GOTW: Sciene and tech game - Page 3

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by akhl

Rajinish,
Not all new-borns have exact same number of bones. So I should not expect anybody to give the exact figure. But it is true that it is more than 206 and 270 is a good approximation.
So, 5 points to you.

godisone,
Palladium's atomic mass is 106.42.

Next question:- What is the difference between atomic mass and mass number (also called atomic mass number and nucleon number)?

I am giving you 5 points for your refrigerator answer. hmmm if my this answer is correct then sita di should also be given points. so give point to her too
ur ans
___________________________________________________________________________________
atomic mass is total mass of an atom i.e mass of proton, electron and neutron combined of that atom. It is expressed in unit called Atomic mass unit(AMU). whereas Atomic mass number is total number of proton and neutrons in nucleus of that atom. Atomic mass  number= number of neutron+ number of proton. It is unit less
__________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by rajnish_here - 15 years ago
Originally posted by sita11

ok my question is -------------what is LANTHANIDE series ??????? in periodic table .😊

jasleen and avinash will give you points

ur answer

______________________________________________________________________________________
The rare earth elements (or rare earth metals) include the elements with atomic numbers 57 through 71, and, named in order, are lanthanum (La), cerium (Ce), praseodymium (Pr), neodymium (Nd), promethium (Pm), samarium (Sm), europium (Eu), gadolinium (Gd), terbium (Tb), dysprosium (Dy), holmium (Ho), erbium (Er), thulium (Tm), ytterbium (Yb), and lutetium (Lu).  The elements cerium (Ce, atomic no. 58) through lutetium (Lu, atomic no. 71) are commonly known as the lanthanide series.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Q-why we use modems
also an unanswered Q asked by tannishta
Q- how electrical heater works

Rajnish,
I thought marks are given to the first person, who gives correct answer. Anyway, 5 points to Sita di too.
Your answer regarding atomic mass and mass number is correct. So 5 points to you too.

How electric heater works: -
I thought, by now, somebody would have answered this question. Anyway, I got a chance.😊

Electric heater converts electrical energy into heat. There are various kinds of heaters. However, there is common principle that when current flows through a resistance, then it generates heat.
Want some Mathematics?πŸ˜› OK, here it is: -
Why current i flows through resistance R for time t, then heat generated
= i^2 Rt
This is called Joule heating.
So, in all heaters an element is used through which current is flown.

The heat is transferred to surroundings through various means. Different heaters adopt different means. They are:-
1. Infrared radiation: - heat radiation travels from the element to an object, which partially absorbs the heat.

2. Conduction and convection - The element heats air next to it through conduction. The hot air is less dense, so it rises and cool air takes its place and that cycle is repeated. This process is called convection.

If you ask about some specific kind of heater, then I will explain that in more detail.
What is Lanthanide series: -

The modern terminology (as per IUPAC nomenclature) is "Lanthanoid". These are 15 elements from lanthanum (atomic number 57) to lutetium (atomic number 71).
@ sita di....ur ans. is right sita di....so 5 points to u......πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘wase it was easy for u coz we both r the sawaries of the same kashtiπŸ˜†......wase i know how it feels when we don't  get selected in PMT😭 ....even i cudn't clear my 1 st attempt coz i was preparing for  12th board also.......wase even i'm more interested in MBBS...and not in BDS.......wase i was surprised to know that even u r a bio student....same pinch.....πŸ˜†

@ rajnish bhaiya.......i'm not good at comp. but i think ur  ans. is....

Modem is short form of modulator-demodulator . It is an electronic device used in computers.IT'S USES - it converts a computer's digital signals into specific frequencies to travel over telephone or cable television lines. At the destination, the receiving modem demodulates the frequencies back into digital data. Computers use modems to communicate with one another over a network.

ok my question is what type of drugs r used in medicines  ?

Guys, I'm sooo confused. How many points have we all got?

Please update the marks.
Let me also say that if any of you need any help in Physics or Mathematics (may be for some exam preparation or some other reason), then do let me know.
plz give the marks godisone....thanks akhl bhaiya....mujhe to zarurat padegi hi....πŸ˜†

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL.....

HAVE A LIGHTFUL AND SAFE AND JOYFUL DIWALI.....