College & University

GOTW: Sciene and tech game (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 13

bhopalyellow

bhopalyellow

Posted: 26 October 2008 at 3:51am | IP Logged
oh sorry tan i din't read the mark u made for rajnish bhaiya....i dont know the electric heater ans.....but if u want me to remove the transformer ans. plz do tell...i will do that

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "GOTW: Sciene and tech game (Page 3)" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sita11

IF-Stunnerz

sita11

Posted: 26 October 2008 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhopalyellow

hey rajnish bhaiya....this is a fab. game...ClapClapthanks for joining me to it.....but ek small request hai.....ise continue karana....meri PMT ki preparation bhi ho jayegi......LOL

well i'm really very excited about this game....per aap logon jase khataroo questions shayad na put up kar paon....Big smile

ok...the answer to goldison's question is.....PALLADIUM IS A  (SOLID) D-BLOCK ELEMENT AND IT'S ATOMIC MASS IS 106gms.

OK....since i'm also a biology student so my ques. is........A NEURON HAS 2 MAIN PARTS-CYTON AND AXON.....BUT IT ALSO HAS A AMALL BULGING PART IN BETWEEN CYTON AND AXON KNOWN AS AXON HILLOCK , SO THE QUESTION IS THAT ,IS AXON HILLOCK A PART OF CYTON OR AXON?
i hope it's simple....Tongue

Axon hillock is a part of CYTON ,as it's the entry point (cone shaped) of CYTON INTO AXON !!!Tongue

folks i am terrible at PHYSICS questions.
jasleen ,so ur preparing for PMTSmile ,
i also gave PMT exams but due to my terrible physics ,i nevee got a good rank & u know for doing MBBS u need to get a good rank under 500.I was really heart broken ,one needs to get rank under 500 to get admission into PMTCry.

in my eyes only MBBS of great value,BDS is also ok but doing BHMS & BAMS, is of no worth !!!

LIKE private ENGINEERING colleges where one cud afford the fees but getting admission into a private MEDICAL college is impossible becaz there the fees is unlimited, so one cannot think of taking admission i private MEDICAL COLLEGES !!!

when ever  i think of my PMT exams I ALWAYS BECOME sad .

ok my question is -------------what is LANTHANIDE series ??????? in periodic table .Smile

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 26 October 2008 at 5:51am | IP Logged
@ tan- he he he why u asked me different que. BTW your ans is corret so 5 point to you
ur ans is
Transformer is a device that transfer energy from one circuit to another by means of common magnetic field. In all cases except autotransformer there is no direct electrical confection  from one circuit to the other.
when an alternating current flows in a conductor, a magnetic field exist around the conductor. If another conductor is placed in the field created by first conductor such that the flux line links the second conductor, then voltage is induced in the second conductor. the use of magnetic field from one coil to induce voltage into a second coil is a principle on which transformer theory and application is based.

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 26 October 2008 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by godisone

A two stroke engine completes intake, compression, combustion, and exhaust in two strokes while the four stroke engine completes it in four strokes.

Q: What is the atomic mass of Palladium?

your answer is correct so 5 points to you too. your q is already answered so plz give points

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 26 October 2008 at 6:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by akhl

Rajinish,
Not all new-borns have exact same number of bones. So I should not expect anybody to give the exact figure. But it is true that it is more than 206 and 270 is a good approximation.
So, 5 points to you.

godisone,
Palladium's atomic mass is 106.42.

Next question:- What is the difference between atomic mass and mass number (also called atomic mass number and nucleon number)?

I am giving you 5 points for your refrigerator answer. hmmm if my this answer is correct then sita di should also be given points. so give point to her too
ur ans
___________________________________________________________________________________
atomic mass is total mass of an atom i.e mass of proton, electron and neutron combined of that atom. It is expressed in unit called Atomic mass unit(AMU). whereas Atomic mass number is total number of proton and neutrons in nucleus of that atom. Atomic mass  number= number of neutron+ number of proton. It is unit less
__________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by rajnish_here - 26 October 2008 at 6:37am

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 26 October 2008 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sita11

ok my question is -------------what is LANTHANIDE series ??????? in periodic table .Smile

jasleen and avinash will give you points

ur answer

______________________________________________________________________________________
The rare earth elements (or rare earth metals) include the elements with atomic numbers 57 through 71, and, named in order, are lanthanum (La), cerium (Ce), praseodymium (Pr), neodymium (Nd), promethium (Pm), samarium (Sm), europium (Eu), gadolinium (Gd), terbium (Tb), dysprosium (Dy), holmium (Ho), erbium (Er), thulium (Tm), ytterbium (Yb), and lutetium (Lu).  The elements cerium (Ce, atomic no. 58) through lutetium (Lu, atomic no. 71) are commonly known as the lanthanide series.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Q-why we use modems
also an unanswered Q asked by tannishta
Q- how electrical heater works

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 26 October 2008 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Rajnish,
I thought marks are given to the first person, who gives correct answer. Anyway, 5 points to Sita di too.
Your answer regarding atomic mass and mass number is correct. So 5 points to you too.

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 26 October 2008 at 7:49am | IP Logged
How electric heater works: -
I thought, by now, somebody would have answered this question. Anyway, I got a chance.Smile

Electric heater converts electrical energy into heat. There are various kinds of heaters. However, there is common principle that when current flows through a resistance, then it generates heat.
Want some Mathematics?Tongue OK, here it is: -
Why current i flows through resistance R for time t, then heat generated
= i^2 Rt
This is called Joule heating.
So, in all heaters an element is used through which current is flown.

The heat is transferred to surroundings through various means. Different heaters adopt different means. They are:-
1. Infrared radiation: - heat radiation travels from the element to an object, which partially absorbs the heat.

2. Conduction and convection - The element heats air next to it through conduction. The hot air is less dense, so it rises and cool air takes its place and that cycle is repeated. This process is called convection.

If you ask about some specific kind of heater, then I will explain that in more detail.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top