Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 November 2008 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Hey Friends,

Well, most of us love a particular passage/paragraph/quote from the books we like... Sometimes those lines mean a lot to us because we tend to get philosophical with them.... or they are just so well written that they stay with us forever.

I want you all to share such lines/passages if you can remember them.... Doesn't have to be exact words but something you remember because the thought was just so phenomenal!

-Mahi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Favorite line or quote?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 06 November 2008 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Will add more later, but one of my all time favorites is.. "For you a thousand times over" - Kite Runner

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 7:50am | IP Logged
my fav one is
" Love means never having to say that you are sorry"....from love strory by Erich segal

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Wow... I can't believe I can't remember any at the moment! I'll edit this later when I recall a few :)

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 08 November 2008 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

Wow... I can't believe I can't remember any at the moment! I'll edit this later when I recall a few :)

Same here, usually when I read books, I mutter to myself - that was so cool, I'll remember that one, but now that someone mentioned it - I can't recollect even one!

I am sure they'll come to my head soon! I will post them when they do! :-)

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 08 November 2008 at 11:53am | IP Logged
"And, when you really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." - The Alchemist

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dream

my fav one is
" Love means never having to say that you are sorry"....from love strory by Erich segal

That's so true too... beautiful quote!

Originally posted by fariha17

Will add more later, but one of my all time favorites is.. "For you a thousand times over" - Kite Runner

That's such a touching line.... I am reading Kite Runner right now and it's just a fabulous piece of work!

Originally posted by sareeta

'And, when you really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.' - The Alchemist

That sounds a lot like SRK's dialogue in Om Shanti Om... Embarrassed Beautiful quote!!

Originally posted by chhilt

That happens all the time...  I have ready so many books and so many lines just stood out in my mind that I can't even remember all of them now Embarrassed

-Mahi

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 09 November 2008 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Just like all of you, even I don't remember all the lines that touched my heart, but one of the latest books I read had a beautiful passage.. I just loved that passage.... Since I own that book, I'll type it up right here... It's from "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"

It's a grandmother who's telling her grandson about what happened a night before she lost her sister in the U.S. Air bombing of Dresden.  She and her sister were lying in the bed just before sleeping and here's what she said:

"It was late and we were tired.
We assumed there would be other nights.
Anna's (Grandmother's sister) breathing started to slow, but I still wanted to talk.
She rolled onto her side.
I said, I want to tell you something.
She said, You can tell me tomorrow.
I had never told her how much I loved her.
She was my sister.
We slept in the same bed.
There was never a right time to say it.
It was always unnecessary.
I thought about waking her.
But it was unnecessary.
There would be other nights.
And how can you say I love you to someone you love?
I rolled onto my side and fell asleep next to her.
Here is the point of everything I have been trying to tell you, Oskar.
It's always necessary."

-Mahi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top