Yeh Meri Life Hai

India-Forums

Yeh Meri Life Hai
Yeh Meri Life Hai

Why do they always show women 2 b weak?? (Page 3)

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 23 January 2005 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
That's a good one, sonynyu Clap

A lot of the things u're saying are what I'm saying too... she IS taking the easy way out and she IS lacking in a personality and character of her own. What's worse though, is that she had no idea at all how to get out of the bad situation she was in (same reason, she dosn't think for herself) and can't be pro-active even now, when she's recovering from the trauma and can see things more clearly. She has led a very sheltered life, a happy life, no major ups-and-downs, no goals really to strive for. Wherefrom do you think she will suddenly get the realization that she is a strong, capable person who can make her own decisions?

When they show Poornima to perceive herself as such a helpless character, it in no way detracts from Pooja's strength.. in fact the contrast becomes even more apparent. Poornima is someone who you can either sympathize with (!) or cock a snook at, but you can never aspire to BE like her. She is a victim of her own circumstances and dosn't even realize it. She dosn't take responsibility for her actions. All I am saying is, that its understandable, considering her nature and her upbringing. That dosn't mean it's the right thing to do.. of course it isnt!

As far as 'standards' go, most of us posting on this forum are city-bred educated ppl. Poornima has a simple, small-town mentality - and if you observe the social setup, she does not have the liberties that many of us take so easily for granted. we can't expect her to react the way we would to certain situations... we have advantages and choices that she does not.

as for her 'lucking out', that's hindsight isn't it? at the time, she just did what was expected of her. she lost her fiance the day of her wedding - would you call her lucky? u r assuming that SHE was looking for someone to burden with herself and her baby. i'm contending that she simply dosn't have that kinda mental make-up - she would have done anything her elders begged her to do. Don't you think that if she had the means, she would have preferred to raise the baby on her own? It's always a trade-off between what we want to do.. and what we can do.

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 25 January 2005 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Honestly, I think Poornima would have preferred to take her life away in such a circumstance. I don't she's the type of person who would be able to raise the kid on her own- but like you said, maybe if she was more like Pooja- ie. more educated- she might be able to. I understand your point about her mentality- she was raised in such a society that I guess she didn't have much of a choice. I still feel that time was on her side- Milind died and right away she found out she was pregnant. If she wasn't lucky or if time wasnt on her side, she would have found out later when Ronit may not have been there to marry her.  

Go to top