GOTW: Sciene and tech game (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 13

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 28 October 2008 at 6:44am | IP Logged
hey tannishta i gave you marks Tongue full 5 points

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "GOTW: Sciene and tech game (Page 6)" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 28 October 2008 at 6:56am | IP Logged
hey guys i am getting confused as members are giving points to answered question as well. so untill now i will calculate all points and from next time the points of first answer will only be calculated so final score is
Akhl-40(assuming godison gave you 5 point)
Rajnish-30(assuming sita di gave me 5 points)
bhopalyellow-9
sita-14
tan-5
godison-9

Edited by rajnish_here - 29 October 2008 at 7:02am

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 28 October 2008 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Rajnish,
Your answer to the friction question is correct. So 5 points to you.

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 29 October 2008 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Following questions are yet to be answered: -

1. From Jasleen - What kind of drugs are used in medicines?

2. From Rajnish - What is the difference between hydrogen bomb and atom bomb?

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 29 October 2008 at 6:13am | IP Logged

@godisone,

Your question "what is the atomic mass of Palladium?" has been answered. Please give points.

@Sita,
Your question "what is the Lanthanide series?" has been answered. Please give points.

@Rajnish, see if you need to update marks after godisone and Sita award points.

@All,
Now onwards, please award points only to the first person who gives correct answer. If you find that a question has more than one part and different members have answered different parts so that combining the answers makes complete answer, then you may split points between them. But if anybody gives complete answer, then give marks only to the first person who gives complete answer.

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 29 October 2008 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rajnish_here

what is the difference between hydrogen bomb and atom bomb?

In hydrogen bomb, fusion reaction is used to create the main explosion. Fusion is the reaction in which two smaller nuclei combine to form a larger nucleus. In the process, large amount of heat is released. The nuclei, which combine in hydrogen bomb are deuterium (isotope of hydrogen having 1 neutron) and tritium(isotope of hydrogen having 2 neutrons).
The fusion reaction requires two nuclei to combine. Nuclei are positively charged. So they repel each other. Therefore, external energy is required to make them combine. The energy is supplied by detonating a small atom bomb and atom bom involves fission(as explained below). Thus hydrogen bomb involves both fusion and fission. But fusion causes main explosion. Fission is used to trigger fusion.

In atom bomb, fission reaction is used. In fission, an unstable heavy nucleus is split into smaller nuclei and large amount of heat is released in the process. The nuclei, which are used in atom bombs are isotopes of uranium(U-235) and plutonium(Pu-239).

Note that the concepts of fusion, fission, atom bomb and hydrogen bomb are much more detailed. But I have only talked about the difference between hydrogen and atom bombs because that is what the question says.

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 29 October 2008 at 6:45am | IP Logged
So now one unanswered question: -

1. From Jasleen - What kind of drugs are used in medicines?

Somebody please answer the above question.

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 29 October 2008 at 7:02am | IP Logged
avinash,
while counting the point i have assumed godison has given you 5 points and sita di has given me 5. If latter they give different point I will edit my point update.
your answer is correct and detailed so 5 point to you. your total now become 40
I don't know ans of jasleen, hope someone else can answer

Post Reply New Post

Go to top