Page 2 Page 5

sparklinga

Groupbie

sparklinga

Posted: 22 October 2008 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Check out this video Guys of Sara Raza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxBpKjepv6Q

Edited by sparklinga - 30 October 2008 at 8:25pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jiya Le Gayo Re Mora Sanwariya By Sara Raza Khan" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Indradhanush

Goldie

Indradhanush

Posted: 22 October 2008 at 8:08am | IP Logged
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJBKy0_KuB4

this is the original by Lata ji. All time classic by Madan Mohan, just listen yourself the bhava and rasa infused by Lata ji, ofcourse sara has missed sur, has brought down scale by 2 notes, this is raag based song needless to say. The problem is that these timeless classics are so deep in impression that if some one misses single sur or messes up it becomes evident.

was this a telecast on national TV?

punjini

IF-Dazzler

punjini

Posted: 22 October 2008 at 8:30am | IP Logged
I will not even attempt to listen to it! No mortal can sing it like Lata so why try?

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 22 October 2008 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Thanks for the link.....All I can say to Sara you tried your best..

fcuk_2good

fcuk_2good

Posted: 23 October 2008 at 3:34am | IP Logged
Lovely! Sara sang it very well.   if it weren't for sara , the younger generation(like me) won't know about these oldie songs. so keep it up girl!

it's very unreasonable to expect a young singer like sara to sing like  lata didi who's triple her age. I'm sure, when sara will  reach her age, she'll be at the top too.

Edited by fcuk_2good - 23 October 2008 at 3:42am

punjini

IF-Dazzler

punjini

Posted: 23 October 2008 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Sorry, Sara cannot be like Lata Mangeshkar at any age, so let's not talk such improbablities. A phenomenon like Lata may not happen in centuries. The ability to retain sweetness in extremely high pitches is something only she could do in her prime and no one else could come close. Many can reach that same pitch but not have the same sweetness e.g. Suman Kalyanpur, Alka Yagnik, Anuradha Paudwal.

Of course I appreciate Sara's taste in music for having attempted this song. And if she has enabled someone to hear the classic song for the first time, well that's certainly a good deed done by her.

ReemAnshu

ReemAnshu

Posted: 23 October 2008 at 5:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by punjini

Sorry, Sara cannot be like Lata Mangeshkar at any age, so let's not talk such improbablities. A phenomenon like Lata may not happen in centuries. The ability to retain sweetness in extremely high pitches is something only she could do in her prime and no one else could come close. Many can reach that same pitch but not have the same sweetness e.g. Suman Kalyanpur, Alka Yagnik, Anuradha Paudwal.

Of course I appreciate Sara's taste in music for having attempted this song. And if she has enabled someone to hear the classic song for the first time, well that's certainly a good deed done by her.

Totally Agree. Well said.

punjini

IF-Dazzler

punjini

Posted: 23 October 2008 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Now that we are on the subject of this beautiful song, why don't you hear the original at http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/hindi_bollywood/s/movie_name.158/

The name of the movie is Anpadh and it is picturised on guess who? Bindu! Yes, Bindu before she became a vamp in later films. She is very young in this movie.

It is based on Raga Yaman Kalyan, one of my most favourite ragas which simply gives me a high like no other. In fact, I asked Raju from my team to sing this song during the last IF-SRGMP and he struggled a lot despite his classical training.

Listen to the instrumental support given to the music especially the sweet sound of the sitar and the able tabla.

What a composition by Madan Mohan! I always feel sad when the song is over!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top