Members Lounge

What Do U Think About First Muslim President Of US (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

ummmmm

ummmmm

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Originally posted by ummmmm

Originally posted by crazy_craze

He's NOOTTTT muslim. He's African American :D

true that he's not muslim, but you can be african american and still be muslim.

True, but the fact here is that most people relate being African American with being Muslim which is not true.  The fact is that he's an African American but not a Muslim.... But I don't see what's the big deal anyways even if he was a Muslim.

-Mahi

no, i don't think that's the case. it's not that most people relate being african american with being muslim, but the fact that obama's middle name (hussain) points to him being muslim. however, like i said, obama's not muslim. in any case, i don't see the big deal about this either, but, of course, that's a biased statement coming from me since i am muslim myself. i think it's just paranoia.

Yeah I agree, that his middle name makes people think if he's a Muslim but the point is that people adapt to names of the culture they grew up in.... Sometimes it doesn't have anything to do with belonging to that religion.  But I do know that many people do think that many African Americans are Muslims.. 

i don't really understand what you're saying where i italicized...

of course there are people who think that many african americans are muslim because the fact is that many are muslim. however, at the same time, there are many people who don't realize that african americans can be muslim too. our prime example would be the comment "He's NOOTTTT muslim. He's African American :D" clearly, the person who made this comment differentiated between muslims and african americans. he/she did not realize that a person can be african american and still be muslim. therefore, saying that someone is african american isn't really saying much about his religion.

i think this is the reason why the media focused more on obama's middle name to indicate that he's muslim rather than on his race; being african american doesn't prove that someone's muslim as much as a muslim name could prove having muslim roots.

I do agree about that, and to explain what I was saying, there are many Christians in India to have Indian names... I Know for a fact.... it's not that they are Hindus but that's where they were born and grew up and so those names were their names.  It's same with Obama... it's not that he's a Muslim so he has that middle name but his dad was a Muslim and he gave him that middle name....  I mean what really is so weird about that?  It doesn't matter what a person's name or religion is. All that matter is whether or not they are capable of becoming a good leader, which I believe Obama is.

-Mahi

< ="http://india-forums.com/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&POID=18998816&ID=1411" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" width="600" height="250">

yeah, i completely agree with what you're saying. i definitely think that it shouldn't matter whether obama (or anyone, for that matter) is is black, white, muslim, hindu, jewish, whatever. all that should matter is whether or not he/she is capable of being a good leader. like you, i believe that obama is certainly capable of good leadership.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What Do U Think About First Muslim President Of US (Page 4)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

iiHEARTyu-x0

IF-Rockerz

iiHEARTyu-x0

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 2:24pm | IP Logged

GUYSSS obama was muslim before!

he just changed his religiion when he was in his teens,
becausee idk why he changed it

but ohh well, he won yaa

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 08 November 2008 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
he's not Muslim, though. his father was, I think, but Obama isn't

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
His Dad was a Muslim and Mom was a Christian so it's hard to guess which religion he followed... but he said he was not a Muslim and at this point I believe him.

-Mahi

jaymayarya

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

jaymayarya

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
hes not muslim =]

Maria_Exotiika

Groupbie

Maria_Exotiika

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
im not sure if he's really muslim anywayzzz im muslim =)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top