Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Do movies/shows distort our image of love?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 November 2008 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
I keep thinking about how love is dramatized and portrayed in movies/shows... It's portrayed as something amazing (as many of you think it is) but also as a relationship in which two people can do anything for each other.  They are ready to live and die for each other.  They find ways to see each other... there's romance all the time - candle light dinners, lovely romantic talks.

Now how much of that does really happen in real life? Does your love really come to your house hiding because he wants to break your karva chauth fast?  Does he really decorate the whole terrace because he wants to celebrate your birthday at 12?  Can he really die for you and with you?

I was thinking about how movies/shows kind of distort our image of love that's true in real life.  Love in reel life is a lot different than love in real life isn't it?

Do you think that such romantic scenes/stories increase our expectations and sometimes our love is never able to meet up those expectations?

Looking forward to your replies.

-Mahi

Edited by -Mystery- - 04 November 2008 at 2:20pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do movies/shows distort our image of love?" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Irisduplex

Goldie

Irisduplex

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 12:10am | IP Logged

Hi Mahi...interesting thread!!!

ofcourse the 'love' shown in 'hindi films' is always exaggerated....it never happens that way ...where guy manages to enter into the gals house and doggedly breaks her karwa chaut...or the gal is just about to get married and is sitting in the mandap...and her lover barges in the other guy hands over the girl to her lover and says 'live happily'....the 'i can't live without you'....thats rubbish....

Yes, Movies do have a certain impact on our thinking...I remember watching DDLJ, DTPH....and getting so carried away by them....but thats a passing phase in life.... I guess...when you want to believe in such kind of emotion....but then you grow up....and realise it was just a movie...and reality is 180  degrees different....

but yes...love is magical...the intensity varies from person to person....whether love happens once or happens many times also differs...its only about meeting the right person...and feeling 'that emotion'....you do feel you can't live without that person...but then life teaches you everything....Smile...no one is a romeo/juliet, heer/ranjha, Salim/ Anarkali.... finally if a relationship breaks...it hurts...but everyones sensible enough to move on. 

Edited by loverman40 - 04 November 2008 at 12:14am

fammma

Goldie

fammma

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 6:29am | IP Logged
Hi Mahi

Great topic.
Agree with you totally..its is really exxagerated, and in reality this is hardly the case..
The truth then hurts hard, and if the relationship does not work, the heart breaks..but we all eventually manage to move on!!

SweetAngel18

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 8:11am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Movies..obviously whatever they show is totally FALSE..i mean it just can happen in our dreams..in films hero-heroine sings n they reach switzerland in a second..they dance...these all r just rubbish..there is no singular person who does these things n as they also shw heroine is geeting married or leaving the city n at the last moment the hero comes n take her back..these all r imagination..but their main theme is right..though in real life ppl dnt go to switzerland n dance or the hero doesnt come to meet the gal on the terrace n have rmntic time but they feel like they r on heaven..in movies they juz try to show that excitement n the changes that luv brings..as love gives us new birth n makes our lives beautiful...so ya films doesnt shw true things bt the emotion is there i mean love is amazing bt ppl dont do such things as films shw..

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
Everyone seems to think that the portrayal of love in reel life is just absolutely false and really exaggerated....  But do you guys think that it really affects the way we begin to perceive our relationships?  Does it affect our expectations and thus we are never happy in the relationship we are in?  Has it ever happened to you?

-Mahi

SweetAngel18

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 04 November 2008 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
^^^ Aww... I am sorry that you had to learn this the hard way... I do agree that there is no Mr. Perfect who's come out of our dreams one day and take us into this beautiful world of love and happiness.... I realized early enough in my life that I just refrain myself from starting a relationship or from falling in love.  I just don't want to give anyone a chance to hurt me and leave to cry forever...

But that's true, sometimes when I am watching a truly romantic scene, I do imagine that maybe when I'll fall in love, my love would do all these things for me and he'll give me so much happiness and love that I'll forget the world.  But then the reality dawns on me too soon and I give up the notion.

-Mahi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top