College & University

GOTW: Sciene and tech game (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 13

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 05 November 2008 at 6:04am | IP Logged
I will wait till morning of 7 Nov (India time). By then, if somebody else does not answer the question that  I asked, then I will give feedback on Jasleen's answer.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "GOTW: Sciene and tech game (Page 12)" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 05 November 2008 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rajnish_here

unanswered questions-
1. From Jasleen - What kind of drugs are used in medicines?

I don't truly get the intent of the question.... Do you want definition of kind of drugs can be used in medicines or name the drugs that are actually used in medicine?

Because morphine is highly addictive and it's used often to help the patients with severe pain. Also THC or marijuana is sometimes used to aid the cancer treatments.

-Mahi

bhopalyellow

bhopalyellow

Posted: 05 November 2008 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Originally posted by rajnish_here

unanswered questions-
1. From Jasleen - What kind of drugs are used in medicines?

I don't truly get the intent of the question.... Do you want definition of kind of drugs can be used in medicines or name the drugs that are actually used in medicine?

Because morphine is highly addictive and it's used often to help the patients with severe pain. Also THC or marijuana is sometimes used to aid the cancer treatments.

-Mahi

hey mahi ....u have answered the name of drugs ....but the king of drugs means the catigory under which it comes.......like morphine which  is highly addictive and is to help the patients with severe pain comes under opiate narcotics/opioids........like this u can answer the category with some egs. ......this ques. is simply asked so that if anyone have who have no idea abt medicines or drugs cud just have an idea abt the same.....Smile

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 06 November 2008 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by akhl

Another question from me.Smile

A particle is moving in a circular path of radius r. A force of constant magnitude F is continuously acting on the particle. The direction of F is always in the direction in which the particle moves - thus F is tangential.

The particle starts at a point A, goes round the circle and comes back to point A. During this time, what is the work done by the force on the particle?

eqn of work

W = F* dr. cosa

where a is angle between direction of force and infinitesimal displacement dr

as the force in tangential the angle a = 0 so cosa=1

now eqn becomes W= f* dr

total work is integration from initial to final distance around circular path which comes out to be 2* pie * r

so total work

w= F*2* pie* r

akhl

IF-Rockerz

akhl

Posted: 06 November 2008 at 9:17pm | IP Logged

Rajnish,

You answered my question on work done as correctly. So, 5 points to you.Clap I must say that you have good grasp over the fundamentals in Physics.Thumbs Up

Jasleen,
You answered wrong. As per rules, a wrong answer fetches -2. But, the question is something, where many people make mistakes. So, I give -1.

You might be thinking why your answer is wrong. You wrote
Work = force * displacement
Displacement = 0
Therefore work = 0

It is true that net displacement is zero.
But consider the formula
Work = force * displacement
This formuls should be used if following two conditions are satisfied: -
1. Force is constant in both magnitude and direction
2. Either the net displacement is zero or it is in the direction of force.

But note that the first condition itself is not satisfied in the question that I asked. The direction of force is not constant. It is continuously changing.
Therefore the formula work = force * displacement cannot be applied if you take displacement as total displacement.

bhopalyellow

bhopalyellow

Posted: 07 November 2008 at 2:44am | IP Logged
shey..........i thought exactly exactly exactly the same.....per displacement  ne mujhe hi unde dila deye.........CryCryCrywell thanks for that answer bhaiya........hey rajnish bhaiya u r fab. as alwaysSmile

_rajnish_

IF-Dazzler

_rajnish_

Posted: 08 November 2008 at 2:33am | IP Logged
thanks avinash and jasleenBig smile

jasleen give point to mahi........
should we continue this game as 2 week come toan endSmile

bhopalyellow

bhopalyellow

Posted: 10 November 2008 at 4:19am | IP Logged
hey rajnish bhaiya i think mahi cud give some more points....i not in few days then i'll give her the marks...

and if u can continue the game plz do that so.... but choice is ursSmileSmileSmile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top