Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 18 January 2005 at 6:06am | IP Logged
< name=secImage method=post>
Sandeep Bamzai
New Delhi, January 16

Forget Band Aid/Live Aid or We Are The World. India's entertainment industry, represented by 200 artistes/performers, is putting on a mega show to remember for the Prime Minister's Relief Fund.

Titled 'Help', it is expected to raise close to Rs 100 crore for tsunami victims. 'Help' is being split into two separate television events which will be beamed by 18 channels including the Star, Sony and Zee bouquets along with MTV, Sab TV, Doordarshan and ARY.

On February 6, stars — both new and old — from the film and television industry will make an appeal as part of a telethon. The six-hour concert will take place the same day but will be shown only on February 12 so that viewers can send in their donations over the next six days.

The show will take place at the BMRDA ground with a capacity of 7,000 people in Mumbai. Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand, Rani Mukerjhee, Kareena Kapoor, Priety Zinta; TV stars Smirti Irani, Saakshi Tanwar, Rajeev Khandelwal; singers Sonu Nigam, Abhijeet, Kumar Sanu, Sunidhi Chauhan, Alka Yagnik and many others will perform. Three of the biggest event organisers — Wizcraft, Morani Brothers and GS Entertainment — will put the mega show together.

Film and Television Producers Guild president Amit Khanna told the Hindustan Times, "The entire TV and film fraternity in Mumbai is getting together in an unprecedented way to raise funds for the PM's Relief Fund. This will be the mother of all shows."

The telethon, which will see all the stars making an appeal to the viewers to donate generously, will be live and running over two to three hours featuring auctions and interactive TV. The show on February 12 is expected to bring in commercial time sales in excess of Rs 60 crore.

</>

sweetrani_neha IF-Dazzler
sweetrani_neha
sweetrani_neha

Posted: 18 January 2005 at 6:47am | IP Logged
sounds great...thanks for the info!Smile
shrutibali IF-Rockerz
shrutibali
shrutibali

Posted: 18 January 2005 at 9:07am | IP Logged
thansk sujalfan
-Amisha- Goldie
-Amisha-
-Amisha-

Posted: 18 January 2005 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Thanks for the info, sujalfan.Smile
*~puja~* Senior Member
*~puja~*
*~puja~*

Posted: 18 January 2005 at 11:39am | IP Logged

thanks for the info... just wish i could see the show here in the us...

its great that everyone is getting together for a fundrasier like that.... Tongue

fm05 IF-Sizzlerz
fm05
fm05

Posted: 18 January 2005 at 11:59am | IP Logged

Thx SujalFan you are the one of best at passing on gr8 news.

The show sounds like it will be awesome, i wish i could watch it but since it is live and directed to the Indian audience, it won't get shown in UK.

I think it is so generous and gracious of the stars to take part in such a worthwile fundrasier. I read that Shahrukh and Rani already donated Rs 500 crores (dn't quote me on tht, not sure) along with Karan Johar. It is more than some countries are doing, although in my college we raised 100 pounds for the appeal so far.

Hard Rock Goldie
Hard Rock
Hard Rock

Posted: 19 January 2005 at 4:12am | IP Logged

Thx for the post Sujalfan....u hv become our lifeline here with all your newsy tidbits....

Hope they telecast it out here in the  Middle East...........

Who-I-Used-2-Be IF-Rockerz
Who-I-Used-2-Be
Who-I-Used-2-Be

Posted: 19 January 2005 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Thnx sujalfan, keep posting.........Wink hope we'll be able to watch it here in Pakistan........

Go to top