Favorite line or quote?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey Friends,

Well, most of us love a particular passage/paragraph/quote from the books we like... Sometimes those lines mean a lot to us because we tend to get philosophical with them.... or they are just so well written that they stay with us forever.

I want you all to share such lines/passages if you can remember them.... Doesn't have to be exact words but something you remember because the thought was just so phenomenal!

-Mahi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Will add more later, but one of my all time favorites is.. "For you a thousand times over" - Kite Runner
dream thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
my fav one is
" Love means never having to say that you are sorry"....from love strory by Erich segal

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow... I can't believe I can't remember any at the moment! I'll edit this later when I recall a few :)
sareeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: chhilt

Wow... I can't believe I can't remember any at the moment! I'll edit this later when I recall a few :)

Same here, usually when I read books, I mutter to myself - that was so cool, I'll remember that one, but now that someone mentioned it - I can't recollect even one!

I am sure they'll come to my head soon! I will post them when they do! :-)

sareeta thumbnail
"And, when you really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." - The Alchemist
-Mystery- thumbnail

Originally posted by: dream

my fav one is

" Love means never having to say that you are sorry"....from love strory by Erich segal

That's so true too... beautiful quote!

Originally posted by: fariha17

Will add more later, but one of my all time favorites is.. "For you a thousand times over" - Kite Runner

That's such a touching line.... I am reading Kite Runner right now and it's just a fabulous piece of work!

Originally posted by: sareeta

'And, when you really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.' - The Alchemist

That sounds a lot like SRK's dialogue in Om Shanti Om... 😳 Beautiful quote!!

Originally posted by: chhilt

That happens all the time...  I have ready so many books and so many lines just stood out in my mind that I can't even remember all of them now 😳

-Mahi

-Mystery- thumbnail
Just like all of you, even I don't remember all the lines that touched my heart, but one of the latest books I read had a beautiful passage.. I just loved that passage.... Since I own that book, I'll type it up right here... It's from "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"

It's a grandmother who's telling her grandson about what happened a night before she lost her sister in the U.S. Air bombing of Dresden.  She and her sister were lying in the bed just before sleeping and here's what she said:

"It was late and we were tired.
We assumed there would be other nights.
Anna's (Grandmother's sister) breathing started to slow, but I still wanted to talk.
She rolled onto her side.
I said, I want to tell you something.
She said, You can tell me tomorrow.
I had never told her how much I loved her.
She was my sister.
We slept in the same bed.
There was never a right time to say it.
It was always unnecessary.
I thought about waking her.
But it was unnecessary.
There would be other nights.
And how can you say I love you to someone you love?
I rolled onto my side and fell asleep next to her.
Here is the point of everything I have been trying to tell you, Oskar.
It's always necessary."

-Mahi

sareeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mystery-

That sounds a lot like SRK's dialogue in Om Shanti Om... 😳 Beautiful quote!!

-Mahi

It certainly does Mahi - When I saw the trailers of OSO for the first time, I was so stunned - I was like - Tha tis so NOT original - its a hindi/urdu version of this line from The Alchemist!

All said and done, its something I truly believe in and dare say, in a strange have experienced it also on a minor scale as well!

Its like your deepest desire, that births from the innermost being is what the universe seems to recognize and conspires to help you achieve or realize that dream! And when it all happens - it feels surreal! Jus that and nothing else...!

-Mystery- thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareeta

It certainly does Mahi - When I saw the trailers of OSO for the first time, I was so stunned - I was like - Tha tis so NOT original - its a hindi/urdu version of this line from The Alchemist!

All said and done, its something I truly believe in and dare say, in a strange have experienced it also on a minor scale as well!

Its like your deepest desire, that births from the innermost being is what the universe seems to recognize and conspires to help you achieve or realize that dream! And when it all happens - it feels surreal! Jus that and nothing else...!

Wow, that's amazing... I am glad that you have experienced it.. You're one of the lucky ones then!  As much as I would like to believe in that, I haven't experienced anything like that yet... but then maybe my desires are not that strong... Although I truly do want to do many things in life... And maybe will.

But then again, one just believes in some things...

And yeah, it's a bit unfortunate that sometimes writers are not original when they're writing a script... But I guess if you come across something amazing you like to share it with everyone else... but please just not do it as if it was your creation.  Give due credit!

-Mahi