-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi..n Hello all waves.........πŸ˜ƒ

Just and simple question...........

Do you like "Ghar Jamai" or 'Jamai raja' (shaadi ke baad staying in wife house)concepts? Why?😳

views n comments appriciated..

Just chill

Vinu

Edited by Believe - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dream thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

i dont like ghar jamai at alllllll....i mean how can a guy can even think of this..doesnt he has a little self respect..as far as i know guys are more egoistic..so i feel guys who really understand their responsibilities & are aware of their duties will never b ghar jamai...n i would never like to marry a guy who is ready to b a ghar jamai..chiii!!!..haha..but seriously its our tradition that a girl has to leave her house..so i prefer this..not that ghar jamai one..

-Believe- thumbnail
Originally posted by: dream

i dont like ghar jamai at alllllll....i mean how can a guy can even think of this..doesnt he has a little self respect..as far as i know guys are more egoistic..so i feel guys who really understand their responsibilities & are aware of their duties will never b ghar jamai...n i would never like to marry a guy who is ready to b a ghar jamai..chiii!!!..haha..but seriously its our tradition that a girl has to leave her house..so i prefer this..not that ghar jamai one..----ho how sadπŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

Ya.........but in this world  lots of like this people living...πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ and girls also accepting like this guysπŸ˜ƒ
*Simran* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yeah i hate tht concept .. i find it weird .. i will never except a guy like tht
-Believe- thumbnail
I feel after marriage..the couple shud live separately...no one living in anbody's parents house and hence no issues from any sideπŸ˜ƒ
reasons why Man cannot be a "ghar-jamai"

- woh ghar mein "jam" kar baith jayega and In-Laws are scared of this "property-dowry-like-situation"
- he cannot Boss-around if staying as "ghar jamai"
- he wont be called "Jamai Raja" any more and will only remain a "jamai"
- he does not want to give a boost to the inflated "Woman's Liberation" moment
- he will be caught under "Anti-dowry" Act for taking the biggest dowry by shifting into In-Laws place

πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰
dream thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

I feel after marriage..the couple shud live separately...no one living in anbody's parents house and hence no issues from any sideπŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

ahh...no i dont think its right ..as the guys parents need him as well as the new bahu to take care of them...i wud luv to live wid my saas n sasurji..😳😳😳
I hate this ghar jamai concept simply because i want a MAN not a WIFE....lol

Someone who will take care of my need and want and someone who i can depend on...

And i would prefer to stay seperately, because in this new generation, i dnt think i would want to stay with my in-laws.. i prefer just me and my husband and then we both create our own family because their are lots of fight when u stay with ur in-laws, its like they WILL always poke their nose in between u and ur hsuband...
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Well, as most people said we girls like men with dignity and self respect not the ones who are willing to live off of her parents money.  That's not a manly thing to do especially when you should be the one feeding your wife and yourself.

Also, I think when a guy becomes a ghar jamai he kind of loses the respect that his in laws might have for him otherwise... And I would want my husband to always be respected!

Even if the guy is earning and actually taking care of his own family but just living with his in-laws, I think that's not good... It just takes away from the whole self-respect and dignity issue.

-Mahi

roy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

Hi..n Hello all waves.........πŸ˜ƒ

Just and simple question...........

Do you like "Ghar Jamai" or 'Jamai raja' (shaadi ke baad staying in wife house)concepts? Why?😳

views n comments appriciated..

Just chill

Vinu

πŸ˜† wht in the world inspired u to post this πŸ˜† it sounds really funny , as i guy i find this embarrassing , no dignity no self-respect  , staying with inlawsπŸ˜† omg have you guys really seen some real life ghar jamaiis . or just seen in movies.

wht i feel is all these kind of guys are lazy and greedy types , shebbily dressed lazy pumpkin kinds , kind of rahul mahajan in bb's house πŸ˜†......my leg is paining etc etc...
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^ Definitely agree there! 

You really have to have almost no self respect or dignity to be a ghar jamai... It's not just a matter of your self respect but the way people think about ghar jamais in the society generally is low and that makes others disrespect you too.

-Mahi