Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Originally posted by sareeta

'And, when you really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.' - The Alchemist

That sounds a lot like SRK's dialogue in Om Shanti Om... Embarrassed Beautiful quote!!

-Mahi

It certainly does Mahi - When I saw the trailers of OSO for the first time, I was so stunned - I was like - Tha tis so NOT original - its a hindi/urdu version of this line from The Alchemist!

All said and done, its something I truly believe in and dare say, in a strange have experienced it also on a minor scale as well!

Its like your deepest desire, that births from the innermost being is what the universe seems to recognize and conspires to help you achieve or realize that dream! And when it all happens - it feels surreal! Jus that and nothing else...!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Favorite line or quote? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 2:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Mystery-

'And, when you really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.' - The Alchemist

That sounds a lot like SRK's dialogue in Om Shanti Om... Embarrassed Beautiful quote!!

-Mahi

It certainly does Mahi - When I saw the trailers of OSO for the first time, I was so stunned - I was like - Tha tis so NOT original - its a hindi/urdu version of this line from The Alchemist!

All said and done, its something I truly believe in and dare say, in a strange have experienced it also on a minor scale as well!

Its like your deepest desire, that births from the innermost being is what the universe seems to recognize and conspires to help you achieve or realize that dream! And when it all happens - it feels surreal! Jus that and nothing else...!

Wow, that's amazing... I am glad that you have experienced it.. You're one of the lucky ones then!  As much as I would like to believe in that, I haven't experienced anything like that yet... but then maybe my desires are not that strong... Although I truly do want to do many things in life... And maybe will.

But then again, one just believes in some things...

And yeah, it's a bit unfortunate that sometimes writers are not original when they're writing a script... But I guess if you come across something amazing you like to share it with everyone else... but please just not do it as if it was your creation.  Give due credit!

-Mahi

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 11 November 2008 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
I read a book - sometime back and remembered a quote abt insanity and remember making a note of it. I finally found and here it is -

"And when you look directley at an insane man all you see is a reflection of your own knowledge that he's insane, which is not to see him at all.  To see him you must see what he saw..." - From the book,  Zen and the Art of Motercycle Maintence

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 16 November 2008 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
Like some of you here, when asked to remember lines from books that made an impact on you, I can't seem to draw them from memory, though I know that its there, so I did the next best thing. I went looking for some books that has had an impact on me and this is one of the quotes I found.

The book that this is taken from is called Dispatches from the Edge by Anderson Cooper (he's a journalist with CNN)

"In every tradegy, people search for miracles, signs that sustain them even when surrounded by death"

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 16 November 2008 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

Like some of you here, when asked to remember lines from books that made an impact on you, I can't seem to draw them from memory, though I know that its there, so I did the next best thing. I went looking for some books that has had an impact on me and this is one of the quotes I found.

The book that this is taken from is called Dispatches from the Edge by Anderson Cooper (he's a journalist with CNN)

"In every tradegy, people search for miracles, signs that sustain them even when surrounded by death"

^ This quote is beautiful! And so so true... But then if people just get dishearten by tragedies then we can never move on.. Literally people do live because of hope, in hope of a better tomorrow, and in hope of a beautiful morning.

-Mahi

bindya.Malhotra

Groupbie

bindya.Malhotra

Posted: 13 February 2009 at 1:25am | IP Logged
we read this as well as use in our daily lives

"You may be just a person to the world but to a person you may be the world"

I dont really remember where i read these lines but really liked it

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 13 February 2009 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bindya.Malhotra

we read this as well as use in our daily lives

"You may be just a person to the world but to a person you may be the world"

I dont really remember where i read these lines but really liked it

This is such a cute quote!!! Aww.... so sweet... thanks for sharing!

-Mahi

pickle6586

IF-Dazzler

pickle6586

Posted: 13 February 2009 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them."-Dumbledore

i dont remember from which book of harry potter this is but i love it!!!!!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top