Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Do movies/shows distort our image of love? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

prachi4AJ

IF-Dazzler

prachi4AJ

Posted: 25 December 2008 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Love shown in movies and shows is too in-ur-face and never happens dat way though in reality,but still one thing I maintain here is dat wat they show in TV n movies is in sum way or d other a mirror of true life....it jst gives an exaggerated image,but in our imagination its always more of less d same Embarrassed or maybe I m jst a hopeless romantic LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do movies/shows distort our image of love? (Page 3)" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mz.jess

IF-Sizzlerz

mz.jess

Posted: 03 January 2009 at 6:35pm | IP Logged

Look at our daily soaps.

Most storylines are based on a innocent, loving girl who does aarti every morning & some RICH, handsome guy falls in love with her. It doesn't matter if the guy was arrogrant before, or does not believe in love but the moment he sees the girl, he hears wedding bells... Stern Smile

and then even if before he was obessed with his work, he forgets all of that and goes and sings songs to his lover LOL

haha don't we wish that was true.

but it oviously is not.

and movies do get realistic in some parts but not usually.
I guess it really depends on the person you are. I mean sadly, i still hope and think someone "perfect" will come for me, overlooking all my imperfections. I know it wont happen, but a girl can dream, na?

But not all movies are bad, infact bollywood movies may have given us high  expectations but sometimes those movies make us realize how much we love someone. When you try to relate to a character, you think of all your similarities first. Sometimes taht character can awaken feelings in you that you did not have before.

Personal experience.
My two older friends are happlily married but they disliked eachother very much when they were younger. The guy had slowly started to like the girl, but the girl just hated him so much, oviously hiding her true feelings. But all it took was some SRK magic in Kal ho na ho, seeing that preity was about to lose her true love so realized she didn't want to miss out her chance on something that could be her match. - and those are exact words of my friend LOL

so I guess we can bash movies and thank them.

Khaya

IF-Stunnerz

Khaya

Posted: 04 January 2009 at 3:32am | IP Logged
This topic reminded me of something my Mum said... it was a song in a film and the hero and heroin were singing and dancing in love... and she sed 'aisa filmo main hi hota hai' hehe

Yh in reality u do get romantic couples... the long drives... going out for a candle-light dinner etc but yh it's exaggerated in movies... akhir filmi duniya hai

Ok he may not climb the pipe to secretly meet u at night before marriage but that doesn't mean there isn't love... and tho he doesn't sing u a song like Raj sang to Simran in DDLJ it doesn't mean ur love is any less

Bas filmi duniya ka pyaar ka andaaz kuch alag hai aur reality main kuch alag magar iss ka matlab yeh nahin ke reality main pyaar kam hai tho u may get tht implication seeing all the romantic scenes in movies...

When u have tht true love in ur life u will know... u won't need all these filmi things in ur life... bas pyaar hoga and whatever he/she does for u will be beautiful... even if it's a single rose for u on ur b'day rather than a room filled with flowers that one single rose will feel more special than any of the thousands of flowers u may have seen romantically given to any actress in a film

Edited by rukhaya - 04 January 2009 at 3:38am

PinkLady09

PinkLady09

Posted: 27 January 2009 at 8:42am | IP Logged
yh it does..look at me i wana find someone likr Armaan in DMG but i kno in real life there isn one perfect like him

-Mansi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Mansi-

Posted: 29 January 2009 at 5:27am | IP Logged
You are absolutely right Mahi. Its really exaggerated in movies/TV. All dis never exists..We all wish that it would..but we hav 2 face reality also..

sheenakohli91

IF-Dazzler

sheenakohli91

Posted: 21 March 2009 at 10:01pm | IP Logged

I believe that movies and books give us expectations...and sets a standard for them. It like raises the bar....  but thats not good. because the guy meant for you may not be perfect and you shouldn't let them go just because they dont match up to srk or john lol...thats ridiculous. You would want someone unique in their own way. not a copy of some actor

maybe-just

IF-Sizzlerz

maybe-just

Posted: 06 April 2009 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
Movies/shows do make us imagine things that simply aren't there, to be honest i have never been one of those people who believed in love and watching these soppy movies/shows where *the girl is falling the guy catches her, they stare, long moments etc etc* well that all has changed my opinion more about how love simply isn't like that, and personally for me it doesnt really exist, its a myth for me!  

Miss.Netherland

IF-Rockerz

Miss.Netherland

Posted: 07 April 2009 at 6:44am | IP Logged
we're confused by that fact - yes
because when they film these Mr.Perfect
they chose the cutest guy which all the girls will die for
he will have a understanding ,love everything
yes now i do think diffrently cuz first it wasn't like that
i guess even the boys have started to imagine those stuff in gitls
that they should be cute and all hat but gthen it varies form person to person i still think that it has completly chanhed my outlook of the fact of love

Post Reply New Post

Go to top