Debate Mansion

Kaho jo kehna hai + share articles / latest News (Page 147)

Post Reply New Post

Page 147 of 150

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 July 2010 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

What could be  the reasons behind it,
Who is responsible ?Confused

Conformity. One of them decides they want attention and so they garner all the younger and newer members of the forum on their side. They conform to their side without thinking twice about what they are getting into. And there you have it, they think they've made a "statement". When all they've really done is made a fool out of themselves and disrupted the peace on the forum for a day or two.

The unfortunate thing is that I did not expect this from some of the members on the forum. It is at times like these, a person's reality shines through. If any of them stopped for a second to think for themselves, this wouldn't have been a problem.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kaho jo kehna hai + share articles / latest News (Page 147)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 21 July 2010 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 July 2010 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
*edited LOL*

Edited by return_to_hades - 21 July 2010 at 6:35pm

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 July 2010 at 4:25pm | IP Logged

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 21 July 2010 at 6:29pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

*Woh Ajnabee*Beyond_the_Veil

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 July 2010 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Mister. KKKKKKKKK Just Dancing

Or....just post...just post
I dont know the name of this forum anymore
Just post just post.

Silly

Ok logging out...............

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 July 2010 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mister.K.

If memory serves me right, TNF organized TGM contest in which most people participated, gleefully, sportingly and in the spirit of having fun and a gala time. There was a lot of good natured bantering too that went on in that thread. That contest was a huge success. Everyone applauded, appreciated and patted TNF on the back for organizing such a great competition. In fact, Sarina was so inspired that she went ahead and based the creative writing contest on the one TNF organized.

So far so good.

TNF submitted an entry, the theme of which was based on the forum members. Quite OK, a lot of other folks did that as well, except that TNF's entry had references (granted only done in jest, in all innocence) to the word rape and its variations. TNF also had a disclaimer at the very beginning that absolves her of any intentional wrongdoing.

So far so good.

Now, certain members have objections to how the word rape is used. It offends their sensibilities when a vile crime such as rape was used in a facetious way. To them, it is un-cool, especially, when real people (notwithstanding a virtual id) were involved.

Objections have to be respected, if valid.

Sarina asked TNF to amend her story. TNF didn't.

I will repeat that just in case some people skipped reading that part. Sarina asked TNF to amend her story. TNF didn't.

Sarina being the organizer had to respect the wishes of certain members and disqualify the entry. Sarina, the moderator would have to do that too. If I have a problem with a member, I will take it up to the mod and the mod has to take a decision and that decision is final.

Now, all of this is nothing new and has been discussed ad nauseam over another thread.

What I don't understand is why some members have taken it upon themselves "to protect and serve" the interests of TNF even when things have been explained like they were to a 3rd grader, in a calm and composed way with no belligerence whatsoever. TNF was not disqualified, TNF's entry was disqualified. There's a huge difference there.

What I don't understand is how some new members could hit the Like button and/or vote for an entry that has disappeared long ago. I mean, did they do time travel?

What I don't understand is how anybody could vote for an entry whose content disappeared long ago. Do they have an eidetic memory? Are they voting based on what they could recollect now? Can they do a faithful reproduction of at least three paragraphs of what's been originally written?

What I don't understand is how some people could enjoy the adulation and support showered on them when it was their turn but when it is not their turn, turn around and disrupt the proceedings, mock and challenge the authority, insult the spirit in which the other participants have submitted their entries and still feel like they are the victims.

Half of those who voted for Entry #3 did not read the story. From what I hear, PMs have been going around begging for votes and support. Wacko

@Bold red- That is the biggest problem here, Mister K, people like playing victim on this forum way too frequently! All they want are buckets and buckets of sympathy. If TNF did not have a problem with her story being disqualified, then what the hell is everyone else's problem!?!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 21 July 2010 at 10:39pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Mod

Moderators Note: Any discussion on contest entries have been done with, and the issue has been closed. There will be no further discussion of it on the forums. It stops here now.

Common guys......'Kaho jo kehna hey........'.... Mod kuch nahe bolegi idhar....discuss here !!WinkTongueLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Post Reply New Post

Go to top