Debate Mansion

Kaho jo kehna hai + share articles / latest News (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 150

Page 1
Page   of 150
Page 3 Page 150

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Golden iron

wah wah SJB, kamal ker ditta kudiya...waiise apne school ke kya sign board lagaya hai??? Wink

ek taraf kehte hai kamal kar ditta aur phir poochtey hain ki "apne school" ka kya signboard lagaya? Jab school kholney layak ameer ho jaaoongee to retire ho jaaoongee! WinkLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kaho jo kehna hai + share articles / latest News (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

The Dalai Lama Lessons for Life (Revisited)

(A little dated, but cute.  My fav is boldedLOL). 

01.    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the !#*% alone.

02.    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a frickin? leaky tire. 

03.    It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal something, that's the time to do it. 

04.    Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

05.    Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

06.    Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

07.    If you think nobody cares for you, try missing a couple of  car payments.

08.    When you feel that nobody loves you, that no one care for you, that everyone is ignoring you, you should really ask yourself, "Am I just too Sexy".

09.    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you.

10.    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

11.    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to  fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

12.    If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment.

13.    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. That is so true Tongue

14.    Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.

15.    Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

16.    The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket. (huh?).

17.    A closed mouth gathers no foot. and there is no outbreak of Foot in Mouth either WinkLOL

18.    Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

19.    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works. Says who???LOL

20.    Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.

21.    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

22.    Never miss a good chance to shut up. My favourite. A lot of people I know could learn from this LOL

23.    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.  ROFLTum bhi naa LOLLOLLOL

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:03am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:04am | IP Logged

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:09am | IP Logged

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

hmmm...what's up with the pics bahni?  Kahin first daughters ko kaun sa pet pick karna chahiye woh idea toh naheen dey rahee hoLOL

Nahin nahin
unke liye yeh hai

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:20am | IP Logged

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:51am | IP Logged
yeh theek hai??? Big smile

On another note...

Rushdie's 'unfilmable' Midnight's Children heads for silver screen

Booker-winning author to work with director Deepa Mehta in a collaboration hatched over dinner

Deepa%20Mehta%20and%20Salman%20Rushdie

Plot hatched over dinner ... Deepa Mehta and Salman Rushdie. Photographs: Graham Turner and Murdo Macleod

Midnight's Children, Salman Rushdie's panoramic 1981 allegory of the birth of modern India, is heading for the big screen. Deepa Mehta is to direct and co-write the adaptation with the author, and the film is expected to start production in 2010, it was announced in New York yesterday.

Rushdie's novel, which has been selected twice as the best-ever Booker prize winner, is widely regarded as one of the premier literary works of the latter half of the 20th century and is required reading on most university syllabuses. Often associated with another masterpiece of magic realism, Gabriel Garc'a M'rquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude, the story begins with the birth of Saleem Sinai at the stroke of midnight on August 15, 1947, the moment India became independent. Far from a picaresque Everyman, Saleem discovers he shares special powers with every other person born in the same hour and comes to see himself as the incarnation of India, an avatar of the nation. With its bravura mix of historical events and inventive flights of fancy, the 650-page novel has long been seen as unfilmable.

Reached at home in Toronto, Mehta rejected any such concerns. "If I was doing it myself it would be rather daunting," she said. "The fact that we like and respect each other is a good foundation for collaboration."

The pair will begin writing the screen adaptation in mid-March, with Rushdie and Mehta's partner, David Hamilton, acting as co-producers. Hamilton said he had had preliminary discussions with two Hollywood studios, both of which were keen to see the fruits of the Rushdie-Mehta pairing. But, he added, the script would dictate the ultimate response.

Filming will not commence until 2010, as Mehta has another project set to film next year, Exclusion. This documents another moment in Indian history: the Komagata Maru incident, in which more than 300 Indian nationals were refused entry into Canada.

Mehta is best-known for her Elements trilogy, Earth (1996), Fire (1998) and the Oscar-nominated Water (2005), films that explore uncomfortable issues beneath the veneer of Indian society. For that reason, she has experienced, like Rushdie, a portion of intolerance, though not on the level of a fatwa. Mehta was forced to abandon her original production of Water after Indian protesters destroyed sets and harassed the crew. The project was remounted and filmed in Sri Lanka.

The film-maker said she has known the author since the New York premiere of Water. The project apparently started when Rushdie dined at Mehta's home recently and she asked him if he would consider a collaboration on Midnight's Children. In the late 1990s, Rushdie wrote a five-part television series based on the book but the project was abandoned when the Sri Lankan government decided against letting the shoot proceed.

"Those scripts will be a helpful blueprint for what will work in the film," said Mehta, "We can push the boundaries in film that in television might have been constrained. The challenge will be the shape."

Surely, this is an understatement: 650 pages of magic realism? "War and Peace has 1,000 pages and they made a movie of that," she said, adding, "The great thing about film is that it can compress in a few images what takes 40 pages in a book to describe."

At the press conference at the eighth annual Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council film festival yesterday, an Indian reporter asked Mehta if she wasn't concerned about shooting in India after her experience with the original shoot of Water. Rushdie chimed in, "Water under the bridge."

I wish they'd leave it alone. Some books are unfilmable!!!

Edited by SholaJoBhadkey - 07 November 2008 at 11:53am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top