Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Chapter 2:

Recap - Many miles away, a fallen pair of eyes follows the darkness gloom over as the sun descends down the horizon, yet the mind strays elsewhere.  On the table, the name tag reads 'Dr. Rakesh Khanna, MD, FRCP'.  A very disturbed man with unkempt looks sits on the chair in the 5th floor of the health care institute in London, UK.  A lone tear rolls down his left eye as he shuts them.  The past week has only seen sorrow in those eyes, while the heart shatters in pieces as the feeling of betrayal linger over the mind!  The ear blustering ring tone captures his attention, as the name Radhini appears on the caller id.  Yet he remains unresponsive…

All her attempts go in vein.  Tears swell up in the pity eyes, as she recollects the occurrences of the past few days.  She is no longer seeing a man of his normal self – the man who would always be cheerful.  Her heart feels heavy thinking over his cold attitude, yet the reason remains a mystery.  Though her physique remains here, her heart goes out to him to sweep his pain away…

As he maintains his posture, Rakesh runs his fingers through their marriage photo, relishing his blue eyed beauty, Radhini's smile…

A smile that captures his attention

A smile that makes him smile

And the smile he would die for.

Yet it all becomes a delusion before him, as the cruelty of fate makes him weaker by the day, threatening to take his life away – the life he would never complain about… the life he would ask for eternity… He feels cheated!

Tears flood through his cheeks as separation from his beloved nears him.  More than his own, it is heart wrecking to imagine Radhini in pain.  He wishes to see her move on rather than lament over her loses lifelong.  His heart aches, yet, the moment begs him to only leave behind traces of betrayal and not sorrow.  As he prepares to leave to an undisclosed place way before he succumbs to the deadly disease, he bids adieu to his wife… thinking only for his love's betterment! 

"I Love You, Goodbye" – Celine Dion

Wish I could be the one
the one who could give you love
the kind of love you really need

Wish I could say to you
that I'll always stay with you
but baby that's not me

You need someone willing to give

Their heart and soul to you

Promise you forever,

Baby that's something I can't do

Oh I could say that I'll be all you need
but that would be a lie

I know I'd only hurt you
I know I'd only make you cry

I'm not the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

I hope someday you can
Find some way to understand

I'm only doing this for you

I don't really wanna go
but deep in my heart I know

This is the kindest thing to do

You'll find someone who'll be the

One that I could never be

Who'll give you something better
than the love you'll find with me

Oh I could say that I'll be all you need
but that would be a crime

I know I'd only hurt you
I know I'd only make you cry

I'm not the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

Leaving someone when you love someone
is the hardest thing to do

When you love someone as much as I love you

Oh I don't wanna leave you
Baby it tears me up inside

But I'll never be the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

Baby, it's never ganna work out

I love you, goodbye

Yet he fails to recognize the depth of his love… that its strength overpasses all forms of evil, in his case death.  This separation, hence, is meant to be temporary – one that will make their love grow all the more stronger. 

From the lurking moon to the scorching sun half way across the planet, a rental car stops by the Department of Pediatrics, BC children's hospital.  Radhini, adorn in professional clothing, walks into the building and finds her way to the Chan centre, where the month long series of conferences and seminars will conclude.  She feels relieved… after all, in a couple of days she would be back with him.  However her mind remains roaming around thinking about his state of mind throughout the concluding ceremony. 

In the late afternoon, she heads towards the Tsawwassen terminal, Vancouver to board the BC Ferry to Victoria, where Anjali resides.  With every passing minute, cars fill the waiting arena, as they await the BC Ferry to reach the terminal.  With close to an hour remaining, many vacate their vehicles to enjoy the sea breeze and to feed the sea birds. 

Yet, Radhini remains in her car slowly drowning into her past as "Let the Love Begin by Jerome John Hughes and Kyla" plays in the background. 

Memories Begin….

During the morning peak hour, cars occupy roads in all corners of the city.  City buses and LRT fill with people.  A young lady, in early twenties, sprints along the side walk to catch her bus that nearly took off. 

"Hey… Hold on please…….." She screams.  Noticing the woman on the side mirror, the driver opens the front door for her. 

"Thanks sir! ", the lady says trying to catch her breath, while getting on the bus.  Once in, the close set of blue eyes glances through in search of an empty seat.  Before she could spot one, she hears a familiar voice calling her name.

"Radhini…! Over here girl!!!" yells Anjali. 

Her face lights up seeing Anjali in the rear end of the bus.  She makes her way through to the other end, and hugs her. 

"Oh man!  I'm glad you're here.  It's been a crazy morning!" Radhini says taking a deep breath. 

"Well whose fault is that?  Its time you wake up early!" replies Anjali. 

"Hey!  I did leave the house on time but…"

"But what?" asks Anjali?

"Arrrrr… my neighbor's dog roamed around my lawn and the moment I stepped out, he barked and came after me.  I ran for my life and slammed the front door….but it was a close one"

"OMG…………. Are you serious?  You're still scared of that puppy!"  Anjali laughs historically.   

While sulking, Radhini says, "hey it is not funny!"

"Alright! Alright!  I'm glad you made it on time!  Otherwise, you would have been embarrassed in front of many hot dudes!"

"Never mind your so called hot dudes… I'm glad I'm on time, as I don't have the guts to face that old man.  He scares me!"  exclaims Radhini. 

Despite receiving a few stares for being the loudest on the bus, they continue on with their chit chats.  After all, they wish to enjoy each and every moment of their life.  Being natives of Singara Chennai both fall under the category of 'Canadian Born Confused Desi' or CBCN.  Joining hands at the age of five, they've stood up side by side.  Life hasn't been that easy for the two - after all, they're living the life of a medical student.  But now as they move onto the next phase into residency their lives are to change.

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come Whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever

-      Graduation by Vitamin C

Memories to be continued…..

Edited by aisha_muka1980 - 15 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
👏👏👏 Super chapter aish ... well done with you wordings. Im simply amazed with your style in playing around the words 😉 And secondly .. dat celine dion song 😲😲😲 my fav song till now .. i still hum the song yaar ... 😆😆 Looks like great minds think alike 😛😉

Okay, this is what i think your story is about. The first half you have intro 2 characters, both head over heels for each other and yet something .. something is keeping them apart. And im sure that SOMETHING will be up in you story soon.

Then you took us into the flashback .. going back to Radhini's college day right? 😉 Urrmm looks like she is not too concern about hot dudes 😆😆😆 So, now im wondering ... Rakesh must be someone higher than the hot dudes level to have made her impress with him 😉😆😆

Way to go gal ... keep it up .. im eagerly waiting for your next chapter 😍
sankadevi30 thumbnail
just went thru a glance

will read properly & comment

aish u surprise me gal😉
Vani19 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Super chapter aish 👏.👏.👏. Your style of writing is simply amazing, excellent choice of words. Well done 👍🏼
smile_plus thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Aish,

Your writing style is class..I am struggling to find apt adjectives to describe your chapter..Class-o-Class..👍🏼
annoo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It was a sad chapter Aish😉 

While reading about Rakesh being unresponsive for the call, I could feel the pain somewhere.
It is a story about married couple.. I am sure you will make me cry..
I am eagerly waiting for the next chapter.. Do post long ones please😊
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Thanks everyone for your support!  From now on, i'll post really long chapters ones a week!  As per request, here are the links for the three songs for which i've posted the lyrics for:

Much love,
Aish

Originally posted by: kadhambari

OMG.................R u sure aish,,,,is this u'r 1st attempt!!

Keep going gal.......once in a week is too long but i appreciate u'r effort daa.please pm me once u post u'r episode daa.

Thanks Ambi......will def. try to post twice if time permits!!!  This is the aftermath of reading such wonderful FFs by Anu sis, Nezzu akka, Nallu, and Veda.......😃😛

Originally posted by: netra_rama

👏👏👏 Super chapter aish ... well done with you wordings. Im simply amazed with your style in playing around the words 😉 

😛😛Thanks for the motivaton nezzu akka..........i'll def entertain you with more of the word twisters...🤣🤣....

Looks like great minds think alike 😛😉
😃 I guess so hey....😛😆

And im sure that SOMETHING will be up in you story soon.
Nezzu Akka, that something has already been posted on my second chapter......hidden under some of those words.....😛.....but i will def. get back to it, but i'm afraid it won't be anytime soon....😊.....as I'm wroking on the flaskback now.........

Urrmm looks like she is not too concern about hot dudes 😆😆😆 So, now im wondering ... Rakesh must be someone higher than the hot dudes level to have made her impress with him 😉😆😆
if looks would kill..............😆😆 this is the kind of guy we need for Ms. Radhini....😉😉😆

Originally posted by: nallu

aish u surprise me gal😉

Thanks da nallu chellom.........hope this has nothing to do with the "hints" though 🤣🤣🤣

Originally posted by: Vani19

Super chapter aish 👏.👏.👏. Your style of writing is simply amazing, excellent choice of words. Well done 👍🏼

Thank you Vani 😛😛

Originally posted by: smile_plus

Your writing style is class..I am struggling to find apt adjectives to describe your chapter..Class-o-Class..👍🏼

Veda enna....intha Aishukkey icea?? 🤣🤣🤣...Naan ithukkelam vizha maatean...hehee..j/k....thanks da......

Originally posted by: annoo

While reading about Rakesh being unresponsive for the call, I could feel the pain somewhere.
It is a story about married couple.. I am sure you will make me cry..
You're absolutely right anu akka....there is a reason behind his act.......but there'z still a long time to go before we She finds out...b/c of the flashback.....which will only bring joy....i hope 😛😛
I am eagerly waiting for the next chapter.. Do post long ones please😊
Sure akka...i'll post long ones starting next sunday....

Edited by aisha_muka1980 - 15 years ago
annoo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: aisha_muka1980

All her attempts go in vein.  Tears swell up in the pity eyes, as she recollects the occurrences of the past few days.  She is no longer seeing a man of his normal self ? the man who would always be cheerful.  Her heart feels heavy thinking over his cold attitude, yet the reason remains a mystery.  Though her physique remains here, her heart goes out to him to sweep his pain away?  Aish I still wonder how come you are able to bring out those feelings so well...😲👏👏 really I am dumb struck... 😕

A smile that captures his attention

A smile that makes him smile

And the smile he would die for. 

The last line is simply superb. 👏
I am warning you here, I might get influence from your writing..😆 In other words sila vishayam I may suttiufy from your FF😉

Yet it all becomes a delusion before him, as the cruelty of fate makes him weaker by the day, threatening to take his life away ? Romba painful yaar😕 Please romba azha vakkathe..

This reminds me of Erich seagal's Love Story... I had the impact of LS for solid one week. I was not able to even smile for a week..
 the life he would never complain about? the life he would ask for eternity? He feels cheated! 😭😭😭

Tears flood through his cheeks as separation from his beloved nears him.  More than his own, it is heart wrecking to imagine Radhini in pain.  Very true.. When we love someone deeply this is how we feel😭😭

He wishes to see her move on rather than lament over her loses lifelong.  Ithu possible illa Rakesh.. This will not happen.. 😛
His heart aches, yet, the moment begs him to only leave behind traces of betrayal and not sorrow.  Love means sacrificenu someone said.. I dont agree with Rakesh yaar 😡
As he prepares to leave to an undisclosed place way before he succumbs to the deadly disease, he bids adieu to his wife? thinking only for his love?s betterment!  Hey Aish too much of sorrow ya.. Dont say that it is a true story.. I cannot bear this😭😭

Yet he fails to recognize the depth of his love? that its strength overpasses all forms of evil, in his case death. Yes correct..👏👏

This separation, hence, is meant to be temporary ? one that will make their love grow all the more stronger.  Exactly😛

She feels relieved? after all, in a couple of days she would be back with him. Hmmm....😳

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come Whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever 
Beautiful lines.. Thanks for that.
  😛                                                                  

GGG3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Aish, your FF gives me a feeling of reading poetry. It invokes a sort of melancholic mood which soothes and leaves me heavy-hearted at once. That song lyrics are so beautiful and so your sentences too. So the man is going apart from his beloved for her sake.

I'm loving this FF so much. Looking forward to the next part.

_Manpreet_ thumbnail