Saaksshi (Saakshi)
Saaksshi (Saakshi)

Concept & Story

IndraDaga Goldie
IndraDaga
IndraDaga

Posted: 04 September 2004 at 6:28am | IP Logged

Saakshi

For decades, Indian society has expected (and still expects) the woman to be a good homemaker. While women have increasingly started taking up conventional professions as doctors, teachers, managers, etc. they are still expected to do justice to their homes; be dutiful wives and doting mothers. Set in contemporary India, ?Saaksshi? revolves around a middle class female protagonist who has rare aspirations and dreams? one who refuses to be tied down by the rules of society. She has the courage and determination to break all norms and conventional moulds to follow her own calling in life.

Saaksshi is committed to redressing the wrong, even if the price for her bravado is her own death. Her brother has been missing for 7 years and since then, she has never found closure with her past. It is this that drives her to believe that her calling in life is to fight injustice. At the age when typical Indian girls dream of perfect husbands and homes, Saaksshi makes up her mind to take up a rare vocation. She enlists herself as an undercover operative in an anti-terrorist squad?a male dominated profession that demands blind commitment to duty and complete detachment from all emotional ties. Thus begins her struggle to battle chauvinism and strike a perfect balance between her two lives?one of a sweet middle class daughter and the other of a tough undercover operative. She soon finds herself caught in the tumultuous world of an anti-terrorist squad that advocates complete commitment to duty and detachment from emotions to succeed in their missions.

But can Saaksshi forsake her own family in the name of duty? Will she be able to listen to her inner voice? What is her truth?

Courtsey: Setindia

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 04 September 2004 at 8:22am | IP Logged
thanks for the post Priya.  We haven't had too much on Saakshi Smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

"I wish India- Forums a very happy 10 years" - Mouli Ganguly "I wish India- Forums a very happy 10 years" - Mouli Ganguly  3

The pretty actress Mouli Ganguly who started her career with Kahin ...

I have never been to any Page 3 parties and controversies: Hrishikesh I have never been to any Page 3 parties and controversies: Hrishikesh  10

Tellybuzz in conversation with Hrishikesh Pandey aka Officer Sachin of ...

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index