•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Ronit is unhappy!
22 Oct 2008, 0000 hrs IST, ROSHNI K OLIVERA , TNN
              Text:
There's talk that Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi is finally wrapping up.
Ronit Roy (TOI photo)

The date's not known yet, but it could end in a month's time. This show that changed the face of Indian television actually started the family drama trend. The term 'saas-bahu soaps' came about thanks to Kyunki...

Yes, in many ways it was a women-dominated show, but the men did have a role to play. The one character that always stood out in this serial over the years, is that of Mihir Virani. Played by Ronit Bose Roy, this character has always been hugely popular among women.

Now with the show coming to an end, BT spoke to Ronit about his journey. "I haven't got an official communication on it, but yes, there has been talk on the sets and there have been articles in the media about the serial wrapping up. So we guess it's just a matter of time," said Ronit.

Getting philosophical, he further added, "All good things must come to an end. As somebody said end is always the beginning for something new. It's like life and death. Death makes way for a new life."

Ronit incidentally was the third Mihir Virani. The character was first played by Amar Upadhyay. Remember the time when Mihir was killed on the show and the nation went into mourning! It was by public demand that he was resurrected. When Ronit took up the role, it was a huge challenge. "I was a little nervous. One always has those acceptance fears. In this case the fears were more. But I took up the challenge. I remember shooting for the first time on October 9, 2002. The episode was relayed on the 10th and that was the best birthday gift I could get the next day... I was accepted by the public as Mihir. It's always been a revered character. It was almost like being the crowned king for six years."
var zz=0;var sldsh=0; var bellyaddiv = '';sldsh=1; var stindex=100; var stp=150; var taglen=0; var tmp; var tagcheck = new Array("div","span","br","font","a"); var storycontent = document.getElementById("storydiv").innerHTML; var firstpara = storycontent.substring(0,storycontent.toLowerCase().indexOf("

")).toLowerCase(); function findptt(cnt){ zz++; if(zz == 10)return; var xxx=-1,yyy=-1; var ccnt = cnt; for(ii=0; ii < tagcheck.length; ii++ xxx = ccnt.indexOf"<"+tagcheckii; ifxxx != -1 && xxx < 150 stp = stp; var tmp1 = ccnt.subccnt.indexOf"<"+tagcheckii,ccnt.length; yyy = tmp1.indexOf">"); if(yyy != -1){ taglen += yyy; stp = stp + yyy; yyy+=1; } break; taglen = taglen + tagcheck[ii].length + 3; } } if(xxx == -1 || xxx >= 150){ return; }else{ var tmp2 = ccnt.substring(0,xxx); tmp2 += ccnt.substring((yyy+xxx),ccnt.length); findptt(tmp2); } }findptt(firstpara); if(firstpara.length <= taglen + 150 stp = firstpara.length; var tmpminus=0; var tmpcon = story.sub0,stp; iftmpcon.lastIndexOf"<" < tmpcon.lastIndexOf">")){ }else{ tmpminus = tmpcon.length - tmpcon.lastIndexOf("<"; stp = stp - tmpminus; tmpcon = story.sub0,stp + bellyaddiv + story.substp,story.length; ifsldsh == 0 && doweshowbellyad != 1else ."storydiv".inner = tmpcon;
var imgid = '3624431'; var capt = 'Ronit Roy (TOI photo)'; var cnt='1'; var ttl='Ronit Roy'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ''; } var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;