Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

India-Forums

AR ~ Never say Goodbye ~ Final Prt/Pg 59 - 5/05/09 (Page 59)

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Hey guys ! I just wanna thank each and every one of you who have commented on my FF throughout ! [ inspite of it being crappy ] It has been a great journey and this FF will always be special to me because it is my very first FF :)

So without further delay, here is the last part. I hope I haven't dissapointed you all :) As you all know, I suck at writing mushy scenes so forgive me for the lack of them, although I've tried to include those in this partEmbarrassed 

Warning - This part below is slightly long, so don't blame me if you fall asleep, you have been warned before-hand.

PART 14 - B ( LAST PART )

Ridhima plopped down on the bed, enervated due to the recent events in her life, everything had happened so fast, so quickly that she had had no time to comprehend her own feelings completely. Rahul's sudden appearence in her office with the divorce papers in his hand had caught her off-guard for one fleeting moment. She still didn't know what to do, even though deep down she knew that Rahul was right, that their marriage was indeed over, she couldn't bring herself to sign those papers, and she herself didn't know why.

Whenever she extended her hand to sign the papers, an aberrant feeling of guilt arose within her, she felt as if she was responsible for the break down of their marriage. She didn't know where that guilt stemmed from, but perhaps it was the fact that Rahul had yet not forgiven her. He was still giving her the cold-shoulder, this discomposed her more than anything else. She was not used to Rahul turning his back on her or looking at her with cold, unforgiving eyes, and this sudden and unpleasent change in his behaviour did not go down well in her mind.

Armaan seemed like a far-away, inaccessible entity. She found herself so badly entangled in the mess she had created for herself that talking to Armaan was last on the list of her priorities. How long had it been since she last talked to him ? 3 weeks maybe ? yet there was not a moment in the day that she did not miss him, now she knew what it is like to be seperated from your true love.

Tears rolled down her cheeks as a feeling of helplesness crept into her, she could no longer contain the pain of seperation, the anguish, and the sense of guilt within her. She slowly slid down to the floor and held her head in her hands. Sobbing violently, she lamented her fate and in order to ease the pain, started blaming god, Why me ? Isn't every person allowed to fall in love ? Then why am I being put through this ? Why ? WHY ?

After what seemed like hours, her tears subsided and she sat on the floor with her arms around her knees. She glanced at the divorce papers kept on the bed, and felt the same pang of guilt, what do I do ?..

Then she heard a soft knock on the door...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi Anjali, Why did you want to meet me ?" Rahul asked as he sat down on the chair opposite Anjali. She felt she needed to discuss this matter with Rahul before he took any step he would regret later. Knowing Rahul quite well, she feared that he might do something impulsive in his fury.

She studied him closely, he looked pale and tired, and detached...to a certain extent. She could say that because never before that he called her 'Anjali', it was always, 'Anji' or 'Anj'. She could understand what he was going through, afterall, she had been through the same situation. But now she understood the positive side of it..jo hota hai, acche ke liya hota hai..she thought, all of us were internally hollow in our respective relationships, and our sorrow would only increase if we continued to live in untable institutions. 

Rahul was trying to avert her gaze, clearly depressed, and there was a little trace of dissappointment in his eyes, was he blaming Ridhima ?

Anjali placed her hand upon Rahul's and gave it a slight squeeze, he looked up at her with an expression of utmost curiosity on his face, although something about his expression told Anjali that he already knew why he had been called to talk with her.

Without a moment's hesitation, Anjali started to speak, "Rahul, I needed to talk to you because I feel that since we're in the same situation, I think we can help each other out in the best way possible. Look Rahul, I know that you're sad, and maybe angry aswell, but you need to understand that our marriages were simply not working out" said Anjali in an earnest voice.

Without waiting for Rahul's response, she continued, "We have been running away from this reality for a long time, trying to appease ourselves, somehow trying to make things work, but Rahul, sometimes it is best to let go...for all of us"

At this, tears formed in Rahul's eyes and he looked up, visibly nearing his break-down. Anjali knew that he had been bottling up his emotions for a long time, pretending to be angry and firm when he was shattered from within. He placed his hand upon Anjali's, and said in a low voice which almost sounded like a whisper, "I tried so..so hard Anjali...I don't deserve this..I d-don't deserve this..Where did I go wrong ?" Tears fell freely now and he did not attempt to wipe them away. Anjali let him vent out his anguish, knowing that he had pushed himself to a great extent.

When his tears began to abate, Anjali gathered her voice again and said, "Armaan and I signed the divorce papers, I moved out yesterday"

Rahul jerked his head up at this piece of news, clearly taken aback, "Really ? Anj, I'm so sorry, why didn't you tell me ? maybe I could have help...maybe.."

He was cut off by Anjali who smiled at his friendly-concen, "Rahul, relax. Armaan & I ended things on a good note. He has always been a great friend and we continue to be like that. That's why I'm here today to talk to you, to explain to you that none of us can sustain our relationships any longer"

Rahul stared at her for a moment, and then looked down, nodding slightly in understanding. He was beginning to understand that Anjali was right, maybe it was for the greater happiness of all of them, maybe they will be happier after disentangling eachother from the rusted chains of their marriages, maybe releasing each other is the key...

Anjali looked at him and knew that he had understood, "Rahul, I also want you to know that it was no one's fault - not yours, not mine, not Armaan's, not Ridhima's. There are some things in life we have no control over, perhaps this situation is one of those things..." She paused for a moment and continued, "Forgive Ridhima Rahul, release her from her misery, I know she must be dying inside. Your forgiveness is very important for her..Please Rahul.."

Rahul looked up and nodded in consent, "You're right Anji...if not for anyone else, I think it is important for me to let go..." Anjali smiled and nodded, "It is Rahul...It is.."

Rahul looked at her and said, "And Thankyou...I don't know what would have happened to me if not for you.." He gave her a wide smile which she returned with equal enthusiasm.

"Are yaar, since when have you become so formal ? whatever happened to 'Thanks-wanks sab faltoo ki baatein hain' ?" they both laughed slightly as they recalled Rahul's popular line from their college days. A feeling of happiness arose within Rahul as he went forward and hugged Anjali.

"I should go and talk to Ridhima.." said Rahul after breaking away from the hug. Anjali nodded in agreement and said, "You should..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Who can it be ? Rahul is generally in the hospital at this time...Her brows furrowed in confusion as she got up weakly and strolled across the room towards the door. Wiping the dried tears off her cheek, she opened the door and found herself face to face with Rahul. She was surprised momentarily to see Rahul standing infront of her when he had refused to even look at her in the past few days.

"Rahul...What are you doing here ? Aern't you supposed to be at the hospital ?" She asked, confusion evident in her voice.

"Yeah well...I umm...needed to talk to you...about something" He said, apparently at a loss of the right words. Ridhima felt that she knew what that 'something' was, she nodded slightly and stepped aside for him to enter.

He walked inside and sat down on her bed, indicating that she come along and sit down aswell. Ridhima was completely disconcerted at Rahul's unexpected appearence. Although she felt she knew the reason of his appearence, she didn't know what he was going to say. She couldn't make out the emotion on his face either, whether he was still angry, or maybe he had decided to forgive her, or had he become even more enraged - she had no idea.

Still dazed, she walked towards the bed and sat down next to him. He looked at her and slowly held her hand in his, "Ridhima...I pondered over...things and I realized that...that it actually wasn't anyone's fault" Ridhima looked up at him, fresh tears blurred her vision as she sensed the sincerity and honesty in his voice. She couldn't believe Rahul was actually holding her hand and was willing to forgive her.

He continued, "It's just that...It was completely unexpected and I just couldn't handle it. I didn't know how to react, to be sad or angry, to be understanding or cold...I was fighting an inner battle Ridhima, and unconciously vented out my frustration on you." His grip on her hand tightened, she felt as if he was trying to convey that he had forgiven her through that physical contact. He paused for a moment, and then continued, "I''m...I'm sorry Ridhima...I shouldn't have..these past few days...my behaviour..."

Ridhima interrupted him, "No Rahul, you're not the one who should apologize...I understand what you must have gone through. Infact, if someone has to be blamed it should be me.."

"No Ridhima" said Rahul, in a firm voice, shaking his head, "No one should be blamed" He reached out and cupped her cheek in his right hand, "Love just happens Ridhima" His voice now sounding nothing more than a whisper, "I'm not angry with you anymore Ridhima...you were not wrong. I was not wrong" He took a deep breath and said, "I think we should end this relationship on a good note...and...and I forgive you" He felt a huge load being lifted off his heart as those words escaped his lips.

Ridhima sat stunned for a moment, she grasped Rahul's right hand, which was still lingering on her cheek, to check whether it was actually happening or not. Tears kept rolling down her cheeks, and slowly her lips curved into a smile, and then into an even wider one. A moment later, she was crying and beaming at the same time. A sense of complete happiness acsented within her like never before. A feeling of culpability, that plunged her mind every minute, dissolved within her, and she felt free - of this marriage, of the guilt, of the unconcious rules...

She hugged Rahul as he smiled and held onto him, she couldn't find the right words to express her happiness at the moment. After an eternity, she broke apart, and summoning her voice, she uttered, "Rahul...I don't know what to say...I just.."

"You don't have to say anything Ridhima, it's time we realize that we're not meant for each other" and it seemed like the simplest fact, she didn't sense any resentment in his voice, and it was this, more than anything else, that calmed her.

"Let's begin a new relationship, a new phase, and this time - as friends. What say ?" Rahul said, his voice now lacking the intensity, there was cheerfulness in his voice, he extended his hand towards her, waiting for her to accept his hand of friendship. Ridhima smiled, shook her head, and reached out and hugged him, "Thankyou Rahul.." She whispered. He simply nodded, indicating that the dust had finally settled.

Rahul broke apart, stared at her for a moment and wiped away her tears. And then, as if on on impulse, he said, "Chalo ab bahut ho gaya yeh rona dhona...I need you to come with me to an important place " he said as he got up to pick his car keys from the dressing table.

Ridhima stared at him in confusion, "Important place ? Where ?" Rahul grinned at her and said, "You'll see..now just get up and come with me.."

Ridhima still wasn't convinced and continued to question him, "But Rahul..where are.."

"Ridhima..we don't have time, you'll understand everything eventually..C'mon now"

Ridhima sighed, "alright, if you say so.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrived infront of what looked like a park. It was deserted at this time of the night. Ridhima gazed at the park from the window of the car, she couldn't understand why she had been bought here at midnight. She turned towards Rahul, who was now coming towards her to open the car gate for her, "Rahul..what are we doing ?..."

"Sshh...Don't ask questions" He silenced her as he opened the gate for her, she stepped out of the car and looked at him, "But...?"

He caught hold of her shoulders and turned her towards her right. And then she saw him, standing across the road with Anjali on his side. Both of them looked at each other at the same time, and felt a sudden rush of emotions go through them like a wave of electricity. The air suddenly became warm, and Ridhima's heart beat quickened. Her breathing became shallow and all she could hear was the sound of her loud heart-beat cutting across the warm atmosphere. Her heart melted at his sight, and she realized how much she had missed him in the past few weeks, but he looked the same -  the same handsome features, the same smile, and most of all, the same warm, kind eyes.

She could hear Rahul whispering in her ear distantly, "Go to the love of your life Ridhima..." and as if someone had attached wings to her, she started walking towards him as he did the same....

He looked at her as her head turned towards him, and his breath hitched in his throat. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen her, but it seemed as if it had been ages. He couldn't believe that he was standing infront of her, free to elope away with her, be with her...when few days ago he had almost lost hope of ever seeing her face again. Inspite of being exhausted, worn out, she still looked like the most beautiful thing to have ever happened to him.

His heart had ached to be with her every moment of the past few weeks, and perhaps the elongated seperation made him think that it was a dream. Time seemed to pass in slow motion, and it seemed like an eternity before he realized that Ridhima was moving towards him.

He started walking towards her as he felt a strong magnetic pull between them...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They stood inches apart, looking into each other's eyes...they stood like that for moments, and then they were in each other's arms, hugging each other like never before. It was like someone had removed the barrier between them and all they could see was each other's face. Ridhima finally felt home, a sense of contentment, fullfilment...she was finally with the man she loved, without having to hide it from the world, without having to lie to anyone...she was finally with Armaan.

Armaan held her tightly, letting the reality of her in his arms diffuse within him. He buried his face in her hair, and allowed the tears to fall. The world around them dissolved into nothingness as no one but they existed at the moment. They didn't realize when Rahul and Anjali hugged each other, congratulating each other on the sucess of their plan, blessed them and walked away, they didn't realize that it had started raining and both of them were drenched...it was just Armaan and Ridhima standing on a far-off planet.

They slowly broke apart, and joined their foreheads as Armaan cupped Ridhima's cheeks. He kissed her forehead and whispered, "Remember I told you Ridhima, never say goodbye..." she smiled at him, and that smile reached her eyes, making them twinkle. She nodded and they hugged again...this time, never to be seperated again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 years later....

Ridhima stood in the balcony, staring at the scintillating stars. She smiled to herself as she recalled the night when she had first met Armaan. She felt a pair of strong arms around her waist and smiled. She had grown accustomed to his touch in the last two years. He placed his chin on her shoulder and whispered, "What are yout thinking ?"

She turned towards him, and said, "Do you remember the first time we met ? It was the same starry night..." she finished in a low voice. He smiled at her and said, "We've come a long way since then, haven't we ?" She nodded and hugged him again, "I'll never forget that night Armaan, it was the beginning of the best chapter in my life - you"

Armaan kissed the top of her head, symbolizing that he felt the same. He put an arm around her shoulder and both of them slowly walked inside their house...

~* END *~

OMG Did I screw the last part up ? I seriously have NO idea how this one shaped up :S I just hope I haven't dissappointed anyone. I'm not really good at writing romantic scenes so I'm reaaaaaaaaallllllly sorry if I turned a romantic scene into a comical one Confused

Once again, THANKS to everyone who commented on my FF, I hope you all liked it ! I certainly had a great time writing this FF [ although the romantic scenes gave me problems lol ] Please do comment/criticise !

Oh and yeah, Here is VM dedicated to this Part, although the song doesn't go with the theme exactly, i just felt like ending the part with a song. It has been made by me on the song 'Maahi' from Raaz 2 : D

( Relax, I'm only marketing my VMs through this section )

Love
Neeta Hug

Edited by -Neetz- - 05 May 2009 at 2:08am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dreamygirl_95MJHT-DMGazy123scorpio95cutiepreetjanu1610

-simi- IF-Sizzlerz
-simi-
-simi-

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
AAHHHHH what an ending man!! the mush wasnt bad at all man, trust  me!! it was veryyyy cute!!!!!!!!!! Big smileBig smileBig smile

tumne humein itna khush kar diya hai ki hum tunhe shrap se mukt karte hain [=))}

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

swetha10 IF-Sizzlerz
swetha10
swetha10

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Superb part... lovely ending to a wonderful FF.. luved anjie convincing Rahul n also liked the leap...thanx a ton for the lovely FF... keep writing.. n tc...
AMMY LUVS RIDZ IF-Rockerz
AMMY LUVS RIDZ
AMMY LUVS RIDZ

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
AWESOME PART.I AM VERY happy that they both forgive AR.if u start a new ff then plzzz don't forget to pm me.bless u.Smile
pickytg Goldie
pickytg
pickytg

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 2:10pm | IP Logged

hahahha liz ur sucha darling....so funny yeh! :D

great update...wrapped up nicely....sure it wasnt the best from you..but sumwer i bliv id lost interest with the gap....!! it was good enuf :)

lookin fwd to a grt read in your next one up...!!

cheers sweets,

nij Blushing
spln IF-Sizzlerz
spln
spln

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
hiya liz... neat wrap up indeed, and no your romantic scenes weren't funny dont freak with the idea... i have to admit i had a hard time keeping the actors and scenes of the movie out of my mind, and felt i wasnt doing justice enough to what i was reading in the process... but thats me... i always believe if i see the movie based on a book, im never fair to the book, and somewhere i believe the writings should come first, i wished i hadnt seen KANK... but oh well...

yeh... i liked the update... rahul anj scene and the last scene the most... loking forward to your next!

cheers,

nj

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

Prasanthi IF-Rockerz
Prasanthi
Prasanthi

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Lizi... A neat and well done wrap up... liked the Rah-Anji scene and the last bit of AR the most... very well done honey...loooking forward for more from you...
teenorchid IF-Sizzlerz
teenorchid
teenorchid

Posted: 05 May 2009 at 12:20am | IP Logged
reserved

Go to top