Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 03 November 2008 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Hi..n Hello all waves.........Big smile

Just and simple question...........

Do you like "Ghar Jamai" or 'Jamai raja' (shaadi ke baad staying in wife house)concepts? Why?Embarrassed

views n comments appriciated..

Just chill

Vinu

Edited by Believe - 04 November 2008 at 3:21am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ghar Jamai!!" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 03 November 2008 at 9:40pm | IP Logged

i dont like ghar jamai at alllllll....i mean how can a guy can even think of this..doesnt he has a little self respect..as far as i know guys are more egoistic..so i feel guys who really understand their responsibilities & are aware of their duties will never b ghar jamai...n i would never like to marry a guy who is ready to b a ghar jamai..chiii!!!..haha..but seriously its our tradition that a girl has to leave her house..so i prefer this..not that ghar jamai one..

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 03 November 2008 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dream

i dont like ghar jamai at alllllll....i mean how can a guy can even think of this..doesnt he has a little self respect..as far as i know guys are more egoistic..so i feel guys who really understand their responsibilities & are aware of their duties will never b ghar jamai...n i would never like to marry a guy who is ready to b a ghar jamai..chiii!!!..haha..but seriously its our tradition that a girl has to leave her house..so i prefer this..not that ghar jamai one..----ho how sadTongueWink

Ya.........but in this world  lots of like this people living...LOLWink and girls also accepting like this guysBig smile

*Simran*

IF-Stunnerz

*Simran*

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 12:17am | IP Logged
yeah i hate tht concept .. i find it weird .. i will never except a guy like tht

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 3:19am | IP Logged
I feel after marriage..the couple shud live separately...no one living in anbody's parents house and hence no issues from any sideBig smile
reasons why Man cannot be a "ghar-jamai"

- woh ghar mein "jam" kar baith jayega and In-Laws are scared of this "property-dowry-like-situation"
- he cannot Boss-around if staying as "ghar jamai"
- he wont be called "Jamai Raja" any more and will only remain a "jamai"
- he does not want to give a boost to the inflated "Woman's Liberation" moment
- he will be caught under "Anti-dowry" Act for taking the biggest dowry by shifting into In-Laws place

TongueWink

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

I feel after marriage..the couple shud live separately...no one living in anbody's parents house and hence no issues from any sideBig smile

TongueWink

ahh...no i dont think its right ..as the guys parents need him as well as the new bahu to take care of them...i wud luv to live wid my saas n sasurji..EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

SweetAngel18

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 8:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Well, as most people said we girls like men with dignity and self respect not the ones who are willing to live off of her parents money.  That's not a manly thing to do especially when you should be the one feeding your wife and yourself.

Also, I think when a guy becomes a ghar jamai he kind of loses the respect that his in laws might have for him otherwise... And I would want my husband to always be respected!

Even if the guy is earning and actually taking care of his own family but just living with his in-laws, I think that's not good... It just takes away from the whole self-respect and dignity issue.

-Mahi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top