones and some altogether disappointing performances. For the first time, we got to see some angry exchanges between the judges and choreographers. It was a dhamaakedaar episode laced with a wide variety of emotions: joy, disappointment, anger...  so here i am, to dissect and present a detailed review of yesterday's show, just for you!!!

OPENING PERFORMANCE BY SANGEETA AND SHABBIR:
Yesterday's Retro round kicked off with a superb performance by hosts Sangita Ghosh and Shabbir.  Honestly, I think Sangita is a far better dancer than she is a host, but of course, what we need is a complete package and Sangita definitely fulfils these requirements. Shabbir is, as we can now see, much better than when we started off. The music was remixed exclusively for Nach Baliye by DJ Aqeel, i guess we'll have to take Sangita's word for it! 

Samundar mein nahake... good song, good moves and good costumes! Sangita and Shabbir both looked good, and danced with a lot of energy. The moves were great and added a touch of sensuality to the whole performance!!! Sangita looked good in her retro-beach-babe avatar with the pseudo-wet-n-limp hairstyle! It looked very sexy! There's no denying it, they do share some good chemistry and look fabulous together. Dazzling performance, a lot of enthu too! This is what we call: kicking off with a bang! 

THE JODIS

Now, we are left with only eight jodis, Ronit-Manasi and Sai-Shakti having been eliminated in previous rounds. We have entered the fourth week, and as we can see very clearly, the competition is getting more difficult and tensions are slowly escalating what with injuries and the contestants facing the judges' frank criticism.

Jodi no. 07: Varun-Rajeshwari

Song: Yeh din to aata hai ek din jawaani mein...
To be honest, I watched Rajeshwari throughout and she HELD my attention throughout. She is a fabulous dancer, and moves very gracefully. Varun, in  contrast looks quite awkward alongside her. But as a jodi they stand out as being among the cream of the present crowd. Despite his two left feet, Varun has definitely improved! Wouldn't you agree? especially after last week's performance... and he definitely deserves applause for that!

As far as the dance goes, the moves were not exactly eyecatching, but the beats were unquestionably foot tapping, though Varun tended to go wrong with his footwork here and there. Rajeshwari was her usual enchanting self and danced with her trademark poise and grace. What usually makes this jodi a treat to watch is Rajeshwari's dancing skills and Varun's energy, but this time around, his energy was slightly lacking, perhaps because he'd been shuttling back and forth between shoots and rehearsals... I don't blame him!

Another point that caught my eye immediately, was that absurd-looking wire trailing behind Varun. It did look funny and probably narrowed down the possibilities in choreography. And the judges were very quick to point out that they weren't impressed with the movements. Besides, the light-bulb costume was totally pointless here, as it made no difference or contribution to the performance, rather, it hindered their work.

Rajeshwari looked very pretty and 'sexy' in her whole 'avtaar' as Malaika, looking very good herself in a nice green sari, put it. I loved her costume and it went beautifully with the choreo and especially in the opening postures. I loved her hairstyle! Very mehbooba! Plus she used her hips very well!

I loved the short circuit thing that Varun did in the end (Rajeshwari's pose was very sexy)... a very cute ending to a good dance!

Overall: good performance, but a bit of a let down in the context of last week's performance. Nice remix, good costume (Rajeshwari's), except that it didn't go well with Varun's. Rajeshwari was convincing as Mehbooba, but Varun seemed to blunder a little through his portion, but he was very energetic, if not as much as usual.

Judges' remarks:
Malaika: electrifying for all the obvious reasons! But a bit thanda...
Farhan: synchronisation not good
Saroj Khan: I am disappointed... Amitabh and Mehbooba acts don't tally

Marks:
Malaika: 7/10     Farhan: 3/10     Saroj Khan: 4/10     Total: 14/30 
My marks: 21/30

Jodi no. 02: Maninee-Mihir

Song: Pardesiya, yeh sach hai piya...
Well, it didn't impress anyone, not even me! It was clear that Maninee was overdoing her act. Her make up looked more like thick layers of face paint and her movements seemed strangely strained for a good dancer like her. Mihir was neither better nor worse. He's stagnated, performance wise. But on the whole, it was not very entertaining. Though I did enjoy Mihir's pardesiya act and get up. It was cute.

I definitely HAVE to applaud the sensuous element here. Maninee is very good at that and Mihir often does a good job of it! That particular portion came of spotlessly! One of the few pros of this performance!

But things started to go downhill when Maninee's skirt came off. Firstly, it didn't look too good and secondly, it didn't really have any relevance there, I agree with Saroj Khan. Maninee's grace has just disappeared, hasn't it? But i liked the song. Good beats, nice moves.

Overall: lukewarm performance... costumes were the biggest problem here

Judges' remarks:
Malaika: equal effort required from both, Mihir has been given less steps
Farhan: Just a straightforward dance with sensuality attached. Mihir may have been unable to keep up with the beats, but I appreciate his sincerity (or something in that vein). There's was too much effort from Maninee's end... it was visible and that's not an attractive thing to see.
Saroj Khan: Maninee is very graceful but the choreographer is not using her grace. Bad.

Marks:
Malaika: 4/10     Farhan: 4/10     Saroj Khan: 3/10     Total: 11/30
My marks: 15/30 

Jodi no. 01: Poonam-Manish

Song: Lekar hum deewana dil...
This was one of the middl-lish performances. Neither here nor there. Let's take look at the pros first. So, we have some entertaining choreography, totally mast, rocking beats and some great energy and enthu! Poonam and Manish have definitely come a looong way! Manish was very good this time (as though he wasn't last time!) and Poonam did a good job. Very good choice of song. It fit perfectly well into the Retro theme/category.

I was totally fida over that twist step somewhere in the beginning. So, this is one of the best performances in terms of choreography and execution of the choreography. But this is where we come to the negative aspects.

Firstly, the most blatant point. The steps were undoubtedly rocking, but taking Poonam's build into view, the steps didn't look good on her, because they were vigorous and required a lot of movement. Manish managed just fine, but he fumbled a bit with his chadi, but he managed to get back on track quite fast, and that's good. The costumes now: well, considering the context, the costumes were apt. But dear designer, I do wish you had taken Poonam's ability to carry them off into mind. I AM NOT CRITICISING POONAM HERE, but i want to mention that sometimes, some people do not look good in certain clothes. That's all...

Overall: a very entertaining show. Fun to watch. I liked the ending step. In all, good music, good choreography, OK costumes! Nice job Poonam and Manish!!!

Judges' remarks:
Malaika: You were out of sync... and made mistakes
Farhan: You enjoyed yourselves, but i wish i had enjoyed it too
Saroj Khan: Steps have been repeated, choreographer had nothing new to offer, you need to have beautiful movements. Good costumes. You were nervous, but i give you that much space and margin.

Marks:
Malaika: 5/10     Farhan: 4/10     Saroj Khan: 3/10     Total: 12/30
My marks: 20/30

Jodi no. 08: Delnaaz-Rajeev

Song: Mehbooba, mehbooba...
Mehbooba, mehbooba... ooooooooooooooooooh!!! aaaaaaahh! Awesome re! This one sailed right into my heart and straight into my voting finger. Yes, this was a  fabulous performance and before I say anything else, let me finish blabbing about the costumes. Delnaaz was an absolute vision in her costume... loved the colours and it simply took my breath away when she swirled and twirled in that skirt. Flowing, cascading, floating, sparkling, dazzling, graceful, gorgeous!!!

I loved the sequins and the way they sparkled there! Invoked an image of those mysterious gypsies or arabian bellydancers. Enjoyed watching that skirt more than anything else... hahahaha. And Rajeev too looked very good. I must say, their costumes were mah-vellous!

Very graceful moves, very arabian in my opinion. Great energy. I'm sure a lot of effort went into it, but Delnaaz made it look like a dream... she made it look effortless and was at complete ease. They looked comfortable and as far as I can tell, they were enjoying themselves!!! Those swirling bellydancer movements were absolutely AWESOME!

Rajeev was great this time. He added his own charm to it and the judges were most definitely charmed! He even kicked off with a very nice somersault! Delnaaz looked just like a doll! Great music. A classic masterpiece presented in a new andaaz, very good music! Applause please!!!

Overall: Fantastic job, superb chemistry... no further words from me!!!

Judges' remarks:
Malaika: You have worked very hard and taken into account our criticism. Rajeev was very enthu.
Saroj Khan: she seemed impressed with the whole thing! Who wouldn't be?

Marks:
Malaika: 7/10     Farhan: 7/10     Saroj Khan: 5/10     Total: 19/30
My marks: 25/30

Edited by sugar bun - 18 years ago

Jodi no. 03: Neeru-Amit

Song: Keh doon tumhe, ya chup rahoon...
A very popular gaana, in a very popular remixed format! In my opinion Amit and Neeru's best performance after the 'o meri maina' comedy one, is this! I simply adore their cute bubblegum look (for want of any other term)... both looked absolutely cute. Amit in his DJ get-up stole my heart! It looks as though he was meant to be a DJ! nd Neeru looked very sweet in that pink-and-white top! Loved her hairstyle too.

Hey amit... great costume bro!Nice jacket! He dances well and so does Neeru. Neither one is an exceptional dancer and that puts both partners on an even footing, which is a refreshing change. Both pulled it off superbly, with a lot of ease and they were having fun on stage! It was visible!

Good music! Slightly slow number. They worked well with the song and it's beats. Their moves were well synchronised and they danced exactly on-beat! Amit's rapping was nice and Neeru's bathrobe bit was good too! Though I must mention that the bathrobe looked funny!

Good choreography. Simple, uncomplicated steps, but eyecatching nevertheless! It was a good package in all! Awesome chemistry darlings! Amit and Neeru served up both biology and chemistry as promised post episode one! And in Retro style!!! Sometimes sensuous, sometimes cute! I love this jodi!!! They show enormous promise and potential.

Overall: I would definitely put them alongside the best of the jodis right now! They made a cute picture together! Awesome chemistry!

Judges' remarks:
Malaika: Loved the rap!
Saroj Khan: Good job! Good choreography!

Marks:
Malaika: 9/10     Farhan: 8/10     Saroj Khan: 7/10     Total: 24/30
My marks: 22/30

Jodi no. 04: Archana-Parmeet

Song: Nahiin nahiin, abhi nahiin...
Waah waah!!! Archana and Parmeet combined sensuality, comedy and a retro theme to deliver this delectable performance that just refuses to leave my memory! Archana is simply ribtickling as the bai and Parmmet's swinging choti is no less hilarious! Archana swings her jhaadu and Parmeet, his choti! But whatever they were swinging, the audience was swinging too! I loved this one, and I'm going to put it at the top of my rankings!!!

Good costumes. Archana's marathi sari is cute and i liked the props too. THe jhaadu did it's bit and swept away the competition! It looked very funny as Archana waved it at Parmeet. Their expressions were awesome and the retro touch although accompanied by sprinklings of comedy and sensuality was everything but invisible!!!

Fabulous energy, and sizzling chemistry. Excellent expressions! The hip movements were executed very well by Archana and Parmeet was his usual energetic, enthusiastic self and the stage lit up with their chemistry!! They are a formidable pair on the dance stage, a force to reckon with!

My favourite bits were the jhaadu waving bit, yahaan aao, na ghabrao, rut hai mulakaat ki... part, phir kabhi dildaar part and the ending 'memsaab' bit! Some were out-and-out comedy, others were sensual, but every portion was in keeping with the retro theme... Both looked very convincing in their respective roles... and Archana looked as though the role had been created exclusively for her... lovely performance! These two take the cake! Really!

Overall: FANTASTIC!

Judges' remarks:
Malaika: Perfect example of great dance with amazing facial expressions. You really have a spark in you, even on a bad day... it really, really, really works for you!
Saroj Khan: I noticed 3 things: dance, comedy and sensuality with facial expressions. Very very very good, choreographer keep it up!

Marks:
Malaika: 10/10     Farhan: 10/10     Saroj Khan: 9/10     Total: 29/30
My marks: 30/30

Jodi no. 09: Sachin-Supriya

Song:
Chod do aanchal, zamaana kya kahega...
These two dance better than some of the other younger couples and they do it like they've been doing it for years and years. That spark of chemistry is very much alive and crackling after about 20 years of marriage! On to the performance now!! Chod do anchal... the Bombay Vikings remix... this is one of my favourite remixes and I love the dance beats. There's ample scope for dance in this song, and the choreographer has utilised it all expertly.

Supriya looks very young, and fresh, and pretty, and bright. Sachin was his usual charismatic, energetic, enigmatic self! This couple adds a unique flavour to every one of their performances and this is one of their better performances. I simply loved their costumes! Supriya's topi, cute braids, and the and the glove-thingies! Just LOVED them! And Sachin's costume was cool too, with the shiny collar and things!

The choreography was very nice and they performed some steps that I wouldn't trust some of the younger couples with! It's amazing how much energy and enthusiasm they have! And everything put together contributes to a dazzling winning performance! The moves were fresh and entertaining. I loved the puppet act in between! As they say, chemistry and romance, like wine, get better with age! They sure make a stunning jodi here don't they?

Great Job Sachin and Supriya! They are on a winning spree now, back to the top of the scoreboards after Varun-and-Rajeshwari's one week reign! Let's watch and find out how much longer they dominate the scoreboards!!!

Overall: Captivating moves, mindblowing energy, confidence, loved the puppet stuff! Great music, great beats!

Judges' remarks:
Malaika: 'What a comeback!' According to her, there were all varieties of dance! Jive, hip-hop... 'That's dance! Fabulous!'
Farhan: 'I'm completely speechless!'
Saroj Khan: She actually whistled! No words! Just a whistle and the thumbs-up! 

Marks:
Malaika: 10/10     Farhan: 10/10     Saroj Khan: 10/10     Total: 30/10

Jodi no. 05: Shilpa-Apurva

Song: Chadthi jawaani meri chaal mastaani...
This couple is undoubtedly the cutest one on this show! Apurva with his cute boyish looks and Shilpa with her endearing vivacity! Chadthi jawaani... nice song, good music and an overall good performance. It's one of those rare occassions, that I watched the husband more than I did the wife! I usually pay more attention to Shilpa, but this time Apurva went all out and performed very well!

They looked very cute: Shilpa, like a doll with her curls, in her tutu-like stiff ruffled skirt and Apurva in his white shirt and green cargoes(?)! Hey I Just loved the sleeves on his shirt!!! He looked quite dashing or rather cute and adorable in his get up. With her tooth back in place, Shilpa is ready to knock out the teeth of the other couples! And Apurva looked more than happy to have his smiling Shilpa back, and Saroj Khan too, echoed this sentiment.

These two are my favourites after the show-stealing Varun-Rajeshwari jodi! The choreography was good, but I had this feeling that several steps had been repeated or recycled from previous performnces... or had they? The 'woh hai sheher ki raani' portion, (the second picture) was beautiful! Apurva dances well, I've noticed that now, nd he does a good job of the steps given to him...

He dances with a lot of energy, and his lean frame permits him to do so... Shilpa was as good as usual, if not better, with her smile back she looked all fresh and new! There was some nice chemistry there, nd a major chunk of it came from Apurva's end, but hey! this jodi would be nowhere without Shilpa right? Right!

Overall: Nice music, good dance! Good chemistry and a very good feel!

Judges' remarks:
Malaika: 'You'll have not only been above my expectations, you'll have gone way above my expectations! Fabulous!' 
Farhan: 'You've always danced well. Is round mein what made it special, is that there was a hunger to win.'
Saroj Khan: 'Very good job. Nice techno movements, suited the costumes. The jawaani was very good, I could see it! Choreography: very good.'

Marks:
Malaika: 9/10     Farhan: 8/10     Saroj Khan: 8/10     Total: 25/10

The Scoreboard:

8 Jodi No 09 Supriya-Sachin 30 Points
7 Jodi No 05 Shilpa-Apoorva 25 Points
6 Jodi No 01 Poonam-Manish 12 Points
5 Jodi No 04 Archana-Parmeet 29 Points
4 Jodi No 07 Rajeshwari-Varun 14 Points
3 Jodi No 08 Delnaaz-Rajiv 19 Points
2 Jodi No 03 Neeru-Amit 24 Points
1 Jodi No 02 Maninee-Mihir 11 Points

As you can see from the scoreboard, Maninee-Mihir were left with bottom-of-the-table scores, and so they were eliminated, while the seven other jodis made the cut. They will now begin rehearsals for next week's show. Here's what Maninee, Mihir and their choreographer, Dareen Das had to say:

Q: Are you disappointed being eliminated?
Maninee: not at all.infact I am feeling relieved. At least now, I get a chance to go on a short honeymoon.

Q: Your experience at Nach Baliye?
Maninee: the entire experience of being on a reality show is fabulous.
Mihir: for me it has been a learning experience. Atleast I learnt to dance.

Maninee: it was here that I realized the limit of my endurance.every experience teaches you. That's exactly is what Nach Baliye done to me.

Choreographer Darren: Inspite of their busy schedules, Maninee and Mihir would give all the time to the rehearsals. They have done a fantabulous job. Winning is important, but we accept defeat graciously.

To Vote:
Dial: 1902 424 3333 ( space, then attach the jodi's number)
SMS: NACH ( space, the add the jodi's number) and send it to 123

Next week's theme: Weddings!!! (awwww... that should be fuzzy, mushy n cute to watch!)

(pictures, interview and voting information from http://starone.indya.com/specials/nachbaliye/index.html)

love you all!!!!

hi everyone!! ok... my hand is suspended right above the keyboard, brain switched on to overdrive mode and eyes focused on the computer screen... you might ask... hey, what's going on? Well... it's just Swati getting ready to dish out another update as we move into the fourth week of apna nach baliye, where our very own TV star couples get down onto the dance floor to fight the 'battle of the beats'...

We all know what's special about NB! It is that the competing jodis are not only our very own beloved TV stars from our favourite soaps and shows, but also that they are MARRIED... so we get to see some REAL chemistry... I don't know if this is just a gimmick to raise TRP's, but yesterday, all us NB fans were treated to a special surprise, which was fun and sweet at the same time.

It's very rarely that we get to say that we learned something from a reality show... but what I can say after I watched yesterday's surprise package show is that, there is something to be learned from these famous jodi's after all... it's that... love arrives at anytime, and it comes in all shapes, sizes and colours...

So... you must be waiting to find out what this surprise hamper was... right?? ok... let's open it and find out! So... there you go... first, we have some sweet anecdotes from the couples' weddings and courtship days... a dash of khatte-meethe stories... a sprinkling of sweet memories... wedding albums... lots of colour and loads of love... and top it all off with some bright ribbons and confetti!

The episode started off with all the couples making the usual 'marriage-is-nothing-great' cliche statement... but then, they slowly opened up and revealed that it's all about companionship and growing old together... that was sweet...! The only jodi that didn't have too much to offer on the subject was Amit and Neeru... and that's understandable because they're not married yet!

Archana Puran Singh and Parmeet Sethi shared some cute, fuzzy incidents from their married life. Apparently, Parmeet was so broke that whenever he came to visit Archana, he'd borrow money for the fare (both ways) from HER. She talked about their courtship and said that Parmeet was a complete romantic. He used to bring her three red roses everyday, but at one point, she asked him to stop because the money for the roses came from her pocket. Archana said she regrets having changed Parmeet's romantic nature because NOW she misses those red roses!

Rajeev and Delnaaz: now, THIS is the jodi that can really bring a smile upon any face. What I found very cute was Rajeev's confession, that even though every man has a mental picture of the kind of jeevan saathi he would like, HE had never expected to find someone as 'gori, khoobsurat, sweet' as Delu! That really made me go awwwwwww... it was sweet...

We were treated to some scenes of the pair of them whizzing around town on Rajeev's bike...

Poonam, Shilpa and Rajeshwari were busy with Karwa Chauth and I enjoyed watching them with their families, doing their pujas and having fun!!! Rajeshwari mentioned that Varun had proposed to her in seven different ways... that was cute! Apu's mom said that Shilpa was just like the bahu she had always wanted... all the jodis were in happy-happy romantic moods as if there is no competition to look forward to!

in short it was a totally fuzzy and mushy episode...!