Page 1 of 1

Salyanka

IF-Stunnerz

Salyanka

Posted: 24 October 2008 at 6:10pm | IP Logged

Sorry, wrong number
24 Oct 2008, 0000 hrs IST, ASHWINI DESHMUKH , TNN
 Print            Comment Text:
When Aamir Khan's look in his upcoming film Ghajini was released yesterday, little did anyone know that his picture with rippled muscles would turn
Aamir's look in Ghajini More Pics
out to be a nightmare for Dr Surekha Verma, a resident of Kanjurmarg in Mumbai, who has nothing to do with the film.

A source said, "One of the assistant directors of Ghajini wrote a random number as a temporary tattoo on Aamir's body. The pictures of Aamir were then printed in the newspaper. However, the number happened to be a lady's number, who has nothing to do with either Aamir or the film. She woke up yesterday morning on receiving several calls asking for Aamir Khan. Initially, she wondered why she was getting calls from strangers.

She realised what was happening only after she saw her number sketched on Aamir's bicep in the newspaper."
Fed up with the unwanted calls, the lady called up the newspaper office to air her grievances, saying that she was an ordinary citizen, working at a reputed place and had been going through hell since morning. Finally, she had to switch off her phone to stop the calls from bothering her.

When contacted, Aamir said, "I really regret the inconvenience caused to the lady whose number was tattooed on my arm. Today, I received over 900 SMSes regarding my Ghajini look. I had to clean up my inbox three times since morning. I empathise with her as I can imagine what she must have gone through."

The producer of Ghajini, Madhu Varma said, "One of the assistant directors wrote down a random number for the tattoo. We didn't know that it would be so prominent and we didn't foresee any such consequences. We will apologise to the lady and offer her a new phone connection." Giving the lady a new number seems to be the best solution because the same picture will be used in hoardings all over the country.

A source from the production unit said, "The problem will escalate as the same picture will be turned into life-size posters, which will be put in theatres all across India. The phone number will be more prominent once it's on the hoardings."

When we called, Dr Surekha, she said, "It was maddening, ever since I woke up to these non-stop crazy calls asking for Aamir, Anthony... I had to switch off my phone. How can anyone just use my number like that, without my knowledge, forget my consent."

Aamir and Madhu were apologetic and regretted the inconvenience. They said that they would like to offer her a new number. Surekha accepted that and said, "I am fine if they have a new number for me, I can't continue with this number anymore."
In the film, Aamir plays a man who loses his memory after every 15 minutes because of which he writes everything that he needs to remember on his body for quick reference.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sorry, wrong number: Aamir Khan's Gajini Poster" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Lighthearted

IF-Dazzler

Lighthearted

Posted: 25 October 2008 at 12:51am | IP Logged
its ok Aamir already said sorry but its mistake from asst director. 

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 25 October 2008 at 1:00am | IP Logged

Phone-tastic

Aamir Khan, aghast at Surekha Verma's trauma has sent her a swanky new handset along with other goodies

Posted On Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ashwini Deshmukh

Aamir Khan

On October 23, Mumbai Mirror broke the news that the cellphone number, inked on Aamir Khan's biceps for his upcoming film Ghajini, belonged to Dr Surekha Verma and that the lady was flooded with undesirable calls, some of them obscene. The phone calls created havoc in Surekha's otherwise normal life. Says Surekha, "The non-stop frantic calls asking for Aamir had turned vulgar and obscene." She was left with no choice but to switch off her cellphone.

On reading about Surekha's plight in Mumbai Mirror, Aamir Khan immediately apologised to the lady through our columns. He then got in touch with this reporter and asked for an alternate number to get in touch with Surekha.

He had a long conversation with her (Surekha), apologised profusely and told her that he understood how inconvenient it must have been for her. He told her that it was not intentional but just an unfortunate coincidence. He wished her Happy Diwali and also assured her that his staff would get in touch with her and provide her with a new phone connection.

Needless to say Surekha is very happy and relieved. She says, "Aamir was genuinely apologetic and appeared to be a very warm person. He convinced me that whatever happened was unintentional. He assured me about a new phone connection too. All I want is to return to normal life and be able to interact with my friends and family."

Aamir then went a step further. Our source adds, "After the call, Aamir not only sent across a new phone connection but also a swanky new handset valued at over Rs 35000, imported chocolates, a personal note and a bouquet of blue orchids."

Obviously Surekha can't contain her excitement as she says, "I am overwhelmed. The flowers are beautiful. It is very gracious of Aamir and I am completely touched. I have no words to express my feelings at this point."

Salyanka

IF-Stunnerz

Salyanka

Posted: 25 October 2008 at 1:09am | IP Logged
aw how sweet..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top