Members Lounge

What Do U Think About First Muslim President Of US - Page 3

ummmmm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
This content was originally posted by: -Mystery-

Yeah I agree, that his middle name makes people think if he's a Muslim but the point is that people adapt to names of the culture they grew up in.... Sometimes it doesn't have anything to do with belonging to that religion.  But I do know that many people do think that many African Americans are Muslims.. 

i don't really understand what you're saying where i italicized...

of course there are people who think that many african americans are muslim because the fact is that many are muslim. however, at the same time, there are many people who don't realize that african americans can be muslim too. our prime example would be the comment "He's NOOTTTT muslim. He's African American :D" clearly, the person who made this comment differentiated between muslims and african americans. he/she did not realize that a person can be african american and still be muslim. therefore, saying that someone is african american isn't really saying much about his religion.

i think this is the reason why the media focused more on obama's middle name to indicate that he's muslim rather than on his race; being african american doesn't prove that someone's muslim as much as a muslim name could prove having muslim roots.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This content was originally posted by: ummmmm

lol..i don't know if you're being sarcastic or what 😆

Lol donot take me wrong I am not that kind of person. No personal, I did explain that what ever you hear on the news you take that as the fact. No hard feeling !! I know that very well that yes sometimes they do take further more than needed friend !!
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: ummmmm

i don't really understand what you're saying where i italicized...

of course there are people who think that many african americans are muslim because the fact is that many are muslim. however, at the same time, there are many people who don't realize that african americans can be muslim too. our prime example would be the comment "He's NOOTTTT muslim. He's African American :D" clearly, the person who made this comment differentiated between muslims and african americans. he/she did not realize that a person can be african american and still be muslim. therefore, saying that someone is african american isn't really saying much about his religion.

i think this is the reason why the media focused more on obama's middle name to indicate that he's muslim rather than on his race; being african american doesn't prove that someone's muslim as much as a muslim name could prove having muslim roots.

I do agree about that, and to explain what I was saying, there are many Christians in India to have Indian names... I Know for a fact.... it's not that they are Hindus but that's where they were born and grew up and so those names were their names.  It's same with Obama... it's not that he's a Muslim so he has that middle name but his dad was a Muslim and he gave him that middle name....  I mean what really is so weird about that?  It doesn't matter what a person's name or religion is. All that matter is whether or not they are capable of becoming a good leader, which I believe Obama is.

-Mahi

< ="http://india-forums.com/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&POID=18998816&ID=1411" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" width="600" height="250">
AsliiGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
""All that matter is whether or not they are capable of becoming a good leader, ""

So truee mahiii - I think Obama is more of a warm person, he is truly a Global Leader that the US needs to help our relationship with countries..Mr.Bush was not that great in that aspect..
Obama feels "warm" with ppl across the world, mostly every1 luvs him.
ummmmm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I do agree about that, and to explain what I was saying, there are many Christians in India to have Indian names... I Know for a fact.... it's not that they are Hindus but that's where they were born and grew up and so those names were their names.  It's same with Obama... it's not that he's a Muslim so he has that middle name but his dad was a Muslim and he gave him that middle name....  I mean what really is so weird about that?  It doesn't matter what a person's name or religion is. All that matter is whether or not they are capable of becoming a good leader, which I believe Obama is.

-Mahi

< ="http://india-forums.com/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&POID=18998816&ID=1411" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" width="600" height="250">

yeah, i completely agree with what you're saying. i definitely think that it shouldn't matter whether obama (or anyone, for that matter) is is black, white, muslim, hindu, jewish, whatever. all that should matter is whether or not he/she is capable of being a good leader. like you, i believe that obama is certainly capable of good leadership.
iiHEARTyu-x0 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

GUYSSS obama was muslim before!

he just changed his religiion when he was in his teens,
becausee idk why he changed it

but ohh well, he won yaa
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
he's not Muslim, though. his father was, I think, but Obama isn't
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
His Dad was a Muslim and Mom was a Christian so it's hard to guess which religion he followed... but he said he was not a Muslim and at this point I believe him.

-Mahi

Isn't it true that after his parents were passed away at his early age he was brought up by his grandparents, Although his father was a muslim and his mother a christain, The grandparents brought him up in christainity background and thats the reason he called himself to be christain and not muslim. This is like that example "Tu Hindu Banega nah Musalman Banega Insan Ki Aulad Hai Insan Banega". But a childs religion is from fathers side. !! Isn't that correct !!

His Dad was a Muslim and Mom was a Christian so it's hard to guess which religion he followed... but he said he was not a Muslim and at this point I believe him.

-Mahi

Hello Mahii Long time no see where have you been friend !! Missed you on the forum !! Now about obamas religion yes I do agree with you my dear that he could not keep up with his religion, so whatever religion he thought he followed due to grandparents I think he keep going.

Your Picture on your Id Is so beautiful !!